Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
WE HAVE A CHEATER! cleveland style >

WE HAVE A CHEATER! cleveland style

WE HAVE A CHEATER! cleveland style

Old 12-02-2002, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is too funny.....I remember that some guys from FLA were talking all kinds of crap that guys from up North cheat at Cleveland....wow whos the cheater now.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

His status with ROAR will not be affected. This was not a ROAR sanctioned event.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

in a recent race here in our track, we were joking about putting in a 19t as well in a stock race since the race was so close, but doing so would put away the fun of the close race.

shame on the guy for missing out on the fun.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by ECHOLogic
Rafael's home town racing site.

fseara

Anyone else notice that his favorite class is 19T?

Old 12-02-2002, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by mab_man20
Anyone else notice that his favorite class is 19T?

That is too funny...whatta loser!
Old 12-03-2002, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

sad stuff... pathetic behavior... And such a stupid thing to do, since he was gonna get caught anyway because of top speed... and then the whole country knows his name... Better find another hobby from today on...

Paul
Old 12-03-2002, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MarkA - this was not a ROAR santioned event.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

PLAYING WITH TOY CARS.

That's what somebody called it. I'm afraid it's grown out of being that, which is a pity.....but a fact nevertheless.

I have seen grown adults fall out because of a "cup". yes a stupid little trophy work less than $10. If I had my way I would ban cups. They create so much aggro.

But back to toys. Let's not kid ourselves. We are not playing with toysAsk the bosses at Associated and Losi. Unfortunately there are people that do it with only one aim - winning. I know a guy - grown up family man - that has told me quite clearly that the reason he stopped was "because he doesn't come here to finish second". What an attitude.

I suppose that means I should have stopped years ago. What hope do I have at the age of 56, with deteriorating eye sight, slowing reflexes and a heart condition.

But I get so much fun out of it that the results don't really matter so much. It's a great day out, usually capped by a session at the pub. Great stuff.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

PLAYING WITH TOY CARS.

That's what somebody called it. I'm afraid it's grown out of being that, which is a pity.....but a fact nevertheless.

I have seen grown adults fall out because of a "cup". yes a stupid little trophy work less than $10. If I had my way I would ban cups. They create so much aggro.

But back to toys. Let's not kid ourselves. We are not playing with toysAsk the bosses at Associated and Losi. Unfortunately there are people that do it with only one aim - winning. I know a guy - grown up family man - that has told me quite clearly that the reason he stopped was "because he doesn't come here to finish second". What an attitude.

I suppose that means I should have stopped years ago. What hope do I have at the age of 56, with deteriorating eye sight, slowing reflexes and a heart condition.

But I get so much fun out of it that the results don't really matter so much. It's a great day out, usually capped by a session at the pub. Great stuff.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
I couldn't agree more Johnbull. For some people this is a business, for some its die-hard competition, and for a quickly shrinking group, its still a hobby. But what it definitely isn't anymore, is just us playing with toy cars! Your everyday "toy" doesn't use graphite and titanium and space age CAD programs to design them. I think the racing quality kits lost that carefree innocence of being called "toys" a long time ago.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Hi Darkseid. Greetings from Malta.

What do you know! We're agreeing........which is more than we do on F1.

Must get back to writing on that one. What do you think to the new regs!

We're still playing hard with our expensive RC toys. Josh presently leads in mod, and believe it or not I am actually leading in stock.

He has also been doing quite a bit of hill climbing (real cars) whilst I think I can say I have finally hung up my helmet for good.....don't say about time too. Actually I'm quite happy tending to his car nowadays, though my brother and brother in law, both now in their 50s still race on. So I still have plenty to do helping them out.

Do you know the actual results of the A Main Touring mod at Cleveland: drivers and cars please!

Regards

Joe from RAINY Malta.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

"The thrill is not in winning, but in the courage to join the race".

Hope all you other 19t-arm-in-a-stock-can guys will take note. I'm curious, if a guy gets caught in the "C" main, how good can he feel getting beat by all those stock motors?
Old 12-03-2002, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

How did he do it? I always thought if you put a 19t in a stock can it would run backwards? Due to a reverse wind or something? Not that I want to try it I am just curious.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Stogie

Something else that amazed me - roof height tech - this was not done until the MAINS! What the hell? Yes, the first (and only) time the little jig was placed over my car was right before the main.

Unbelievable. [/B]
I believe that "Roof Height" was NOT what was being checked. Usually "Rear Spoiler" height in relation to the roofline is what is checked. The TOP of the Rear Spoiler must not be higher than the roof of the car is the rule.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

popsracer,
At the Reedy race in So. Calif. they put the cars in a plexiglass box, the roof had to be above the top of the box and the top of the spoiler had to be below the top of the box.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by BullFrog
MarkA - this was not a ROAR santioned event.
Yes, I know that.

Since you seem to be new here, FYI, whatever appears below the little line and appears on every post you make is called "your signature" and mine is a statement reflecting how ROAR lied to a group/class of us out here in California earlier this year. That part of the post is not part of the actual post or topic at the time but rather, an ongoing statement you may wish to make.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.