Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
MI2 Steering problem >

MI2 Steering problem

MI2 Steering problem

Old 02-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default MI2 Steering problem

Hi Guys.

Can anyone help? I am in desperate need.

I recently bought an MI2 carbon and I must say it's a great car. One problem however, when I turn the wheels whilst the motor is running, you can hear a rubbing sound from the wheels and they "jump" from side to side.

I've eliminated the servo links and I am sure its coming from the wheels. I understand that this is a common prob on these cars.

Can anyone please advise??????

Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

it may be possible that you have too much EPA on your Transmitter, try to turn it down a bit and see if that could help your porblem
Old 02-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brakkie
Hi Guys.

Can anyone help? I am in desperate need.

I recently bought an MI2 carbon and I must say it's a great car. One problem however, when I turn the wheels whilst the motor is running, you can hear a rubbing sound from the wheels and they "jump" from side to side.

I've eliminated the servo links and I am sure its coming from the wheels. I understand that this is a common prob on these cars.

Can anyone please advise??????

Thanks
If the wheels are rubbing then I'd take a look at them. I know that there is some chatter from lock to lock but rubbing sounds like there's something else.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Tech Rookie

yes.... Thats the word im lookin for, Chattering... thats exactly what happens. and yes, it is only from lock to lock. Is there no way one can fix this.

It seems as if everyone is aware about this problem on this car.

cheers Brakkie
Old 02-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

I can't imagine much but the problem coming from your front CVD's. Take them out and make sure they are completely smooth. The plastic ones doesn't hold up that good so you might wanna think about getting a set of Ti's for the front, they will last a lifetime and works perfectly.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

What kind of turning radius does your car have? Typically in rubber tire racing you don't want less than 3-4 foot turning radius at low speed. In foam tire even less (+/- 5 feet) to go fast. You should turn down your D/R to accomplish this, or glue spacers on the inside of the knuckles to accomplish this by manually limiting throw. If you need more explanation, just reply and we will be happy to respond with a more thorough explanation.-Jeff
Old 02-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

You are also welcome to post any of your MI2 related q's in the Schumacher corner as well. There are tons of people that can help you there.