Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread >

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

Yorkie

Renault in the lower ranks? I think they're going to be the suprise of the year.
Old 01-31-2002, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Moonman,

What I meant by lower ranks is I think that is where they'll be coming from for the first year at least.
What will be interesting is if they can take a few points from the big boys???

Plus Reanult are French!!!!!

Yorkie
Old 01-31-2002, 06:28 AM
Tech Initiate

speedo- i run with foams on carpet, and i have been using 80wt oil all round with 2hole pistons. I see that everyone is using softer springs in the front, but i run tamiya yellow(medium in the front, and tamiya red(soft in the rear). I think that the car handles much better like that. I think that my oil is too thick, but that is why i run soft springs right now. I also use front lower and rear sway bars. I tried this setup with rubber, and it seems ok too, but since i got this car not too long ago, i am still trying to find that perfect setup for me.

matej
Old 01-31-2002, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Just a quick one before I go down to the track.

Yorkie, glad Tit Racing have replied. i have just sent them a big order.

Yes I have been an F1 fan since. Lord knows ??? I went across to watch my first GP in Italy in 1963, sso how many years does that make it? And I have followed it closely, studied it, written about it, had TV discussions about it, ever since. It's great.

Moonman, I too am a Villeneuve fan. Hope he can get one together this year. But my bet for this season is JP Montoya. On present form he's the only guy that can give Michael a run for his money. Jacque did with the right car.

It's going to be a great season. Do you follow all the testing. I log onto formula1.com frequently to keep up with the news.

Just charged 4 packs of cells and am off to the track. The weather is cold but dry. should be great though at my age and with my eyesight the floodlighting isn't quite enough to be able to drive well. i'm about a second a lap quicker in daylight, and break it less too!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:34 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Johnbull: Greetings from "frozen Kansas" Man, I'm again struck by the fact that you have been an F1 fan longer than I've been alive!!!

I hope your wrong about this season. Even though as you know I'm a Schumie fan, I don't want to see this turn into another two man battle for the title or a runaway for anyone driver. I want to see at least three guys with a serious chance to take the title. I of course still want Schumie to win , but I want it to be close between three or four drivers. Maybe Schumie, Montoya, Ralf, and Coultard.

I hope both Raikkonen and Button have good seasons. Maybe finishing 5-7 in the drivers standing. That would be a great year for either of them.

On an RC note, were trying to revive the F1 class here at our local tracks. Should be fun with some Tamiya's and Cross cars battling.

So do you guys think Yokomo is working on anything new on the TC front? Or do you think their happy with the recent succes Tosilini had at the Novak race.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:41 AM
Regional Moderator

I was about to get some Yokomo 139G tires for this coming season. What do you recommend for inserts. I'm going to be getting Yokomo inserts with a combo deal, so what I really need to know is soft, med, or firm?

We run on asphalt here, if that helps in the decision making.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Darkseid

I'm pretty sure Yokomo is going to have something new at the worlds in may. Is it a completely new car or some updates to the SP we can only guess.

Yokomo is good at keeping secrets, many were suprised when the special was relesed.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default To make Special Full 4WD?

As the subjuct says, I want to make the TC Special full 4WD. But I have no Idea on the parts needed.
If someone can list all the parts I need along with part # for each part it would be great. Obviously I need a complete front diff and the centre shaft parts.
Thanks
Old 02-01-2002, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

rccarracer

direct drive gear adapter for the MR4TC Special
Part# ZS-630ASP

front diff
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread-zs630asp.jpg  
Old 02-01-2002, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Darkside, glad you're back talking F1.

I agree it would be nice to see lots of equality at the top, and I have a hunch we may be seeing a bit of that this season.

The Mc Laren is very quick in testing, as is the Williams, and of course Ferrari is always fast.

Interesting you mention Raikonen and Button. Raikonen has been consistantly as fast, sometimes faster than Coulthard, and Button seems alot happier at Renault this year and is running mostly quicker than Trulli. Admittedly it's early days.

And that Sauber is flying again too as is the new Jordan.

I reckon we're in for a great season!

Had a bit of fun with the Yoke yesterday evening, but ended up breaking yet another front bulkhead cap. Mind you it was a head on into a solid wall that did it!

We race Sunday, weather permitting.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-01-2002, 02:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, so I need the direct drive pully, but what about the front diff parts?
Old 02-01-2002, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

rccarracer: Here are the part numbers for the diff:

ZS-507 Diff Thrust Bearing Set
ZS-506 Diff Rings
ZD-505 3/32 Diff Balls (24)
ZD-503 33T Diff Narrow Pulley
ZS-508 Diff Adj. kit (thrust screw, spring nut 2)
ZS-501 F&R diff joints

In addition, you'll need:

- Associated silicone diff grease #6636 (diff rings)
- Associated Stealth Black Grease #6588 (thrust bearings)

Now I'll go back into TC hibernation. Winter is here, and my MR-4TC Special is gathering dust. 3 months down, 3 months to go. Winter is cruel.

Last edited by Geppetto; 02-01-2002 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Don't leave me hanging guys. What inserts do you reccomend for the 139G tires? I'm probably going to be ordering today or tomorrow, so I need a quick answer here. Soft, Medium, or Hard. I'm guessing its either Med. or Hard since the 139G tires are already sticky. A little help here.

Johnbull: You've definitely been folowing testing better than me! I knew Button was doing better, but I wasn't aware that Raikkonen was doing so well. I hadn't really seen anything about him on formula1.com, so I wasn't sure how he was doing.

Definitely good news.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

hi. I would say that it depens on the traction. But if you hadn't tried these tires on that surface before, get the medium inserts. If it is realy hot where you run and if there is alot of grip, get the hard ones.

bye
matej
Old 02-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Darkseid, you haven't thought about Sorex tires? They seem tobe the ticket, either 32's or 36's.

But if you are going with the yoks, depends on traction. You can't go wrong with firms, but you could also try mediums in the back to smooth the car out some, or mediums all round if you aren't on a high traction track. Talk to some other guys that race there

pilot, I run with rubbers, and rubber were run at the novak race too (I think). Running thick oil with light springs doesn't make sense, you would want to run heavy springs with thick oil, and light springs with thin oil. Running 80wt oil with soft springs probablywould make the car feel very, very sluggish!

Speedo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.