New Corally SP12X

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Corally SP12X

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Im sure this may have been discussed so please now jump all over me, but will associated t-plates work? Im planning on using the associated front end on it till i get use to the car so I know what can go wrong with it, but besides the lower pod plate, is there anything else I should carry on hand, along with t-bars?

thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Switch Blade
congrats to marc fischer on his win. i wonder if he used the standard front end or the associated front, as well as corally or other manufactures tires.
surprizingly the car is pictured on the teamcrc.com site in their article on the success of their products at the SB's. from the way i read it, he was the only one in the Mod A-main that ran their pro-cut wheels.

In 1/12th modified, Marc Fischer used those precious CRC Pro Cut tires to destroy the modified field. Fischer used CRC Magenta front #2172 and Magenta rear #2176 Pro Cuts to T.Q. and win the prestigious modified field. Also found on Fischer's car was a plethora of CRC items, from the red CRC Durashock #4281 to the entire line of CRC front end parts (4287, 4275, 4265). Fischer was the only car in the A-mod main using Pro Cuts and the dominance of the wheel and rubber design showed.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
surprizingly the car is pictured on the teamcrc.com site in their article on the success of their products at the SB's. from the way i read it, he was the only one in the Mod A-main that ran their pro-cut wheels.
The SP12X that won at the Snowbirds used an AE .075" T-Bar with AE pivot balls, tweek screws and a full AE front suspension.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

interesting isent it
Old 02-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I agree Wally........
Old 02-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

I heard that the Corally car had mad rip from a GM brushless system. Supposedly, no one was even close to his horsepower.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The SP12X that won at the Snowbirds used an AE .075" T-Bar with AE pivot balls, tweek screws and a full AE front suspension.
The picture on crc site doesn't show that it used a AE T-Bar and AE Pivot balls. Do yo have any picture of his A-Main car with AE T-Bar?
Old 02-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mooony
The picture on crc site doesn't show that it used a AE T-Bar and AE Pivot balls. Do yo have any picture of his A-Main car with AE T-Bar?
No, but I looked at the car for a few minutes after the A-main and I am pretty familiar with what those parts look like
Old 02-23-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

No, but I looked at the car for a few minutes after the A-main and I am pretty familiar with what those parts look like
I am just curious to see how he placed t-bar using the corally pod. I hope somebody did some pictures of his car. I would be nice to see how he changed the car.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

It was a standard SP12X. All the holes to run the AE stuff are already there.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

The holes do indeed line up. However i can't see any real point in doing it - apart from spares availability maybe for some guys in the US??

Although the holes line up, it's still not easy. You need AE pivot balls/cups. Then you need to decide what you are going to do about the post up to the radio tray/damper mount. 12X has the post going through the T bar - AE bring it up off the T bar cup. Only thing i'm not sure about - AE bar is wider, not sure if cell spacing is ok?

Like someone else said, the pics i saw of MF's car had corally T bar - looks like origional thick one.

http://rcforum.co.kr/news/thumbnail/....resampled.jpg
Old 02-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Marc said the car was faster with the AE T-bar. He tried both. The pic you have linked below is of his car early in practice.

I am not here to start anything..I am just saying what I saw.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Marc said the car was faster with the AE T-bar. He tried both. The pic you have linked below is of his car early in practice.

I am not here to start anything..I am just saying what I saw.
AdrianM thanks for the input. I am going to try and geta AE Tbar this weekend to try. Any input on how he did would be great.

thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

No that's cool, explains nicely.

Do you know which AE bar by chance ???
I have to confess i did seriously think about trying them a couple of months ago, but then when corally changed (or i knew they were changing) theirs i didn't bother. The new 12X ones do look more like AE bars

Like i say, the only thing you need to "sort" when making the change is what to do about the post - if anything. I have seen pics of it done with the post just left out!!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's all a straight swap - get all the Corally stuff off and bolt the AE T-bar on the chassis and pod. Look at it closely though, because there is a fundamental difference between the two that means the spacer between the T-bar and the pod might not be right, and needs replacing. I'd just leave the centre post out, to be honest. (MattW, post above says he used the thick AE T-bar)

Before you worry too much, note that the new Corally T-bar is now shaped like an AE one (as MattW says), so offering a stiffer 'ride' than the original one with a lot more strength.

Because of the mounting system, using inserts in the T-bar instead of nuts, the Corally bar is much more stable after a knock, and doesn't require any time to settle back into 'the groove'. Just wait 'til the tyres clean up and off you go - no tweak, and no handling differences. HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.