Search

Airtronics M8 vs M11

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default Airtronics M8 vs M11

Hi guys.
I looked at both those radios and Its difficult to justify the price of the M11 over the M8 from features. Actually I cannot find any sites that have a m8 vs m11 shoot out, or a site that says whats the difference. basically what is the major difference between the Transmitters?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

M8 is a great transmitter, its about 10years old now. its nice and easy to use, has all the essential adjustments but the M11 just has a bit more features to now compete with the Helios Ex-10. M8 is more than sufficient but alot of people where buying Helios here, coz of a few extra features the helios had, so Sanwa had to come up with something new.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been using the M11 for about 6 months now, I think it's probably one of the best investments I have made in R/C.

You can get a 27 mHz Transmitter & RX 311 receiver for $239 USD from R/C Champ in Japan and its a little extra for 40 mHz.

The M8 is a good radio and was one of the most popular I think, but the M11 is definatly worth the extra.

arrhh, and you can have a blue back-light screen or white. The options are almost endless....
Old 02-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ive had the M8 for a few years and got the M11 now....i dont think the M11 is worth the extra money since i dont use any of the extra features it has over the M8 but i only race electric....nitro might be a different story
Old 02-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Most people don't use anything past endpoint adjustments and dual rate on their radios anyways. So anything beyond that is overkill.

After having the M8 for so many years its refreshing to have something new (M11) The backlit screen the new graphic interface are all nice to look at. What I did notice between the M11 and M8 was that the M11 felt slightly quicker in response. This was noticed using the Spektrum which I swapped from M8 to M11, so I wasn't using the new high response receiver yet.

I think that is mostly the reason why guys move towards the newer radios because of the speed in response time.

I also have the Helios and it drives much better than the M11 but I don't like the user interface.

The M8 is still a good radio. I'm still not letting go of mine. Anyone out there on a budget should even consider an MX-3
Old 02-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had the M8, then i recently purchased the m11. i feel that it has a greater feel to it, better design, the screen is bigger, and that it is packed with mroe features. i think for the littel extra money, it would be worth it. my m11 has the modification done to the spektrum built into it, and i like it a lot.

i think youll appreciate the m11 more...then the m8
Old 02-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

I have always liked how easy an M8 is to use I now have a Helios, but I still use my M8 for my drifter and micro and still think it is a great radio
Old 02-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

great thanks guys, m11 with spektrum is the way to go then thanks