Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TA-05 front drivetrain looseness

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Tamiya TA-05 front drivetrain looseness

So I just finished getting a stock TA-05 (V1, hand-me-down from my cousin) up and running and have really been enjoying testing it around in my building's indoor parking lot (live in Canada so snow). The only annoyance/issue I've noticed with it is that when turning right while on the throttle the left dogbone driveshaft seems nearly or ever so slightly come out of its slot (wheel-side) which cause it to rattle around and lose power to the front-left wheel.

I'm relatively new/inexpereinced to RC cars and I know TA05s have been discontinued for some time. Was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on possible fix/replacement compatible driveshaft options that're still easily available.

(Will add a video of the issue when I have a chance).
Also for context, the car is currently running a trinity cobalt 27 brushed motoring 7.4v 6-cell NiHM on stock gearing (so likely not a power-related issue).
Old 03-19-2023, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe you lost the o-rings or foams that are meant to keep the dogbones from flopping around. That's my guess.

Old 03-19-2023, 01:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Maybe you lost the o-rings or foams that are meant to keep the dogbones from flopping around. That's my guess.
Definitely could be a possibility that I didn't even consider, thanks!