Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Selling Motors Direct

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Trinity Selling Motors Direct

Check this out, you can preorder the CO27 from Trinity directly now.
http://teamtrinity.com/shop/motors/co27.html
You can even get the Monster Stock for $28.99
http://teamtrinity.com/shop/motors/monsterstock.html

Is this good or bad for hobby shops, tuners and consumers?
Old 02-04-2006, 01:49 AM
Tech Addict

If you look at those prices, it doesnt include shipping or tax. Add that in its about a wash.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't think it's good or bad - just another avenue for hobbyists to buy from. It's not like they're undercutting everyone by 50% or something.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
If you look at those prices, it doesnt include shipping or tax. Add that in its about a wash.
there should be no sales tax unless you live in the same state as trinity is. Also the shippinig does pay offf in you order say 5 motors. I tryed 10 and the shipping stayed at 8.90
Old 02-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The_Stig
I don't think it's good or bad - just another avenue for hobbyists to buy from. It's not like they're undercutting everyone by 50% or something.
It's true that Trinity web site price is still $1 or so higher than Tower but what's the MSRP is for? I work for a hobby shop part-time and the margin is just not enough for hobby shops to survive. A customer walked in yesterday and ask me why they are supposed to buy a Monster stock from the store for $32.99 when the mfg. have it listed on their site for $28.99. It's a tough business already and it's amazing how Trinity managed to make things worse.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RickyIS300
It's true that Trinity web site price is still $1 or so higher than Tower but what's the MSRP is for? I work for a hobby shop part-time and the margin is just not enough for hobby shops to survive. A customer walked in yesterday and ask me why they are supposed to buy a Monster stock from the store for $32.99 when the mfg. have it listed on their site for $28.99. It's a tough business already and it's amazing how Trinity managed to make things worse.
$28.99 with $5 for shipping and the purchaser has to wait 5-7 days to get it for $32.99 instead of paying $34 and getting it today. If the hobby shop owner could not point that little bit of information out, sorry he is not much of a salesman. What is the difference between Trinity selling them for $1 more than what online hobby shops are selling them for? You directly stated Trinity is where he could get that moroe for cheaper, yetyou forget about all the other online hobby shops that can sell for these prices every day and have been doing it for WAY longer than what Trinity has been doing it for. Why are you not made at all those online hobby shops as well?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:53 PM
TLRacing

One thing to remember-Support your Local Hobby Shop or Local Track. These places need your support to stay open.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Well said Todd....
Old 02-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

What Trinity is doing is selling their products through a network of stores setup through Shopatron. What they (Shopatron) do is process the order on-line and then it is listed for shops to fill the order. The most local store that has it in stock fills that order and then they get paid for it. If nobody can fill it then it is passed onto the manufacturer.

With the new stock motor they can hang onto the order until they have shipped out the motors and then release the order back to the shops to fill.

Hope this helps.
Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 02-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for the clearup Kraig! Glad to see you still kicking around on here!
Old 02-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
One thing to remember-Support your Local Hobby Shop or Local Track. These places need your support to stay open.
Exactly and that's the whole point I'm talking about. What Trinity is doing basically lowered the street price and sell more motors. IMO, it's hurting all the local hobby shops. Sure you can buy Monster from Tower for $27.99 but it's not quite the same when the mfg. have it listed for $28.99 ... so, what's the MSRP there for? I'll just tell the store owner to bring in other brands like Orion, Check Point, Team Brood and avoid any brand that's not supporting the LHS.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
$28.99 with $5 for shipping and the purchaser has to wait 5-7 days to get it for $32.99 instead of paying $34 and getting it today. If the hobby shop owner could not point that little bit of information out, sorry he is not much of a salesman. What is the difference between Trinity selling them for $1 more than what online hobby shops are selling them for? You directly stated Trinity is where he could get that moroe for cheaper, yetyou forget about all the other online hobby shops that can sell for these prices every day and have been doing it for WAY longer than what Trinity has been doing it for. Why are you not made at all those online hobby shops as well?
T.Thomas, your logic is correct but try to tell your story to a walk-in customer. He probably still thinks you're trying to rip him off, running a hobby shop is a tough business.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

This will truly affect our tracks. I say all the time buy from Tower and then try to have them help you when you cant figure out how to prgram your speedo or better yet take your gas truck into them to have them help you set the idle and while your there you can test it on thier track too - OH MY BAD THATS ALL VIRTUAL.......

You see my point.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

good point
Old 02-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The stuff sold by Trinity on ebay to me looks like closeout over stock of discontinued items that they can't get the hobbyshops to buy anymore.

I too am a big advocate of supporting your local hobbyshop.

For all Trinity haters out there you think big bad Ernie is so terrible but from what I see is that he sponsors a lot of race events all over the country all the time. If I remember he is the main sponsor of the Cleveland race that gets close to or over 500 entries and lot of those drivers that attend the race think that Trinity is so "evil" but they still go to the race that he pretty muchs pays to put on. What is the standard that all stock motors go by? Trinity what is the handout motor at the majority of big races Trinity.

Untill another manufactor can come out with consistantly good stock and 19 trun motors and no how to market rc like Trinity. They will always be the company that sets standards.

You see people on here don't by from trinity by from Team Brood or EA or Fantom or other motor builders. Guess what they are selling you a Trinity motor as well the just "dyno tune" the motor and make it great. Than charge to an extra $15 or more only for you to put in overgeard car with some crap ass batt. pack. The "dyno tuned" motor last for maybe one or two runs than you take look to see that brushes are burnt up and the com is black. So you go and cut the comm and find than that the comm is shot as well because the motor tunner cut half of it off to get those great dyno numbers. Now how is this any worse than what Trinity is doing?

The bottom line is that people get on here and think that it so bad that Trinity is selling stuff online but these same people are the ones that will buy Losi or Horizon products under map pricing on another online hobbyshop instead of paying and extra $10 or $15 on a kit at there local hobbyshop. The same local hobbyshop that is pretty much is loosing money because they are providing you a place to race at just cause they love the hobby as much as you do. Or the hobbyshop that has that great track that is ran by that great guy that works a full time job during the day and spends most of his evenings and weekends trying to make just enough money to keep the lights and the heat on at the track That is who you should support.

Granted there is no way that every hobbyshop can stock everything or have access to every rc item so that is where the internet does come in handy but first try buying it locally.

As for the ebay stuff by Trinity. If you look most it is like D-5 motors and 3300 batts type stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.