R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-21-2006, 09:28 PM   #31
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

.... funny that i only came accross this topic now coz i was running a V2 based fantom motor last weekend and in the 2nd main my wires on the positive motor tab de-soldered in the last lap and naturally caused my car to stall. i thought it was a matter of me just not soldering the wire very well so i simply soldered back the wires and ran the motor again in the 3rd main. in the third main, i came off the start from 2nd to pass the tq guy in the first corner, weaved my through the infield then as i came onto the back straight and pulled the throttle the car seemed to have no power at all .... it ran like even slower than a stock motor. so i pulled the car off the track and retired from that heat. i lsapped on a different motor (cobalt based DC motor) and the car ran fine. so i concluded that it was motor damage and not my esc that had a problem. i suppose this is some form of short as well??? im just hoping though that it really didnt damage my esc. i will test my car again this week with a full pack to see if there is any damage to the esc.

dont think i wanna run these V2 endbells anymore. i plan on running the new checkpoint motors next with the polymer material endbells. i hope these wont have the same problem.

ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #32
Team Tekin

Found 2 shorted solid endbells at the Roar Carpet Nats in Stockton and I was not looking for them.

Also noticed that Extreme RC is on top of it as always and explained the obvious very clearly in the latest issue.

This is a fact that is not going away.... and yet I am amazed at how few of even the top level drivers are watching for it. Worrying about 1/100 of a volt on a cell and then letting it be wasted across a short?????

Tekin Prez
Smarter, Smaller, Faster....
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote