Search
Like Tree114Likes

Serpent F110 SF4

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbd
Sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. This is not true.
So i have an SF2 which uses those pieces and it would make sense that would be the method to change track width. Except those pieces are all the same length. So what is the method for changing track width? I assume wide is stock as that is what the default setup sheet shows, but are there other lower arms and upper plate that have not been released?
Old 08-29-2019, 12:56 PM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by orcadigital
So i have an SF2 which uses those pieces and it would make sense that would be the method to change track width. Except those pieces are all the same length. So what is the method for changing track width? I assume wide is stock as that is what the default setup sheet shows, but are there other lower arms and upper plate that have not been released?
To change the front width you need to change the lower arm(s) and the plate connecting the upper arms. You are right - the setup sheet shows the three widths but Serpent does not offer the related optional parts. I think the kit setup is the the MID, the SF3 lower arm and upper plate is Narrow and there is no option for wide (I may be wrong - it is not explicitly said anywhere). I believe the wider than the SF4 kit option is useful only when you run front Volante tires.
I think however the SF4 kit width is optimal - it has worked for me with any tires...
Old 08-29-2019, 12:57 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Seems optimal for me too running the Shimizu/TCS/CRC tires.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

me I buy wider arms kit from Rc Carbonstore and its perfect for my SF4 on crc black carpet + volante green front and red rear

SF4 +4.5mm total or SF3 +12mm upper and lower plate
and
SF4 + 2.5mm upper and lower plate

I use the +4.5 when i use volante and +2.5 when i use gravity ( ride ) tire
Old 08-29-2019, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sbd
To change the front width you need to change the lower arm(s) and the plate connecting the upper arms. You are right - the setup sheet shows the three widths but Serpent does not offer the related optional parts. I think the kit setup is the the MID, the SF3 lower arm and upper plate is Narrow and there is no option for wide (I may be wrong - it is not explicitly said anywhere). I believe the wider than the SF4 kit option is useful only when you run front Volante tires.
I think however the SF4 kit width is optimal - it has worked for me with any tires...
I did notice while browsing SF3 parts that there is a “wide” front suspension set (SER411386), so if the SF4 shares the same mounting pointss as the SF3 (which it looks like it does), and that “wide” kit is not just the SF4’s front suspension repackaged, that could be the 3rd, widest available option?

I should have known better to check the SF3 parts list sooner. While checking for available parts after I bought my 4X Pro, some of the optional parts are still just listed as Evo parts. 🤦🏻

Anyway, I really do like the possibility of picking this up as a 2nd class to run after my 4X Pro. 🙂 They look like they’re fun to drive after seeing several of the ETS Formula races the past few months.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:14 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn

I did notice while browsing SF3 parts that there is a “wide” front suspension set (SER411386), so if the SF4 shares the same mounting pointss as the SF3 (which it looks like it does), and that “wide” kit is not just the SF4’s front suspension repackaged, that could be the 3rd, widest available option?

I should have known better to check the SF3 parts list sooner. While checking for available parts after I bought my 4X Pro, some of the optional parts are still just listed as Evo parts. ����

Anyway, I really do like the possibility of picking this up as a 2nd class to run after my 4X Pro. �� They look like they’re fun to drive after seeing several of the ETS Formula races the past few months.
Yes indeed -this is the best formula chasis I owned (Xray, VBC,Yokomo etc).
In the setup sheets I have seen noone had used different kinpin inserts than the 0 degree one. I can highely recomment testing them. My car is currently with the 3 degrees inserts and tamiya silver front springs. With the original main and side springs and dumping it is amazing on asphalt! A lot of steering without been unstable and great corner speed with Ride GR tires.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So the inserts in the kingpin change camber or front track width?
Old 08-31-2019, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

Is there anywhere I can buy the carbon axle online please? (many have listed on their web store, but none has it in stock)

Thank you.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:59 PM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by photeckk
So the inserts in the kingpin change camber or front track width?
They have nothing to do with track width. The chamber is set by the connecting rods of the upper arms.
The inserts change the front roll center height.
Quinny45 likes this.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

So the Serpent manual shows that inline battery is for high traction and transverse is for low traction. The understanding F1 tuning thread states the opposite, that inline is for low traction. I feel like there is a level of confusion as some people consider low traction as the car pushing and others consider low traction as the rear end sliding out but i really do not know. Thoughts? Anyone running this car on low traction Asphalt? Changing the battery configuration is a bit more difficult of an at-the-track change. Most of the setup sheets seem to be inline.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
So the Serpent manual shows that inline battery is for high traction and transverse is for low traction. The understanding F1 tuning thread states the opposite, that inline is for low traction. I feel like there is a level of confusion as some people consider low traction as the car pushing and others consider low traction as the rear end sliding out but i really do not know. Thoughts? Anyone running this car on low traction Asphalt? Changing the battery configuration is a bit more difficult of an at-the-track change. Most of the setup sheets seem to be inline.
I would also like feedback on this subject....bump
Old 09-14-2019, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I bought the Montech F1 18 body and was sad to find out that the body doesn't fit over the front part of the chassis as the body is just not wide enough. There are Facebook pictures on F1RC showing how they cut the body but it just doesn't look right to me. Such a disappointment...

Montech F1 18
Old 09-14-2019, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Try the j concepts.body, tons of room, plenty wide. Also Bitty design bodies rock.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by eevul
I bought the Montech F1 18 body and was sad to find out that the body doesn't fit over the front part of the chassis as the body is just not wide enough. There are Facebook pictures on F1RC showing how they cut the body but it just doesn't look right to me. Such a disappointment...

Montech F1 18
with the montech v2 wing you need to put the bodie nose near flush to the wing ( +- 1/16) to fit and the rear keep the stock line ( no cut ) trust me bro this is the bodie you need for the sf4 !!!

both are Montech 18

eevul and pat5b like this.

Last edited by Quinny45; 09-14-2019 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quinny45
with the montech v2 wing you need to put the bodie nose near flush to the wing ( +- 1/16) to fit and the rear keep the stock line ( no cut ) trust me bro this is the bodie you need for the sf4 !!!

both are Montech 18

I moved the body forward and now it's a tight fit, but it does fit. Thanks for the input!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.