Ouch!!!! This will never die......
2 easy
Old 02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
2 easy
Ron you beat me to it so I won't throw salt in the huge cuts Nova has right now. It will take many months and thousands of stiches to close those wounds from all the trash talking he did all year.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Ron you beat me to it so I won't throw salt in the huge cuts Nova has right now. It will take many months and thousands of stiches to close those wounds from all the trash talking he did all year.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Just gluing up some tires at the moment, and i was wondering if any of you TOP guys have run the No-Mark tires???... or had any experience with them???

I'm trying to work out the best tire/insert combinations, if any of you could shed some light.

Bradd, Troy, Chris... have any of you guys used these much???

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 02-08-2008, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

I have been using the No-Mark tyres and have had great results with the L30 and N40 tyres with Medium RS inserts.
This was on a outdoor asphalt surface.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by razzor
I have been using the No-Mark tyres and have had great results with the L30 and N40 tyres with Medium RS inserts.
This was on a outdoor asphalt surface.
Good to hear. So far i think i've used only the N40 tyres, with either Type-A medium, or High Response inserts. I've yet to try the Type A's though.

From my experience thus far, i think the HRI inserts are better suited to smooth high traction tracks.

I think overall Sorex tires provide a bit more traction, but the No-Marks wear very well... would you agree???... or perhaps i just mucked up the compounds for this particular track.

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 02-08-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

I ran the tyres recenly in a 6 hour endurance series and they held out exceptionally well especially the N40 tyres.
L30's lasted through three 5 min sprints, a practice session and 3.5 hours through the event at which time the fronts where worn and rears still had some life, the N40's seemed to have better traction and life..For 2 events i used 3 sets of tyres
Old 02-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Advice

Two questions for you

What sort of set up was Josh and the lads running at snowbirds?

And whats best in 19t superstock spool or diff in the front on a large open track saying that as I dont like one ways and on club nite I run a diff as the track is very small and narrow?

Any help and advice would be good as I am seeing what is the best setup direction to go as I dont get much track time
Old 02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
Two questions for you

What sort of set up was Josh and the lads running at snowbirds?

And whats best in 19t superstock spool or diff in the front on a large open track saying that as I dont like one ways and on club nite I run a diff as the track is very small and narrow?

Any help and advice would be good as I am seeing what is the best setup direction to go as I dont get much track time
No idea what josh was running, but i would just start with the Kit set-up with a spool up front, but that's because i prefer a spool over a diff.

You say its a Large open track, but then small and narrow?...does this just mean the track WIDTH is narrow???

I would suggest running the upper camber links in the long position if your tracks grip is not super high, and then just adjust from there to suit your driving... same goes for springs/sway bars.

Let us all know how you go

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Took my new rubber car out for it's first evening of practice tonight.

Car is one of the IIC 2007 cars so full alloy plus I threw an alloy diff into the car too.

I've been running a borrowed Yokomo BD in stock rubber lately as my Scythe is set up for 19 turn foam.

Basic kit set-up apart from camber links in middle length, trinity 30 weight oil in the shocks, 270gf/mm rear springs and 392gf/mm front springs, 2 degree negative camber all around, 1 degree of inboard front toe out.

Knocked 1/2 a second off my best lap from Wednesday night with the Yokomo and was consistently quicker than my best lap with the Yokomo.

I think I can go a bit softer spring in the front plus I'll swap to the carbon graphite arms all around. Still, I'm very happy with the car after only a couple of packs and I know it has more in it.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default snowbirds setup for outlaw

allright guys sorry it tok me so long to post it but here is my set up that i ran in the outlaw class at the snowbirds
front end
4 degree castor blocks
stock sway bar
carbon fiber arms
shock poition on arm all the way out
shock position on tower all the way out
shock oil much more 350
shock spring h.p.i. gold
clamp type hexes
spool
camber link position in longest position
shims on upper bulkhead for camber link 1.5 mm
blocks for hinge pin 1.5 in front and 0 in rear for 1.5mm of arm sweep
shims under suspension mounts under the 0 degree block i have a 1mm shim
under 1.5 block i have .5 mm shim for .5mm anti dive
ackermann plate is in the middle hole
tamiya shocks were used
hackep 10.5 motor 98 spur 41 pinion
rear end
camber link in inner hole in upper bulkhead
1 mm shim under inner bal stud
ball stud in inner hole on hub carrier
stock swaybar
clamp type hexes
3 degrees of toe in
.5 mm shims to raise roll center
shock oil much more 300
shock spring h.p.i. silver
shock position on shock tower 2nd hole from outside
shock position on arm middle hole
droop was 1mm above ride heigth in front
drrop in the rear .5mm above ride height
this is my spool set i ran in thw outlaw class if i forgot anything let me know im sure i forgot something in the morning ill post my stock setup with a one wayjust a little differnt not much though
almost forgot i used the u.s.version 3.5mm chassis and the thicker topdeck
hope this helps if you guys have any questions hit me up
Old 02-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

ERTRACHTER
Can you explain what happens or pro's, con's of changing the front arm sweep and the antidive ???
Old 02-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
ERTRACHTER
Can you explain what happens or pro's, con's of changing the front arm sweep and the antidive ???
razzor in my experience the more arm sweep you have you will get a ton of initial turn in but as you get on throttle it seems like the car just wants to puh out on my stock car with a one way i ran the front arms with o arm sweep ill post that set in the morning i need some sleep the anti dive makes it easier to drive under barking in my opinion and slows the weight tramsfer to the front which makes it easier to drive when you let off throttle hope this helps
Old 02-10-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
Scythe 2008 Carpet-Flex Pro Conversion Kit
[PO-SCH101RD]

Have any of you guys been running this chassis, whats your thoughts on it, is it any good pros and cons with it etc?? how does it race?
Have had this on my chassis for the last two big meets I have been too, and won both (+TQ). I converted from a mostly plastic kit to this and it seems to have much more speed through the turns and resists slowing down. Not much else seems to be different. You can soften it up quite a bit by removing the two center screws in the upper deck. I never run the post as I can't pick the difference with it in or out, so it is just extra weight....

Just added another win to the collection with my scythe at the 1st round of the club challenge in Lithgow, Australia. Also ran the NO Mark tyres which held up quite well, if fact produced their fastest lap on their 4th run!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ran the Tip Top fella for the first time in Mod against Dragonfire above on the weekend, after some awesome results at a different track in stock the previous 2 weeks, Mod was a bit difficult, the car just has way too much steering.

But it was good to see some potential with very good corner speed, a few tweaks and it should be good. I just have to get Cyclone setups out of my head, as i didnt realise the TOP toe blocks are 1mm raised over the HPI ones, so had some crazy roll centres. Overall a Tie for 1st place so reasonably happy with its first run in Mod.

Are there any TOP racers on here attending the TITC next week? If so come look for the tall, fat white guy with the funny accent in glasses

Looking forward to catching up with Vincent, and getting my dirty little mits on the CP Chassis, as the adjustable wheel base will solve many of the problems i was encounteringon the weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.