Robitronic Avid Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Robitronic Avid Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Canto54: wich robitronic esc are you using?

Last edited by jtrcracing; 08-12-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: wrong
Old 08-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jtrcracing
Canto54: wich robitronic esc are you using?
I am using the CUBE-BL that is a very good esc , easy to setup, like a LRP, I don't know about the speedster, but it shouldn't be a problem to use a 17.5 on it
Old 08-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Are any of you guys having clearance issues with certain lipo packs used with the Avid battery holder?? I am running the thunderpower 5200mah 50c packs and it is rubbing against the servo tierod. Just wondering if there is some kind trick???
Old 08-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Are any of you guys having clearance issues with certain lipo packs used with the Avid battery holder?? I am running the thunderpower 5200mah 50c packs and it is rubbing against the servo tierod. Just wondering if there is some kind trick???
I am running two different lipo packs with my car. The first pack that I bought was the EFRA approved Reedy 4900 pack and it was a bit tight in there. I then bought a 5500 Roar approved 50c pack from Team Orca and it fits great in the car, actually better than the Reedy pack. Fits the car in all deminsions.

One thing that I did to my car before I purchased the Orca pack was I went to a different tie rod setup on the steering link connector. You could do a ball stud type of connection there to make some additional clearence for the steering rack.

Steve
Old 08-13-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Corallyman, what ball stud setup would you recommend to go with??? I will probably change all the linkages at the same time. i was thinking about doing that already, this just pretty much confirms my decision.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

for the steering linkage, I am using tamiya ballstud, it helps gaining some space for the lipo battery
Old 08-13-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

my setup from the european championship is now online on PETITRC, you can download it HERE
Old 08-13-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Does skmotion sell the tamiya ballstud setups???
Old 08-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Corallyman, what ball stud setup would you recommend to go with??? I will probably change all the linkages at the same time. i was thinking about doing that already, this just pretty much confirms my decision.
Potoczak,

SK Motion does not have Tamiya Touring car stuff at least I don't think they do. They do carry HPI TC stuff though and that would work. Generally when I do a modification like that I use parts that I already have just to see how it works out then if I am not happy with it then I will buy new parts. What I actually did was used some Xray parts that I already had. I threaded a 10mm button head screw from the bottom, then used a Xray ball cup and their insert that you pop into the ball cup thing. Forgot what its called, then placed that on top of the red aluminum steering rack and put a nut on top of that. What I did worked fine but I think an HPI ball stud and ball end would be even better.

I have another race this weekend and I need to clean the car and replace a few things on it. If I get a chance I will post my Nationals setup and some pictures of my car. I got to get off work first.

Steve
Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks steve for explanation, I will check sk motion to see what they have.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by canto54
my setup from the european championship is now online on PETITRC, you can download it HERE
Hi Canto,
regarding your Euro setup, you set a "B" for the Front Suspension Plate position.
The setup sheet report 6 hole for this setting but the car (at least mine) have 8 possible position.

Anyway your setting is the second one from the top?

Thanks
Old 08-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teddy
Hi Canto,
regarding your Euro setup, you set a "B" for the Front Suspension Plate position.
The setup sheet report 6 hole for this setting but the car (at least mine) have 8 possible position.

Anyway your setting is the second one from the top?

Thanks
regarding the front tower the set-up sheet only shows 6 positions but yes it is 8 but the front has a added hole at the top so "B" position is second hole from the bottom.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

For me, when I use the setup sheet, I use B as the second from the top.

To be honest, I only use the 2 higher position on the inside of the shock tower. Most of the time, the higher position is best on rubber carpet and the second position from the top seems better on rubber asphalt.
I used only one time on a specific track the higher outside hole, but it was because of special track condition
Old 08-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello all together.

Im new in the Robitronic Team.

Im really really happy with the Avid V2 :-).
Genius Car!

I have a very good friendship with the Constructor from the Avid V2 and hes a friend of mine to.
So were really working together to make the car better and better.

Were working now for a Gear Diff and some new parts to make the car more Lipo friendly.

I was testing very much with the car outdoor and last week and tomorrow indoor to :-).
The car is really fast and react very sensitive on every setup change you make.
Now i also changed to the Tamiya Dampers, they give al little better feeling on carpet i think. (not mounted on the picture)

here are some picture of my avid v2 and a link to a little video from the 3. accu i drove outdoor with the new car at the rollout 4 weeks ago.

I will start to fully drive the electric scene at begining of the indoor season, before i drove 1/8 nitro onroad. but for me the electric scene is more and more comming and im really interested in it so thats why i fully change to it.

I will post my setup soon.

Video is in Youtube under: Rollout with Avid V2
Pictures are in Picasaweb

best regards shasa
Old 08-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Shasa,
good to have a new team mate in Europe, i was feeling a bit lonely here!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.