R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What car..... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/101319-what-car.html)

oakesy2001uk 02-10-2006 03:18 AM

What car.....

I am an R/c noob and want some advice...
I have been offerd a TC3 with spare wheels a 19T motor and 4 batterys for £180.
Should I take it. It sound like a good deal, but dont want to buy the wrong car. I have also been looking at the schumacher MI2 chassis or the carbon one and builing from ther. bit more expesive but would it be alot beeter. if so what sort of components?
It there any good begginers resources around?

I think I have written off getting a nitro, I think I would prefer one, but from the sounds there too much hassle, as long as an electric will be fast enough.

Cheers guys!!

billtc3 02-10-2006 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by oakesy2001uk
a TC3 with spare wheels a 19T motor and 4 batterys for £180

...is way too expensive. you shouldn't pay more than £100 for this package... unless the batteries are new and high quality and the tc3 is loaded with hop-ups and spare parts

oakesy2001uk 02-10-2006 04:15 AM

This is the ad (bottom). I like the idea of building my own but have never done it, am I likely to go wrong? want something quite quick so and a few batterys so would cost alot more tahn buying this, I want something that aint to fragile, quite quick and good scope for future upgrades.
Other question, how long do batteries last (general question of the day!) need to know how many to get of what rating.

leaning towards splashing and building my own, budget of around the 300 pounds(UK) mark for the lot. could stretch. want it for practising on a flat car park and eventually racing probably but messing around on a track I will build to start with, but dont want to buy the wrong car and have to get annother.

"i'm selling my hardly used tc3 touring car.everything you need to race with,this comes with it.
car has a 19t motor,lrp runner plus electrics,stick controller,box and all manuals/tools that it came with
excellent condition bodyshell,original wheels/tyres unused
ripmax pro-peak 2500 charger and 4 x 3000 battery packs
some odd spares,extra set of wheels with schumacher mini pin tyres in excellent condition,3 sets of crystals,toolbox and a carry bag for the car
collection or paypal
£170 if your collecting it
£180 with postage"

sosidge 02-10-2006 05:22 AM

You can get a brand new ready-to-run TC4 for £230...

billtc3 02-10-2006 05:51 AM

£180 for all that stuff still sounds alot. if you want to race it, you 'll probably need to upgrade all the electronics you're buying in the combo = extra money. plus, the tc3 is a discontinued car. this means you won't be able to find parts for much longer.

HotrodHopkins 02-10-2006 06:44 AM

That definatly doesn't sound like a good deal. If you check out the ebay sales some of the TC4's i've been looking at have been going for under $130. I'd say you outta pass on that deal.