Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread >

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

Pilot: Send an e-mail to the yokomo distributor in england they should know.

[email protected]
Old 12-14-2001, 07:56 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone run on foam tires? I am going to start messing with a setup for them and was looking for a place to start. I've heard most people run diffs with foams too.
Old 12-14-2001, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Foam on asphalt or carpet? I run both. And I still use dual oneways. I don't know why people are saying to use the diff. Maybe it's more abuse to the oneway with foams. I've had no trouble yet. I posted my setup a couple pages back. This was for carpet, but I use the basic same setup with rubbers as well. I think it might have alot to do with driving styles. Oneway all the way for me!!
Old 12-15-2001, 01:45 AM
Tech Addict

Wink

The diff setup just suits the layout at my home track when I run foams.

Got the new Hollow polished center layshaft last night(ZS-644T). Won't have it in for tomorrows racing but I'll have a look at the car during the Xmas/ New years break and chuck it in then.
Old 12-15-2001, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Simon K. I never bithered waiting for my lightweight layshaft. Instead I made one myself and have been running it for a while.

I'm sure it must make a difference. it's certainly loads lighter, and we know all about the difference the weight of a rotating mass makes.

We race tomorrow - Sunday. I've been down to the track this afternoon and the Yoke seems OK. Certainly lots better than it was last weekend - though I can't really tell you why. I did take it to bits. I changed all 8 hub races, 3 of the 4 driveshafts, and the spur gear, and I made a serious attempt at removing slop everywhere. it seems OK now.

Got back from the track about an hour ago- 5pm. I have just been over the car, cleaning etc and rebuilding the 12 turn Corally motor, as well as a couple of other guys. Now that's it for today.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Received my copy of F1 Racing magazine in today's post so it's going to be a great evening by the fire tonight.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-15-2001, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally posted by Speedo
Nope, i don't think so. The only aluminum pulleys are on the center shaft. Why would you want to have aluminum pulleys on the diffs?
in just a few runs, i've been through 2 rear diff pulleys already because of the dirt and pebbles that get stuck in them even if i clean the diff pulleys after every run. i removed some material in the chassis and rear gearbox to make room for debris when they get inside but some still find their way into the diff pulley. i was thinking that a rear aluminum diff pulley will last longer (at the expense of more rotating mass.) anyway, thanks for the info ill just keep a couple of spares, they're fairly inexpensive in our lhs.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Wink

John Bull,
I did the big "Slop removal" a few weeks back with the shim kit Yokomo sell. I put some graphite arms on the car too and it all made quite a difference, just seems more precise to drive now.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Do you guys have any pictures of your specials?
Thanks, and i am getting the special this week, so hopefuly you guys can help me with some setups etc.

matej
Old 12-17-2001, 03:09 AM
Tech Initiate

i broke the rear bulkhead yesterday in qualifying (Ended up qualifying 2nd overall). whats the difference between the standard rear bulkhead and the graphite bulkhead, apart from a 50% price increase??
Old 12-17-2001, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

TCRboy,

The difference is that graphite is stiffer and lighter but more brittle than the stock item. Being more brittle it will aslo break more easily than the composite stock bulkhead.

Performance wise I don't think you'd notice a difference between the two parts........? None of the top team drivers seem to have the graphite bulkheads fitted.

Yorkie
Old 12-17-2001, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

Pilot,
Here's a few pics for you..
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread-image05a.jpg  
Old 12-17-2001, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

another
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread-image04a.jpg  
Old 12-17-2001, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

yet another..
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread-image07a.jpg  
Old 12-17-2001, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

That should be about it.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread-image06a.jpg  
Old 12-17-2001, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Newbie Question ????

Hi Masters

I have this yoke world's ... Unfortunately, I'm getting tired of changing every race my ZS-008FW Arms w/c I think is made of a very low grade material. I really don't know why this arm is so brittle. I would like to try other arms but my problem is that only the ZS-008FW has the extra inner hole which can holed-up my front sway bars. I tried removing my front sway bar but the driving becomes different. It is so sensitive. I'm used with my front sway bar installed.
Can u help me use or recommend other techniques. Ever since I race my yoke for two months I have broke 6 sets of front arms already ....

Getting frustrated ...

Tnx for your help masters ....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.