how long...

Old 02-17-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default how long...

bit of a weird one.

Just when general messing about outdoors, how long should you run for, I have a orion V2 element motor which runs quite cool, how long should you run for without leeting it cool down? bit of a random question, but I have 5 battery packs so using all those one after the other cant be good!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you're geared properly you can run all five packs in a row and have no adverse effects on your motor (remembering the 12+ minute LiPo demos at recent major events, where the endbell was no hotter than after a 5-minute run)
Old 02-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

cool thats what I wanted to hear. Thats cool just checking, you dont know unless you ask!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oakesy2001uk
bit of a weird one.

Just when general messing about outdoors, how long should you run for, I have a orion V2 element motor which runs quite cool, how long should you run for without leeting it cool down? bit of a random question, but I have 5 battery packs so using all those one after the other cant be good!
In case your motor gets very hot from continous running of battery packs after the other, just let the motor cool down first before running your car again. Cooled motor is better and performs well. But if your motor stays cool after every run, then there is no problem running it for five rounds of batteries.