Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree47Likes

MST TCR

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That is not an easy question to answer it all depends on available traction and a lot of things can affect that.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rough ballpark, is 1800kv. But KV matters less with the fixed timing ESCs that are common these days.

21.5 quite easily lights up the tires on black carpet. Getting enough grip is a challenge for my other FWD touring car.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Though I need to measure.. I believe this is the part to adapt the spur gear:

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...kaAoZAEALw_wcB

Tamiya F1 spur spacer
Old 01-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

SO.... the car turned it's wheels in anger today.

I put on one of my $8 R34 Skylnn (Yes, skylnn..) bodies, the stock tires, a TSKY 120amp ESC, a 21.5 motor, and a "20kg" steering servo and put it on the track at Windy City RC today.

The thing works. It just plain works. I had three other people give it a swing too. I was expecting "some sort" of bad habit, but I didn't find any. And without any damping, the car handled transitions just fine. The handling was docile.

I didn't even have the spur spacer installed... I should have done that. But the car seemed fine without, not that I'd encourage that behavior.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I hope to start on mine maybe end of the week.

What spur gear spacer?

You ran it in usgt? Looked like good turnout yesterday. But that’s way too long of day.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

The factory spur, is "tamiya sized" more or less. To run normal spurs, you need the tamiya F1 spur spacer. Or at least you "should" run the Tamiya F1 spur spacer. It goes between the axle and spur's ID.

I didn't race it at all. I ran my TA07 in USGT. I just brought it out at the end of the day, and let a few people drive it.

Speaking of which, anyone who shows up to WCRC while I'm there? You can have a go with it too.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
The factory spur, is "tamiya sized" more or less. To run normal spurs, you need the tamiya F1 spur spacer. Or at least you "should" run the Tamiya F1 spur spacer. It goes between the axle and spur's ID.

I didn't race it at all. I ran my TA07 in USGT. I just brought it out at the end of the day, and let a few people drive it.

Speaking of which, anyone who shows up to WCRC while I'm there? You can have a go with it too.
thanks. Didn’t know that about Tamiya. I’ve got basically zero experience with Tamiya.

Someday I’ll get back to WC. After looking at how long the New Year’s Day race was, and with adding the Tamiya series class, I’m no longer sure about racing their. Probably just practice was they flip back to Saturday racing in the spring. With Sunday being practice. I don’t know, see what happens.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Ive tried Nerobro's TCR car at Windy City last Sunday, It runs pretty good on Black carpet with the kit tires .
It is not as nimble as a modern 4wd TC chassis but was fun to drive.
It would be nice to see it on pavement . It could be fun if we could get 4 or 5 of them as a class. (thats the hard part)
Nerobro and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Not much activity in here lately. I've read through the thread. And I'm interested in the chassis. My only concern is parts availability. I don't see any spares available on line . Not sure how necessary spares are, but just in case .
Old 02-10-2019, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

I've had no problems getting spare parts. TQ has them in stock. And, if you want to find suppliers, MST is a drifter-centric chassis builder. If you can find a local drift group, you're going to find sources of parts.

I spent about $15 on spares for my car. I have a complete set of arms.. which is really all there is. :-)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply. And sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what company is TQ?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

https://www.tqrcracing.com/ They might even be your local track, they're only an hour from you.

EDIT: Turns out, i'm wrong. I must have been ordering from RCmart.com Whoops
Old 02-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Lol. I was hoping you meant them. Oh well, looks like I can order spares from Asiatees too .
Old 03-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone have any option parts? Alu diff/spool? Alu motor mount? Springs? Double cardans? Compared it to other FWD's?
Old 03-26-2019, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

I have the aluminum diff. I have the spring set. I have the arm shims.

It's stupidly light. It's hard to get the gear ratios right, as there's only two motor positions, so you need to change pinion and spur at the same time.

It drives better than it has any right to. I have not configured it in the mid or rear motor setups yet. I have also not tried making it light, my current configuration has all full size components, battery, esc, heavy motor, and full size servo.

My FF03 is a very solid ride, but has been setup as a real race car... it handles like a FWD touring car. The MST TCR is much more like a pan car.... I expect it will get more so as weight goes down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.