Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree272Likes

XRAY T4'19 SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 03:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by LowDrag
I have an Xray T4 2019 and guys at the track are telling me that the ARS rear suspension didn't work or didn't drive well with the T4. I know the X4 has much longer suspension arms, but it is essentially also using ARS and just about every new touring car has ARS. Is this BS? Why was it no good then but everyone loves it now. Anybody have any experience with ARS on the T4 or know why it is inferior to the standard rear suspension?
In addition to adding a ton of weight to the rear of the T4, the ARS also changed the rear shock angle at the A-arm. That mounting point had to move inward some to make room for the hub. The difference with the X4 is that all of that is built in so the shock angle is in the correct place whether you use the active toe or not, and of course there is never a change in the weight of the suspension on the new platform.

I tried making ARS work on a very high bite, small and technical carpet track but it never worked quite as well as the standard rear suspension in those conditions. I would personally just stick with the standard rear suspension, but definitely use the 1* outboard rear uprights with 1* less inboard toe to achieve the same overall amount of toe. This is the direction that our team went on carpet toward the end with the T4 platform and it seemed to work well. The use of outboard toe allowed the T4 to transfer weight to the nose faster on corner entry and increased rotation as well.
Lonestar likes this.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The added weight may be an issue in some classes, but I'm running this one in USGT and it balanced out perfect. I have it set up the same as my X4 in every way so we'll see how she feels next Sat. The toe change vs travel matches my X4 too. I also checked the shock location vs the regular arm and I didn't see a difference as you mentioned.
silden likes this.