Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune? >

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

Old 02-19-2006, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default OH

Originally Posted by steve eaves
That is a crock,x ray corally throw a towel over them not that much difference-results both are excellent look at the birds,novak,vegas
I race with these guys every week.I think I speak the truth.Still don't think you can really compare the teams to the average club racer either.Most of those guys can win with any of the newer cars.Also,with a large team the odds are that much better given the amount of info that can be gathered in a very short time.I'm not trashing any of these cars,they're all great.Just posted about the locals switching and getting faster.that's all.Mario.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its almost a given when switching to a new car to be faster... After a while you get to know your current car to well.. you start to over think things because you know it so well.. Your afraid to try stuff because it didnt work in the past ect.. I see this alot in oval racing.. Guys go on a bad streak with a car, and they start blaming.. they switch to a new platform where a different setup is needed and there faster.. new car new ways to try things..

in the end it comes down to setup and the wheel..Ive seen guys on 5 year old designs whoop up on the latest and greatest..
Old 02-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dayger, I dunno what Paulie would of done with another car.....the point being, the thread starter seems to think people get faster when switching to a corally......yet Xray seems to be fine just holding their own....and winning races.....

And I dunno about Paulie using a winning setup when he first got the car......he ran a 2mm chassis at Cleveland on carpet.....at the Novak, he had two roll centers or something backwards at the Novak.....Peter pointed it out and Paulie just said "it's fast, so I ain't changing it"...

Later EddieO
Old 02-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

as a nooby who has only been in the indoor carpet game for a year or two, when i can get there . i have seen no less than 5 cars become the best out there. the pro 4 or the mi2 or the xray 04, 05 t2, or the rdx or the cyclone or the 415 ms redline etc. my point is this, this hobby has to change every month that is what makes it fun, and expensive . if we had to race the same car or use the same charger, discharger, servo, speedcontrol etc. every weekend it would get boring. this hobby is constantly trying to one up itself. that it why most people i know change cars almost every couple of months. there is this one guy tom who has every car the second it comes out. everybody switches ,if you find something you like use it till somethingelse you think is better comes out. maybe next month we have this talk again, and we can call it the rdx commune switching to the cyclone cult. by the way i did buy an rdx last month.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
I race with these guys every week.I think I speak the truth.Still don't think you can really compare the teams to the average club racer either.Most of those guys can win with any of the newer cars.Also,with a large team the odds are that much better given the amount of info that can be gathered in a very short time.I'm not trashing any of these cars,they're all great.Just posted about the locals switching and getting faster.that's all.Mario.
Is that a fact so at the halloween race when baker lapped paul when he was running a kyosho,then the next week he was running a x ray and threw the smack down and has ever since nothing to do with the car?It is evident with associateds ability to not really compete that ther is alot to be said of what the pros are driving,i am friend with many of thes guys and can speak from fact.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hmmmm

Is that a fact so at the halloween race when baker lapped paul when he was running a kyosho,then the next week he was running a x ray and threw the smack down and has ever since nothing to do with the car?It is evident with associateds ability to not really compete that ther is alot to be said of what the pros are driving,i am friend with many of thes guys and can speak from fact.
No need to get hot about it.It's a discussion,not an argument.I just posted what i"ve observed the past couple of weeks at my local track.Yes,driver ability isn't all of it.Yes,some cars are easier to win with than others.I do wonder about the team size being a factor tho.Especially at the pro level.I do know it's easier to be faster when you have some others to share setups and ideas with.Just posting my thoughts on the subject.Eddie,I don't think the people I race with are getting faster,I see it.The reason for the post.Yes,X-ray is doing just fine,at both the pro and local level,I'm sure too.We did have 1 guy who switched and didn't improve much at all tho.Wonder what's that all about?lol.Mario.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dayger
I might go to that race at Maxima. As long as I can get Stillwell to go with me, I think it would be a good time. It really depends on if the reedy race, or the nationals falls on the same date. I havent looked yet.
So what, you can only go if Rob goes with you? You won't go if I go with you?

Hey, send me a picture of that new transmitter you got, I want to see what it looks like.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well we all have seen that the kyosho needs some work. It's still prototype. It's obvious that anyone will probably be faster with an xray than the kyosho at this time.

Ace- Stillwell has been wanting to go to it. You can catch a ride with us if we go. I think you might have to wait till thursday to see that new radio. I cant seem to find a picture of it.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Corally = Quality

I started R/C Racing back in the late 80's... and bought my 1st Corally (SP10) around 1990-91. I had to have it! Why? Because it was different from everything else that was available on the market at that time.

I didn't just buy it because it was different.... I bought it because it was a thing of beauty - and statement of QUALITY!

I got out of R/C for about 13 years. It's great to see that the same thing stands true today with the RDX....! I guess that's why I've always liked Corally... The Corally name is synonymous with QUALITY!

Speaking of quality has anyone seen the new Corally SP12X....?

This has to be the coolest looking 12th scale I've ever seen..! (I guess I'm gonn have to buy it!) Check it out...!!

http://international.corally.com/pdf/sp12x.pdf
Old 02-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

- RDX is fragile.
Really? I heard otherwise... can anyone else comment? Was looking at an RDX, and they say it is pretty durable, which is why I am interested in it in the first place.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

its all in the arms. The RDX arms are not forgiving, and break alot.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
its all in the arms. The RDX arms are not forgiving, and break alot.

Although it might not sound logical, the 75 arms(x-hard), are the ones that can take most punishment...
Old 02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

New arms....Something is wrong, Corally fixes it with an UPDATE, not a new car

http://international.corally.com/movies/wb1.wmv
Old 02-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tell that to the people that bought the Assassin...
Old 02-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

RDX as defined by dictionary.com

Really
Delicate
Xray

Later EddieO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.