Wiki Posts
Search

Replacement Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Replacement Steering Wheel

I searched, and posted for curtesies sake, but got nothing. Sorry to create a new thread, but I got no help.

"I let my fifth graders play with my car as a reward last week and they managed to break the steering wheel on my JR XS3 Pro radio (see the pic of the back. The "end stops" are snapped off on both sides . . .the light grey areas) Where can I buy a replacement? It doesn't have to be fancy, it just needs to fit and work."

for pics follow the link. I don't want to take the time to repost them as I deleted them from my HD.

post # 16

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45107
Old 01-31-2006, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

HAVE YOU CHECKED EBAY? i seen them before for sanwa, not sure for JR though.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am almost 100% sure then KO one listed below will fit because of the square and the strait tabs.

Here is a look alike to what you already have,
http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...48106462190.86
Maybe call them and ask if they do fit the JR.
I hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 01-31-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I searched, and posted for curtesies sake, but got nothing. Sorry to create a new thread, but I got no help.

"I let my fifth graders play with my car as a reward last week and they managed to break the steering wheel on my JR XS3 Pro radio (see the pic of the back. The "end stops" are snapped off on both sides . . .the light grey areas) Where can I buy a replacement? It doesn't have to be fancy, it just needs to fit and work."

for pics follow the link. I don't want to take the time to repost them as I deleted them from my HD.

post # 16

Have you tried contacting Horizon Hobby, the distributor and authorized service depot for JR?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

I checked horizon's website and could only find wheels for JR's other radios. Maybe I didn't know how to look well enough though. It seems that is an art in and of itself.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Call the service and tech support number at horizon and ask them directly...
Old 01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got a replacement wheel made by Dynamite for my XS but it's not the Pro but should fit. Got through Stormer Hobbies.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
I am almost 100% sure then KO one listed below will fit because of the square and the strait tabs.

Here is a look alike to what you already have,
http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...48106462190.86
Maybe call them and ask if they do fit the JR.
I hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Can anyone verify Mr. Shookie?

Vabroom-Got pics or contact info on where to buy?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Bueller?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty

post # 16

You radio is most likely toast.. If the wheel has gone past the stops ib bet it wont center properly anymore.. Them MOMo looking wheels suck.. i got one for my JR before the pro came out.. the stops didnt work right and my wheel extended past the stop.. after that it never centered right..It may physicallt center on the wheel, but my settings on the radio were always off.. no matter how i set the trim ect..

Also unless a wheeel specifiaclly states for the pro do not buy it.. i was told this one i got would fit to.. the stop worked on way but not the other.. The jr has a goof type of stop compared to t o others..
Old 02-02-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Burbs-
I thought the same thing about the radio having more damage becasue the wheel had been turned so far. In fact I ended up taking the radio COMPLETELY apart just to check. But I found no problems and when I borrowed a JR XS3 (not pro) wheel for racing on sunday the radio worked just fine. I will keep a keen eye out though to make sure the wheel I get has the correct stops.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

While it's not the direct replacement, the JRPA640 is the wheel for the XR2 which should fit the XS3 Pro. Just be aware that by opening the case and working on the radio itself you've voided the warantee
Old 02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know where I can find a "gold" steering wheel for a KO Propo EX-10 Helios???
I have bought gold screws and I want it to look like the "Helios Competition"...
Old 02-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
While it's not the direct replacement, the JRPA640 is the wheel for the XR2 which should fit the XS3 Pro. Just be aware that by opening the case and working on the radio itself you've voided the warantee

Bought it used, so I imagine the warranty was no good several years ago. Good thought though.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know where I can find a "gold" steering wheel for a KO Propo EX-10 Helios???
I have bought gold screws and I want it to look like the "Helios Competition"..
Dynamite makes a "gold" aluminum wheel for KO. Stormer hobbies has 1 left for $15.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.