I need help with tc4

I need help with tc4

Old 05-02-2015, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I need help with tc4

Hi guys
I am new here and to the rc world
I just decided to get myself a tc4
Well first of all i live in Riyadh and there are no hobby shops plus no lipos are allowed
So i just want my build to run at 40mph or perhaps 50 without it flying or breaking something
I will be using a nimh 5000mah pack
also for the motor and esc i am confused
need help in choosing the motor and esc
Also i have trouble finding a good charger as my country has a few restrictions on that too
It should only charge nimh no lipo or they will stop at customs
I am done with everything except for
Motor
Esc
Charger
BTW battery uses traxxas plug!!!

Also do i need any thing to replace on the stock tc4 like spur or diffs?
I will be using hitec hs 5625 mg for steering!

Any input will be appreciated
Thanks
Old 05-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pleasehelp
Hi guys
I am new here and to the rc world
I just decided to get myself a tc4
Well first of all i live in Riyadh and there are no hobby shops plus no lipos are allowed
So i just want my build to run at 40mph or perhaps 50 without it flying or breaking something
I will be using a nimh 5000mah pack
also for the motor and esc i am confused
need help in choosing the motor and esc
Also i have trouble finding a good charger as my country has a few restrictions on that too
It should only charge nimh no lipo or they will stop at customs
I am done with everything except for
Motor
Esc
Charger
BTW battery uses traxxas plug!!!

Also do i need any thing to replace on the stock tc4 like spur or diffs?
I will be using hitec hs 5625 mg for steering!

Any input will be appreciated
Thanks
First of where the hell do you live. Anyways a good lipo battery will make your kit run at 100% while a nimh 50%. I recommend buying steel out drives for the diff. That seems I be the only wear part in the drive train. As for motor look for a good race esc and a 6 turn and lower motor. (5000kv to 12000) and then gear it accordingly
Old 05-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You live in... Riyadh is the capital and largest city of Saudi Arabia.?
Old 05-03-2015, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Why is Lipo not allowed in Riyadh?
Old 05-03-2015, 03:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

On my TC4, I immediately replaced the stock kit spur gear for a 75T version from Robinson Racing in 64 pitch. Next, to allow for the gear ratio I wanted, the chassis had to be milled a little to clear the large pinion gear I planned to run. The TC4 Club Racer kit includes a two page pamphlet that shows where to grind. I used a Dremel rotary tool which worked great.

Any brushless motor should be fine and it all depends on whether you plan to race or just rip up and down a street. I used a 21.5 motor and Hobbywing Justock, to conform with my club's Sportsman class.

If you want to use a low wind brushless motor like maybe a 7.5 or similar, then I recommend the Hobbywing V3.1 speed control. A little more money but a fantastic ESC that handles the low wind motors.

The Traxxas battery connector is OK, but it is quite large. We all use Deans Ultra connectors and they can handle the power and are a bit smaller.

A non-lipo charger should be easy to locate online, maybe even here on RCTech. I still have my Integy 16x5 DC charger which works great for all my NiCad and NiMH packs and I also used a Competition Electronics Pit Bull DC charger and a Novak Millennium Pro. All were great. . I think Duratrax still sells NiCad/NiMH chargers.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by illmatic94
First of where the hell do you live. Anyways a good lipo battery will make your kit run at 100% while a nimh 50%. I recommend buying steel out drives for the diff. That seems I be the only wear part in the drive train. As for motor look for a good race esc and a 6 turn and lower motor. (5000kv to 12000) and then gear it accordingly
I live in riyadh
yea decided to get some steel outdiffa
idk about esc really freaking confused i will only be bashing in the park or perhaps race with some hpi sprint 2 flux's
Old 05-03-2015, 04:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TOM MAR
You live in... Riyadh is the capital and largest city of Saudi Arabia.?
Yep
Old 05-03-2015, 04:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
Why is Lipo not allowed in Riyadh?
Meh they think it is an explosive sorta thing
here is the restricted stuff info i found from my local custom office

Restricted Item
Airsoft guns
Lipo batteries
Guns (Fire arms)
and soo many other things like knife and blah blah blah

Also the temps here are way too high
so if a lipo is not in use it will definitely burst to death cos of the heat here
Old 05-03-2015, 04:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SteveM
On my TC4, I immediately replaced the stock kit spur gear for a 75T version from Robinson Racing in 64 pitch. Next, to allow for the gear ratio I wanted, the chassis had to be milled a little to clear the large pinion gear I planned to run. The TC4 Club Racer kit includes a two page pamphlet that shows where to grind. I used a Dremel rotary tool which worked great.

Any brushless motor should be fine and it all depends on whether you plan to race or just rip up and down a street. I used a 21.5 motor and Hobbywing Justock, to conform with my club's Sportsman class.

If you want to use a low wind brushless motor like maybe a 7.5 or similar, then I recommend the Hobbywing V3.1 speed control. A little more money but a fantastic ESC that handles the low wind motors.

The Traxxas battery connector is OK, but it is quite large. We all use Deans Ultra connectors and they can handle the power and are a bit smaller.

A non-lipo charger should be easy to locate online, maybe even here on RCTech. I still have my Integy 16x5 DC charger which works great for all my NiCad and NiMH packs and I also used a Competition Electronics Pit Bull DC charger and a Novak Millennium Pro. All were great. . I think Duratrax still sells NiCad/NiMH chargers.
That was a worth info
Thanks
I will opt in deans thanks
i wouldn't change spur as it is not available for shipping -___-
And for motor i will be bashing and racing with sprint 2 flux's
Thanks again
Old 05-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pleasehelp
That was a worth info
Thanks
I will opt in deans thanks
i wouldn't change spur as it is not available for shipping -___-
And for motor i will be bashing and racing with sprint 2 flux's
Thanks again
Man thT sucks a lipo battery makes all the difference. Well get the most effiecnt nimh you can buy
Old 05-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Let me give you the BERT analysis:
#1 : you'll need either a spool in the front or a steel diff with a lot of ofna diff lock lube in it...
#2 : you will need the Energ 4600mah nimh packs(the best nimh to date), if you can find them...
#3 : You will need at least a 4.5t motor to satisfy your speed needs. You will also be ready to race in the Mod class anywhere with that motor, should you later decide to race...
#4 : you'll need good tires like Sorex tires to stay on top...
#5 : learn as much as possible about car setup...
Old 05-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by illmatic94
Man thT sucks a lipo battery makes all the difference. Well get the most effiecnt nimh you can buy
ok thanks gonna go for 5000mah one (nimh)
Old 05-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Let me give you the BERT analysis:
#1 : you'll need either a spool in the front or a steel diff with a lot of ofna diff lock lube in it...
#2 : you will need the Energ 4600mah nimh packs(the best nimh to date), if you can find them...
#3 : You will need at least a 4.5t motor to satisfy your speed needs. You will also be ready to race in the Mod class anywhere with that motor, should you later decide to race...
#4 : you'll need good tires like Sorex tires to stay on top...
#5 : learn as much as possible about car setup...
thanks that's what i wanted
What do u mean by point one cant understand it
I am a noob in rc stuff
could u explain it?
Old 05-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What I mean in point one is that you'll need your front diff almost locked to handle high powered motors... A spool(solid axle) is the best choice...
I would also recommend to use a 48p spur gear, and never use 64p gears. The 64p gears are too fragile for bashing around...
Old 05-05-2015, 04:31 AM
Tech Rookie

could u link to one? spool

n for spur thanks!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.