R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Nomadio Radio System (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/102826-nomadio-radio-system.html)

Nicadrauspro4 02-21-2006 03:32 AM

Nomadio Radio System

Have you guys seen or tried this? Does anyone here have this? You can actually make all your settings and adjustment on your PC and load all the data on your transmitter. Screen can also be customized. Looks ugly but features are great. No need for crystals anymore.

Here are the pics:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ight20left.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...een20right.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../rear20iso.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...v2_closeup.jpg

NO MORE CRYSTAL RADIOS OR FREQUENCY CLIPS
Sensor uses digital 2.4Ghz spread spectrum radio technology. Just like your cell phone, Sensor finds a clear channel automatically without you ever having to deal with frequency crystals or glitches again. Unlike clumsy “bolt on” DSS radios, Sensor’s is built to take advantage of DSS speed and accuracy.

REAL TIME TELEMETRY
Sensor’s digital radio is two way, not one way, like crystal radios. That means that for the first time Sensor gives you real time reports of the condition of your car while you are driving it. Initially we provide sensors for speed, temperature and battery voltage, but the system is expandable and we will be releasing several exciting new sensors over the coming year. Unlike clumsy “bolt on” telemetry systems, You'll never have extra boxes and wires to contend with... Sensor’s is fully integrated into the controller.

HEADS UP COMPETITION DRIVING SYSTEM
Sensor gives you important alerts about your car without requiring you to take your eyes off the track. It does this with an integrated sound and vibration system that allows you to program what you want to know and how you want to be told. You can use headphones to keep your alerts private, too.

BRAINS AND BANDWIDTH IN YOUR RC CAR
For the first time, there is a microcontroller brain in your RC car. This breakthrough will enable all sorts of new and interesting capabilities for RC. For example, there is no need to spend money for a dedicated failsafe unit - Sensor's is built in. The onboard microprocessor knows what to do in the event of a loss of communication. This sort of thing is impossible with "dumb" analog crystal radios.

IT’S RIDICULOUSLY FAST
Sensor’s design team optimized its digital brain for incredible speed and accuracy. The system sends control and telemetry updates to and from the car 100 times per second, with a resolution of 4096 steps per channel.

IT’S A PC-CONNECTED PERIPHERAL
Sensor was designed to use your PC to make it incredibly easy to program, back up, analyze, and update. Once you register your Sensor at Nomadio’s web site, we’ll automatically tell you when new software is available to add or improve functions on your Sensor. No other RC product offers Sensor’s future upgrade capability. There will even be a developer’s kit to allow third parties to develop software and expansion hardware for the Sensor system.

Customize your Sensor!
When you connect your Sensor to a PC you open up a world of possibilities for customizing the way that Sensor relates all of the information it gets from your car back to you.

Using any PC graphic program, you can make your own custom screens, with your picture or whatever you want. Sensor's backlit screen has 128x64 pixels, which allows you to make huge letters that can be read from across the room.

Audio Alerts
Make your own audio alerts (or select from scores of audio files that we include with your Sensor). You can set up sounds to be triggered on a certain speed, a certain temperature, a certain voltage. We include hundreds of pre-recorded sound effects and professionally spoken words and commands on the Sensor software CD. You can also use any Windows WAV file that you find online with Sensor. If you are creative and want to make your own sounds, Sensor also comes with an audio recording/editing program that you can use to make your own alerts.

Tactile Alerts
Program the vibrator to signal you on any event or condition.

Unlike any other RC radio, Sensor is a software-based PC peripheral .

Check it out at this link: http://www.nomadio.net/

:nod: :tire:

mpetrich 02-21-2006 04:40 AM

Yep, a number of us use the Nomadio. Use the SEARCH function. There are a number of threads on the Nomadio. Also check the Nomadio support board (on the Nomadio site). Lots of good information there.
Matt

the pig 02-22-2006 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i proudly have been running since the first days and the sensor is sweet. check out the site and forum for more details. you wont be wasting your time. :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :sneaky:

rcguy2477 02-22-2006 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by the pig
i proudly have been running since the first days and the sensor is sweet. check out the site and forum for more details. you wont be wasting your time. :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :sneaky:

I too have been running it, even before production, way before, lol. We're talking when the reciever was about 8"x4" and could only fit on a e-maxx, :eek: . The radio is top quality and the engineers/programmers are more than willing to help if you have any problems at all. Compared some of the top radios out there, the Nomadio is extremely light. Also, the screen is one of the easiest to read.

the pig 02-22-2006 06:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
kool. i have been doing R&D for nomadio and have had alot of fun doing so. hopefully you can join the roadshow. don't forget there is a new download today that let's you put splash pics on your radio and another one coming in 2 days. all will help the car by letting it act like a regular radio with the priority being signal first. welcome to the family. will you be at rcx for the nomadio rally drive?

wyd 02-22-2006 06:56 PM

Hey Jason hows is going? I think I will be racing with you some this year at the outdoor ORL2 races. Looks like I will be running a few of those this year. Waiting to see how they change the rules for the summer season, especially the tire part. I would really like to run rubber tires in one of the classes like last year but if not I might run a few with foams anyways. Would like to see rubber tires because most places on asphalt now days run this and almost every big race around are area in MD, NJ and PA run rubber tires as do 90% of the country so it will help with setups at future races.

Hope to race with you soon.

Brian

the pig 02-26-2006 10:07 AM

calling you rcguy2477. we need to talk about your sponsorship with nomadio.

Lou Decruss 02-28-2006 04:52 PM

Sensor talk to spektrum

I hear Nomadio is going to have a program that lets the Sensor talk to spektrum receivers

LOW / SLOW mode LOW as in they have to go to low power by a FACTOR OF 6, slow because we have to go from 100Hz to 50Hz

DAMN!!!

the pig 03-03-2006 08:39 AM

new download is great. have had again no problems at all. :nod: :tire: :tire: :tire: :sneaky:

BSchorr 03-03-2006 09:09 AM

So exactly how big is the reciver then? because i have a FK05, and i have a Novak TC2 speed control and a NOvak XXtra synthesized that has to go on its size, not enough room for it to lay down, but i will be getting a Quantum 2, and want to know if the Nomadio Receiver can lay down next to it nicely, is there any other receivers compatiable with it?

the pig 03-03-2006 09:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i run qc2 and v2 rcvr and all fits with extra room. go to www.nomadio.net for specs and details. nomadio is offering a wild and sweet deal check it out on their forum which can be found at site also. pics are of first v1 and new v2

:lol: another new down load is coming before the day is over so nomadio users be ready. :sneaky: :nod: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:

BSchorr 03-03-2006 10:17 AM

Some fugly looking receivers, reminds me of teh old old futaba black ones!

WVRACER 03-03-2006 11:59 AM

i love this radio but the only thing i can't get past is the 500+ price tag

the pig 03-03-2006 06:00 PM

add up radio+ 2.4ghz+telem setup+ crystals= alot of cash either way you look at it. what you like is what is best for all that's the real on the whole thing. race on. :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:

the pig 03-07-2006 01:17 PM

who all will be at the 2006 roar carpet nats at www.stocktonrcraceway.com
look up the info on www.2006roarnats.com. see you all there. :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: