Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread >

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

is it true that the stock one-way on the special is easily ruined that u have to replace it with the newer one-way being sold seperately
Old 03-04-2002, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Geppetto
BigDogRacing: If you started with a brand new kit (MR-4TC, Pro, Worlds or Special) you should already have the part. As rccarracer said, the needed part is standard with the kit.
Thanks guys, unfortunately, I bought both of my specials used and didn't get the extra stuff on the parts trees that wasn't used...

I have a racing buddy that probably has a few though. I think he has like 4 Specials...
Old 03-04-2002, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by maski
is it true that the stock one-way on the special is easily ruined that u have to replace it with the newer one-way being sold seperately
Maski, I have a tool that allows me to replace the oneway bearings in the Yokomo (and others) oneway housing. You just have to pay for the bearing(s) and $5 + shipping. It usually costs around $9 per oneway bearing and most people get both bearings replaced. It's cheaper to send them in a padded USPS envelope. Ask your racing buddies if they have any oneway housings that need fixing and send them all together. It saves on shipping. I have paypal or take USPS M.O.s. My shipping address is on my website- BigDog Graphics
Old 03-04-2002, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

bigdog> thanks for the offer but since i'm in asia, it would be cheaper to replace it with brnd new. it will only cost me aroung $40.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Some people have had no problems with the older front one-ways. They are lighter, so they would give a little better acceleration, but I don't think it is noticable. I have a HD one-way, and I think the design is much better than the older one, the shaft attached to the cups does not taper off like the old ones, so the one-way grips the whole thing. Also there are no reg. bearings on the sides, it is just one-way all through.

Speedo
Old 03-06-2002, 05:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Well, I am using the one way on carpet. I have been racing my special in stock class since first of the year. I am pleased with the durability of the car in general. I seem to like a particular wall at my track, and have hit it dozens of times. Only broke the arm 1 time, and then it bent the cvd bone slightly. I left the bent bone in there, as in stock class it did not seem to have any ill effects. I raced the car in mod also last weekend, hit that wall again and bent the bone worse. I have another car I bought from a guy at the track, so I took the bone off his car and put it on mine. I hit that darn wall again and snapped that bone in half. In all fairness, it may have been weak to begin with, as it was the bone from the same location (front left), and im sure it had hit the wall a couple of times when he drove it.

The only odd thing I have had happen to the car is I have lost kingpins on the lower front. Two have disappeared, and I did not notice it right away. I am now putting threadlock on the kingpins hoping they stay in.

Man the cvd bones are expensive! $12.95 for one bone from Stormer Hobbies. MIP also shows them as part #1340, for $8. I had my lhs try to order me one.
Old 03-07-2002, 08:02 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ras, the thing about the kingpins is the steering blocks get stripped pretty easily. You have to be very careful not to over tighten the kingpin screw when you thread them in to the block the first time. It only takes one time to strip them out and then you'll start losing kingpins.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Mo, thanks. I did not strip them, just did not tighten enough, or maybe it is because of all the right hand turns on our track. It was the left front that fell out twice. Anyway, I also found a Lundsford part # 8271 for titanium kingpins. I ordered some of those since I need them anyway.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Been a long time so I thought I would stop by and say hi to you guys here on the yokomo thread. Have not been doing a lot of racing but I really enjoy my job here in the uk now. Anyway, good luck racing!
Old 03-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

btw, here is a pic of my car...

http://www.hpi-europe.com/graphics/b...artstratus.jpg
Old 03-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Center One-Way Wear

Have any of you noticed that the gear on the center one way in the speacial wears really fast? For the past few months I've been racing mod with my yoke, but not weekly and recently noticed a lot of belt skipping. I took the car apart and when I saw the center one-way it looked really bad. Is there a solution? Or will I have to spend $40 dollars every few months to replace it?
Old 03-07-2002, 09:50 PM

Get the hardened one way pulley PN: ZM674H. It should hold up for you.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

kentech: I was just thinking about you the other day. How are things going now that you are working for HPI? How do you like the Pro 3 compared to the Special? Be honest, we won't tell anyone.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Kentech, good to read you again! I haven't been in much recently, partly because I have been unwell and have not felt like doing anything, and partly because the time I spend on rctech is spent in the Formula 1 thread in Chat Lounge. It's a good one.

Geppetto. If Kentech says he has the HPI because he works with the firm, we will understand it. He doesn't have much choice.

However if he says he prefers it to the MR4 then there must be something very wrong with Mr Hirosaka, Mr Hara, and all the other World greats. Look at it this way Hara beat the World with his MR4, including beating his No 1 Masami. Since changing to HPI he has won nothing, despite changing the car out of all recognition. Somebody reckoned there were no more than 6 original HPI parts on Hara's car. The rest were all one offs. And they still can't get it right.

Is there any truth in the fact that we could see Hara driving a Schumacher Mission at the Worlds? I wonder why? I suppose it would increase his chances.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by johnbull
Is there any truth in the fact that we could see Hara driving a Schumacher Mission at the Worlds? I wonder why? I suppose it would increase his chances.
Joe from sunny Malta.
he's only runing schumacher offroad.....

Originally posted by geppetto
How do you like the Pro 3 compared to the Special? Be honest, we won't tell anyone.
i made the same switch a few weeks ago...and i do better with the pro3

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.