Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speed control for Micro rs4 >

Speed control for Micro rs4

Old 12-02-2002, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Looking to get a esc for my Micro, I'm not into racing just hardcore bashing. I'm really not looking to put alot of money into hop ups. Just want it fast and fun. First I have a Futaba MJ radio control from my Nitro RS4, can I use this and just buy other parts for it. Or do I have to buy a new controller with everything. I have been looking at ESC and what is a good, cheap one with reverse that will allow my to use atleast a 6cell and a 300motor. Does the difference in amps make that much of a difference. I have seen 90a - 600a whats the difference besides price. I just want this esc for my micro. Thanks and sorry for the long post.

---Herb---
Old 12-03-2002, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Hi!
I used the Futaba MC230CR ESC (about $55.00) with my Micro RS4. It can handle the Team Orion Big Block or Speed 300 just fine.

Greg
Old 12-03-2002, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Keyance

Keyance makes some of the best esc's on the market, they are simple and although may not be made specificly for the micro it is small in size and if cared for can even survive a dip in the pool . i have the A07R it is a wonderfull esc with no motor limit very compact and it may be a bit more than the futaba. but it si still one of the best underrated esc's on the market today.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

MTroniksM Cubed, the smallest out there and you can use it with any bigger car if you get bored with Micros.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool, so I can just get the Futaba 2PH 2-Channel AM/1 S3003/1 MC230CR which comes with radio, servo and esc. Seems well worth it for $69.99 for Tower Hobbies. Would you guys recommend changing the servo, to a smaller and lighter one, if so which?

Thanks.

---Herb---
Old 12-04-2002, 10:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Hitec HS-81 mg with HPI micro sero saver kit, this is the ultimate combo
Old 12-05-2002, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Don't waste your money on a HS81 MG.

I tried it and never got it to center right.

I'm running a JR 3550 which is almost the same size but much better quality and more precise.