Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My First On-road Electric

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Post My First On-road Electric

What do you guys think of this car for my starter first on-road RTR.
I've never really owned an R/C car before that I wanted to take good care of since I was much younger plus I like the look of this one.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFZN3&P=0

Let me know what you think!

Plus give me input on what cars you think would be best. Keep in mind my price range is around this area (150 - 200)

Thanks,
Josh
Old 02-15-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

You won't find better in that budget.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sosidge
You won't find better in that budget.
Well I don't have a lot to spend immediately since this is a new hobby to me. But do you think it's a waste of me to buy this car or do you think it's good for me to start with?
Old 02-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tree95z
Well I don't have a lot to spend immediately since this is a new hobby to me. But do you think it's a waste of me to buy this car or do you think it's good for me to start with?
TT01 is a good car for starters but what i would recommend buying is the TA05, same price, better car and much much more competetive. Also it's already good right out of the bos even if your just a newbie.Check out the TA05 forum here on RCtech.
goodluck
Old 02-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheehtae
TT01 is a good car for starters but what i would recommend buying is the TA05, same price, better car and much much more competetive. Also it's already good right out of the bos even if your just a newbie.Check out the TA05 forum here on RCtech.
goodluck
In deed....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKSG0&P=ML
That is a much better chioce and they have tons of extra parts to make it an all out highend car as well. When your ready for that.
Hope that helps solidify your decission.
-Shookie <><
Old 02-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

I love that Ferrari better anyway. Thanks for the input. I've seen this car on speedtechrc and it was out of stock so i gave up on it. I was actually interested in this one.

So what kind of terrain do you recommend this? Blacktop parking lots or is regular streets okay? streets can be kind of rough?

What kind of ground clearance does car like this have? I can't imagine much.

Oh also, it says the radio isn't included with this car, It's kind of expensive.

I know I sound cheap right now but this is my new hobby. hehe.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

You aren't comparing like with like, the TT-01 is a RTR and the TA-05 is a kit.

The TT-01 is not a waste of money, it drives pretty well, is pretty durable and looks good. If you find yourself at a race track week-in week-out, then you might want to upgrade the chassis.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

The TT-01 is not a waste of money, it drives pretty well, is pretty durable and looks good. If you find yourself at a race track week-in week-out, then you might want to upgrade the chassis.
Yeah I think that I want to go with an RTR for my first one just because I'm not too familiar with putting things together and what not.

I'll definately look into a kit for my second purchase.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I think that I want to go with an RTR for my first one just because I'm not too familiar with putting things together and what not.

I'll definately look into kits for my second purchase.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

if your willing to spend 150-200 bucks on a car this is what you need to do.
this is for the kit (ta05) not rtr.

$150.00 for the car
50- for an AM radio and receiver,(you can post a want to buy here and alot of people are willing to help)
$50-for your motor and speedo(again just ck out the for sale/trade forum)

Also you might want to ask people's help if they can give you a good deal on a Radio, receiver, speedo and motor. I can give you a motor if you want to just to get you started.(U have to pay shipping though )
just my .02 cents
Old 02-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cheehtae
if your willing to spend 150-200 bucks on a car this is what you need to do.
this is for the kit (ta05) not rtr.

$150.00 for the car
50- for an AM radio and receiver,(you can post a want to buy here and alot of people are willing to help)
$50-for your motor and speedo(again just ck out the for sale/trade forum)

Also you might want to ask people's help if they can give you a good deal on a Radio, receiver, speedo and motor. I can give you a motor if you want to just to get you started.(U have to pay shipping though )
just my .02 cents
It's the building it thing that scares me, I'm new to this. Not familiar with anything, not even building model cars. So this definately could be a trick for me. I mean I build computers but that's about as far as it gets. Is it fairly easy for a newbie to build his own TA05?

I have no idea about this kind of stuff.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

i agree with cheehtae. heck even find a tc3 or tc4 and get a esc, and am radio. or check out ebay. you can find guys who are getting out of rc and want to get rid of there stuff. anyway u go good luck.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

if you can build computers then building a kit is not as hard as you think it is, I built my first kit without any experience for 8 hrs., of course you'll have some misses but the thing with it is, you'll know the particular part if ever you would break something, you will know how to rebuild your differentials, tighten your belts, adjust your droops, shocks, steering,etc.. Anyways it's tedious,and that' what makes it fun.
hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for your help guys.

I'm looking for some specifics too. If I get a kit, can I change the Body style. I'm looking for a 4th generation camaro z28 body style but have failed at finding one online. Anyone know anyone that specializes in making these things. Also, it has to be the older 4th generation not the newer ones. I'm talking 94,95,96 years.

Also, can I get some links to some TC3 or TC4 you're talking about. I don't know what that means but I'm definately learning fairly quick.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Talking

here u go. rtr tc3 on ebay with a good radio that you can use for awhile. http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Associated-...QQcmdZViewItem

has 3 sets of 3300 batteries with it, and bunch of other stuff. not a bad deal it has 4 days left on it though. also there is a pro4 on here that is for $300 rtr. i figured that is alittle more then what you want to spend but wanted to show you. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101924

hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.