R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   CO27 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/102474-co27.html)

teammidget lilB 02-18-2006 09:19 PM

CO27

Just would like to know your guys opinions on the new stock motor

ALBERTO 02-18-2006 09:21 PM

a few guys are running them at our track, that aint too happy with them. They switched back to the epic roar stock......

nmt6789 02-18-2006 09:23 PM

Yea, I tried one today. IT seemed okay but I think it needs to be geared higher than epics.

EAMotorsports 02-18-2006 09:24 PM

I ran one today....Was faster on a small track than the Monster stock. It has a ton of torque and does NOT slow down in the corners....But you have to gear it too the moon. On a 70ft track I rolled it out around a 1.08. Where a monster is usually around a .98-1.0 on this track. But when geard right they run the same lap times at the end as the start of the race. Hotest the motor ever came off was around 105 degrees. Brushes still looked brand new after 5 runs.

I think after guys figure the gearing out this will be THE stock motor to have!!

EA

Chris Adams 02-18-2006 09:29 PM

Ea,
What about a larger track? Still the motor to have? Also, what about 12th scale? blue and green springs?

EAMotorsports 02-18-2006 09:33 PM

Yes I think this motor will be the one to run on all tracks....Its just going to require a lot more gear than what we are accustomed to. But becasue it has so much torque it will pull the gear. The motor also uses less amps on the track so it does not get hot or fall off.

For 12th scale greens will probably be good to start with. I think it would work well because of the extra arm weight it will not slow down in the corners near as much and will keep rolling better. Again it is just a matter of finding the gear for it.

EA

Jmccormick 02-19-2006 06:36 AM

Yeah gearing gearing gearing I was a bit cautious at first and geared ita few teeth under what I geared the mnstrs at and yuck this motor does not like to be undergeared but when you get it right wow same top end power but the torque is awsome right from bottom to mid range it pulls harder and thats with the rcomended set up from trinity 4499 and red- purple+ I imagine that there are going to be some other combo's that will make this motor evevn better over time.

MR JOLLY 02-19-2006 07:24 AM

EA
Since we don`t have roll out setup`s over here
you tell what spur ,pinion on what car so i can work out what FDR you had going

TRF415boy 02-19-2006 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
EA

Hey Colin, with rubber tyres it would be a ratio of 7.1, as opposed to the 7.8 - 7.66 he would have used with a Monster. You don't need to know his tyre diameter, that's the good thing about rollout it's universal no matter what car or size of tyres you use. Rubber are 62mm-ish diameter depending on the insert/wheel/tyre combo.

MR JOLLY 02-19-2006 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Hey Colin, with rubber tyres it would be a ratio of 7.1, as opposed to the 7.8 - 7.66 he would have used with a Monster. You don't need to know his tyre diameter, that's the good thing about rollout it's universal no matter what car or size of tyres you use. Rubber are 62mm-ish diameter depending on the insert/wheel/tyre combo.

yeah bit i`m lazy

EAMotorsports 02-19-2006 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
EA

It will not work like that. Just take what I said to the other guy on here and use that. Go up 2-3 teeth MORE than a monster and try that.

EA

MR JOLLY 02-19-2006 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It will not work like that. Just take what I said to the other guy on here and use that. Go up 2-3 teeth MORE than a monster and try that.

EA

Roger Roger

Jmccormick 02-19-2006 08:47 AM

I run a FK05 and with the mnstr on our track that has a long backstretch and a sweeper at the end but has a tight infield I ran a 116spur and a 28 pinion with 55mm tire cir. I ended up using a 114 spur with a 29 tooth pinion and 55mm tire circ

RobertM 02-19-2006 09:18 AM

Just to make sure I have this right... you need to go up a few teeth on the pinion compared to a monster and then this motor will show its power?

xrayaustin 02-19-2006 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by RobertM
Just to make sure I have this right... you need to go up a few teeth on the pinion compared to a monster and then this motor will show its power?

That's what they're saying.