R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by James35
If you want the best, then you'll want the Alinco DM-330MV power supply:

Here is a review I did of it on a different forum:
Well, I got my Alinco 32A power supply in, and I love it! It's so much higher quality than the Samlex/Radio Shack ones. And the adjustable voltage makes this so much more useful to me. The clean voltage it provides is just amazing. You can literally unplug this for 2-4 seconds and it still provides steady power without blinking an eye. Even when you turn it off, it provides power for about 2-4 seconds. So far, the fan has only turned on once for me, and even so, it's a nice slow, auto-adjusting, variable speed running fan so it's not too loud. The front and back panel inputs are wonderful. 32A banana/screw connectors in the back, remote voltage control, preset voltage dial plus on/off switch options, noise control, lighted front voltage display, and the extra front output connectors are all a welcome bonus.

The size of this is not much bigger than the Samlex/Radio Shack power supplies, although the Alinco is heaver since it's made with metal (something that Radio shack does not believe in). This thing looks like it's made to last, and I bet I'll have this for 25+ years. In my opinion, the only reason you wouldn't want to get this ultimate power supply is if you are concerned about saving weight. In my opinion, it's worth spending $40 more than Samlex/Radio Shack power supplies. You get more continuous amps, features, durability, quality, and adjustability.

I bought mine at gigaparts.com for $139 shipped. They can be found on ebay too. The ICE sits on top of this power supply nicely, and they really compliment eachother. I use the adjustable voltage all the time, for things like motor lathes, tire truers, fans, etc.. After having adjustable voltage, it seems silly to ever go back. I like to give credit where credit is due, and this Alinco is awesome.

Two more pictures:
hi james. i live in australia. is the power cord removable? i want to change to an Australian style powerpoint cord. also is the input voltage switchable to 220volts? (as opposed to your 110volts in usa)

noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RcCzarOfOld
This is also a very good power supply.

I think they're located in Hong Kong, China so the shipping might make up for the savings, but you'll just have to check and see...

tony i have been looking at that for a while now.

what voltage does it put out? 13.8v? does it drop much voltage when using say 2 chargers at once at 7amps each?

also it says it has a fused input cord - so probably can't just swap it for a computer cord from a computer. what style input power cord does it have is it like this

noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:04 PM   #18
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

power cord is hard wired

corwin is offline   Reply With Quote