Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Hi

Had a good run at carpetwars last Sunday, q5th in the B but if I had got my gearing right I think I may of been a bit closer to the A.

Does anyone have the part number for the 16/17 tooth center pullies and a place I can get them from?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

#PO-SDT111 - 33T/17T (1.94) Drive Train Set (Belts & Pulleys) - COMING SOON - £tbc
#PO-SDR112 - 33T/17T Modified Pulley Gear Set (Belts not included)- COMING SOON - £tbc

Available soon through Much-More Racing (UK) - ask your local dealer. You will need the Belts and Pulleys set to start with otherwise your standard belts will be too short with the 17T centre pulley.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

PS how did you get along with setup at the meeting with the new chassis?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Funny story that. Went to put it on and the hinge pins are 2 short as the pivot blocks are abit further apart so never got to run it.

Will try to get some for the next meeting and give it a try.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MadBrushRacing
So Nathan,

What you running this weekend?

Did you sell all your xray stuff?

Thanks

Tony
Yeah went same day I spoke to you

Serpent S400 matey
Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MadBrushRacing
Funny story that. Went to put it on and the hinge pins are 2 short as the pivot blocks are abit further apart so never got to run it.

Will try to get some for the next meeting and give it a try.
So you had the US spec chassis then not the standard 2.5mm?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

I guess that is the case LOL

Ran the car on the 2mm chassie but full alloy and the car was very good. Just need to drive a little bit better.

I will try and load the set up for people to try and see if they can make it a bit better.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Good to hear you had a good run.

I have the final regional event being held at our home track this coming weekend.
Looking forward to it and hope to do well in 27T and openstock (Johnson silver can)
Got my Team Almighty batteries a few weeks ago and am all fired up.
Later guys
Old 10-20-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So how do you guys think the flex is 2.5mm/plastic bulkheads vs 2mm/alloy bulkheads?

Also.. how does weight compare? I know shock tower mounts are 6g heavier than plastic, but what about lower bulkheads?

Last edited by Dragonfire; 10-20-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

With all alloy bulkheads, the 2mm car is pretty stiff. Definitely stiffer than the 2.5mm car with plastic bulkheads.

Can't comment on weight precisely, but if you have 6g extra for the tower mounts, you are probably looking at a few grams minimum for each of the other alloy parts too.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

So the moral of the story is stick to the plastic.

I have seen a all alloy car and the tranny is very free.. I think the plastic must pinch the bearings a little. o well...
Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'd have to agree troy... when i had the plastic bulkheads the drivetrain was free... Damo seemed to think free-er than his... but i think its improved slightly since installing all Alloy... though i'm yet to run the car in alloy form.

When i had all the plastic lower bulkheads the drivetrain just didnt seem to line up properly... i wasn't 100% happy with it, the car drove well in the end etc etc and i was happy from that point though it just didnt look right. The alloy seems to have straightened it a little, so perhaps i just tweaked the plastic.

I'm yet to run the car for a while cuz i've had battery issues and lack of funding to fix them, so hopefully i'll be out to test soon!

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 10-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
So the moral of the story is stick to the plastic.
I wouldn't say that - all-alloy cars should still be comfortably under any 6-cell weight limit. 5-cell EFRA weight is hard to acheive for every car out there.

I'm running plastic but that is mainly because I am happy with the handling as it is, not for any weight concerns.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sosidge
I wouldn't say that - all-alloy cars should still be comfortably under any 6-cell weight limit. 5-cell EFRA weight is hard to acheive for every car out there.

I'm running plastic but that is mainly because I am happy with the handling as it is, not for any weight concerns.
I am hearing that IFMAR will be imposing a weight limit of 1430 for 5 cell. If that happens, I could run the alloy easy, but I think having the plastic gives the chassis a more consistent feel. Just sits on the track and works from the moment you turn up. The only alloy bits I run is the motor section (all three) due to my cut top deck. I didn't want just a single screw into plastic holding the upper deck in place.

I think with light weight elec, screws, and swingshafts... the Scythe will do the 1375 easy.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I think with light weight elec, screws, and swingshafts... the Scythe will do the 1375 easy.
Rocko - What did you get the Tip Top down to in weight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.