R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-29-2002, 06:10 PM   #61
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Are you back again?!! How are those bloody stumps of yours??

After everyones comments ,I think our little buddy rcracer123 will do OK.
Boy, I sure wish I had a site like this to refer to when I was starting !!
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 06:19 PM   #62
Tech Elite
Send a message via ICQ to ijnek

mi too,...wish i had a site 2 refer to when i was starting also...
started with advice from my LHS n mags...
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 07:29 PM   #63
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RCpigz.

I not sure why they not ship to Canada but when i went to place an order it says "will only ship to lower 48 states alaska and Hawaii.. figure that they will ship to Alaska (which by the way is like 20 hours drve north of me but they won't stop in canada.Like I said they will be going right through my city or over anyways it almost too much hassel to get it shipped somewhere in the states then shipped to me...I had already thought of it but then weighed the pros and cons and it almost not worth it..Is there anybody else U guy's suggest looking at for batteries for a good price???name anyone u can think of just cause there are many hobby shops that are really big up here that I know of that sell for really good prices. I tried tower hobbies but I found their prices a little high

ciao for now
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 07:33 PM   #64
Tech Elite
Default Prosthetics

I think that I will put some shoe goo into a glove and wear that tomorrow.
My first (recent) R/C car was an HPI Super Nitro. Found a local race track to practice on and watch some races. Realized that I couldn't hang so I bought a HPI Pro-2 to race. (ouch!) That didn't work out too well because of glitching problems with the car (another story). So I bought 2 HPI Nitro2 kits, one for me and one for my Stepson. (ouch!) We raced those for about 2-1/2 years before moving on to Reflex N/T's. I just bought in the last few months a HPI Pro-3 which has been VERY good to me. My only real problems with the car were, (1) Charging the batteries at home the night before. and (2) Suffering with a Dog of a P2K2 motor. (OUCH!) Fingers starting to hurt again. Bye!
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 07:43 PM   #65
Tech Elite
Default Towers prices

racerb; (I know Racer-X)

I like Tower for special parts ordering. because they have items that my LHS usually don't carry. Parts are not normally discounted too much anyways so Towers prices on parts are competitive.
I've had good results from Integy batteries and Reedy Zappers. SMC is supposed to be a good matcher with reasonable prices.
The shipping to Canada involves Customs clearance. Some companies just aren't equipt to deal with it.
ALOT of us gained our R/C knowledge from the school of hard knocks.
So it feels good to help someone avoid the same mistakes that we made in the beginning.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 06:04 AM   #66
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Took a look at the Pro Match site again and found out they have a dealer in Alberta, Canada. I have no idea what the prices will be like but it's worth a shot. Hobby Direct 403-448-9415.

Yo,... RCRACER123, You still alive?? Did your head explode from all that onfo ??!! Did anybody notice where RCRACER123 is from??
Hey little buddy, 1 last time....If it will help...I have a spare 1700 matched pack battery that I don't use....If you want it , it's yours.
If you don't take it I'm gonna trade it for a bulk supply of Gauze bandage for Popsracer........
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 08:48 AM   #67
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to Evil_S10

The only reason i say that for the xxx-s and the tc3 is that the tc3 has been out a little longer than the xxx-s. And there are a bit more hop ups for the tc3. There are a lot for the xxx-s, but the tc3 has a bit more.

Dear racer,
dont start out where i did and get a traxxas spirit (dumb decision). I am glad you are getting a good piece of equipment there, but if i were you just get the batteries that you can afford. Dont spend too much out the bat for stuff. Then you will probably want to quit and that would just suck. Just play around for a while with decent batteries, then you will want newer and better batteries.

Just my .02
Evil_S10 is offline   Reply With Quote