Wiki Posts
Search

T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xray racer
Hey Guys,

A couple of quick questions for you, and i apologise for picking your brains excessively, but theres a couple of things i really cant get my head around in regards to set-up.

Can anyone explain to me the effects of raising the lower toe blocks???... eg going from 0.5mm all around to 1.0mm all around or vice versa.

I understand kick-up and anti-dive/squat and all that... but in terms of just raising or lowering the whole lot im still confused.

And aswell as that... i dont get shimming the steering links or ackerman links... eg: adding 1mm under the ball studs etc.

Again i apologise for asking such an involved question but whilst my scythe just keeps getting better and better... i feel there is a lot still to be unlocked in the car that i just dont understand...I've been doing a few testing days just to try things but im making slow progress.

Cheers, all help is greatly appreciated

Robbie
robbie raising and lowering the toe blocks raises and lowers your roll center raising it will give you more traction and lowering it will free the car up and the only reason i put the shims under the steering post is to get the ballstuds on the belllcrank awy from the belt then i put shims under the ballstuds on the bell crank to make the links as flat as possible to eliminate ny bump steer hope this helps later jason
Old 03-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
I saw that too. It's actually a 2.5mm top deck the stock one is 2.0mm.

Thanks for posting your setup Jason!
thanks e.j. i wasnt sure of the thickness it looked the same as the chassis to me ill call you tonight after work bud later
Old 03-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
thanks e.j. i wasnt sure of the thickness it looked the same as the chassis to me ill call you tonight after work bud later
you coming up to practice for the Reedy anytime soon?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

I WANT TO WE WILL HAVE TO SEE HOW MY SCHEDULE WORKS OUT
Old 03-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Guys, noticed you ran the steel spool in the ROAR event, any specific reason for choosing steel over alloy?
Old 03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

I would like to thank Jason for allowing me to use his back up T.O.P car. The car was better then the driver at the ROAR nats. This car has a lot of potential.

I ended up winning the B main. The car was good enough to make mid pack of the A but the driver couldnt pull it together.

Thanks Jason and EJ for heling with parts when needed.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyle478
I would like to thank Jason for allowing me to use his back up T.O.P car. The car was better then the driver at the ROAR nats. This car has a lot of potential.

I ended up winning the B main. The car was good enough to make mid pack of the A but the driver couldnt pull it together.

Kyle - Sent you a PM, are you aware of the Importer for Australia?
Old 03-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Hi Guys, noticed you ran the steel spool in the ROAR event, any specific reason for choosing steel over alloy?
durability on small carpet tracks with so much traction is a must
Old 03-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

no problem buddy let me know if you need it again just give some notice next time so i can actually get it reeady for you this time
Old 03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Anytime! Thanks for mad rip!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

What up Kyle!!! What happened with your LOSI?
Old 03-20-2008, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default UK Scythe win!

Guys,

Just to let you know, upcoming UK junior Scythe driver, Gareth Hunt, won his local club end of season championship race last weekend, fighting off a strong crowd of seniors! (further info here.)

The result positions Gareth well, to better his A main 3rd overall position from last years BRCA Junior Championships which take place in July in the UK. Prior to that Gareth will pitch his Scythe against a dozen or so other Scythe drivers in a field of 100 racers at the Much-More UK GP race held at the superb Stonehaven track in Aberdeen, UK. (further info. here)

The Scythe has really proven itself in the UK taking wins at a large number of indoor and outdoor tracks including overall wins at last years British Indoor Winter Series and Southern League Challenge Cup.

Finally, huge congratulations to Josh, E.J. and the US team for the recent superb results with the car.

Keith.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by keithander
Guys,

Just to let you know, upcoming UK junior Scythe driver, Gareth Hunt, won his local club end of season championship race last weekend, fighting off a strong crowd of seniors! (further info here.)

The result positions Gareth well, to better his A main 3rd overall position from last years BRCA Junior Championships which take place in July in the UK. Prior to that Gareth will pitch his Scythe against a dozen or so other Scythe drivers in a field of 100 racers at the Much-More UK GP race held at the superb Stonehaven track in Aberdeen, UK. (further info. here)

The Scythe has really proven itself in the UK taking wins at a large number of indoor and outdoor tracks including overall wins at last years British Indoor Winter Series and Southern League Challenge Cup.

Finally, huge congratulations to Josh, E.J. and the US team for the recent superb results with the car.

Keith.

Great links Keith, and congrats to Gareth!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
I saw that too. It's actually a 2.5mm top deck the stock one is 2.0mm.

Thanks for posting your setup Jason!
You gots email EJ...
Old 03-20-2008, 04:24 PM
DZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Widen front end

Hi Ertrachter,

What was the benefit from wideing the front end with the 1.5 blocks?

Well done to the all the U.S team, you are guys are doing really well at the moment.

Cheers
Damien

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.