Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Magnet Zapper: Team 1 RC vs. ThunderRC >

Magnet Zapper: Team 1 RC vs. ThunderRC

Magnet Zapper: Team 1 RC vs. ThunderRC

Old 02-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EddieO
I have 4 different zappers.....

I have team 1.....Thunder RC, Trinity Portable (non-ac powered....uses a huge NEO magnet to rezap the ferrite magnets in our motors), and the ERP

The team 1 works.....but it weighs like 10,000 pounds, very little tech support, and it RUSTS like no tomorrow.....its like owning a car in michigan....it's also a HUGE power hog, so you really can't use it at the track, as you will either get a crappy zap from low voltage or worse yet, blow the circuit....or trip people's chargers (you will make many friends this way)

The Thunder RC is the best AC powered zapper out there.....its light weight compared to the others, doesn't rust.....and, you get TECH SUPPORT! It also draws VERY little power, so you never have to worry about the problems the team 1 unit has....we use this zapper exclusively in the shop at Team br00d Racing....

The Trinity Portable, is very pricey.....I don't even know if you can get them anymore....its very small (about the size of 3 vhs tapes stacked up)....and does not required power to work. It works by screwing the armature down into the unit, so you can saturate the magnets with the large NEO magnet in it......I take this thing to all big events, mainly because it provides a GOOD zap, while also being small, portable, and requiring no power....

The ERP is the worst POS made......when you let off the switch, it actually sucks some power back out of the magnet....avoid it like its a hooker in mexico....

Later EddieO
Hey Eddie, I read that you use a Team1 zapper and I was wondering how many times you zap the magnets during a session--how many times do you press the button? Thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Can someone post some dyno numbers of motor before and after the magnet zap?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes please! That would be great!
Old 12-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

i have a question. what would everyone say the erp zapper is worth?, is it like a collectible thing or just a paperweight, it is obvious it is not recommended for zapping motors. would it be worth the cost of shipping? (as in free but have to pay shipping?)
Old 12-23-2006, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

ive seen and used them all. the one that works the best is the thunder. hands down.. I mainley use my buddies.. Its nice and small, and not to heavey..
Old 12-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Michael makes an awesome product! You guys will not go wrong with his zapper! It works like a charm and draws very little power.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lordraptor1
i have a question. what would everyone say the erp zapper is worth?, is it like a collectible thing or just a paperweight, it is obvious it is not recommended for zapping motors. would it be worth the cost of shipping? (as in free but have to pay shipping?)
its agreat paper weight or you can use it on your boat as an anchor
Old 12-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Okay, I'll be the dummy and ask..... what's the cost of the ThunderR/C unit?
Old 12-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

699.99 on thier website

http://thunderrc.com/eshop/index.php...1ccc68bf078235