R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-25-2001, 01:36 PM   #871
Regional Moderator

ZS-300FTC : Front Bulkhead Cap $4.95
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 02:12 PM   #872
Tech Elite

Thanks Stefan !!! Will that belt hold in mod class? Getting rid of your Yok!!??? Ahhh come on man, why? I'll ask around. How much you want for it? And how come you didn't offer to shave my tires!?? Hahaha, just kidding. Do you race anywhere else on carpet besides Racecity? Talk to you later...

Jimmy Mac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 04:49 PM   #873
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Type S

is the sp conversion for the mr4tc really needed? can you still win with the pro version?
what exactlly is included in the canversion?
Type S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 07:37 PM   #874

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Type S- no, it is npt really needed, and you can easily win with the pro, but I think the special is an improvement over the pro and worlds. It comes with a new graphite narrow chassis, graphite upper deck, new blue aluminum motor mount, center one-way and mounting hardware, and a blue aluminum battery strap. If you want to run the included center one-way, you will need the 15 tooth pulley for it. If you want to run direct drive, you will need the SP fixed gear adapter.

Speedo
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 07:05 PM   #875
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorkie
Thanks for the replies,
Do you recommend making any mods to the upper deck to increase flex and would this have a noticable difference in traction?

I also remember someone (think it was on Kentech's site) mounting the rear camber links to the bulkhead to increase rear traction. What size cap head screw do you need?

There are two or three SP's at our club and they all run really well with the basic set up but softer springs. I've heard of a few mods to increase traction on the PRO but just wondering if they apply to the SP?

Thanks

Yorkie
Try Blue shock springs all round.

1 or 2 degree rear toe in blocks(I don't know what the SP comes with)

Use the front anti roll bar and disconnect the rear.

To mount the rear upper arm to the bulkhead, I use the long ballstud that came with the YR4 anti roll bar set and Losi ballends. I knew it would be worth keeping the B.studs..

I have cut out the 3rd, 4th, 5th ribs from the top deck(From the front)I have left the last one to mount a torque rod.
The chassis can twist freely and this increases traction a bit. Would probably be a shocker on carpet though.
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 07:14 PM   #876
Tech Addict

Wink

Here's a pic, might help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image05a.jpg (58.3 KB, 161 views)
Old 11-27-2001, 05:54 AM   #877
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Simon K: Who makes that heat sink in that photo? If you know the part number that would be nice too. Thanks!
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 05:32 PM   #878
Tech Elite

Simon, just a quick question. I see that you mounted your rear camber link to the bulk head. But you mounted it to the front of the rear hub. Just wondering why you did this? I have mine mounted to the bulk head as well. But it's still connected to the rear of the hubs like Barry Bakers. Any noticalbe difference mounting in front of the hub instead of rear? Just curious.

Jimmy Mac
Old 11-27-2001, 08:12 PM   #879
Tech Addict

Geppetto,
Heatsink is an 8 fin, made by "Eagle Racing", I can't find a part number for it as yet. I'll have a look and see if Integy do a similar item. They do have a couple of clip on heatsinks here

KilRuf,
The rear hubs are set in the SWB position(New rear arms), having the upper link on the front just seems to line up.
I was running the hubs LWB previously and the front mount definately lined up better.
If you run the original rear arms, the back of the hub would be fine as the hub will be further forward.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:58 PM   #880
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default New MR-4TC Tuning Parts

Hello MR-4TC Owners,

We got a couple of new parts for the MR-4TC in stock. First is ZS-630ASP, the center pulley (Direct drive version). This unit will eliminate the center one-way. Second is the MR-4TC Pink tuning springs (ZS-14575)

Both items are now available on our website.

Also, we did a huge update on our electric section with new motors, batteries, and brushes available.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Last edited by SpeedTech; 11-28-2001 at 11:06 AM.
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 05:28 AM   #881
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Simon K. Thanks.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 06:44 PM   #882
Tech Elite

Simon, I run the Yok Special. And the camber links are just fine mounted in the rear. Just curious because if you mount them in the front, they shorten the camber link. Mounted rear, they are longer. I don't know if this will have any effect to handling being that they are still mounted to the same approx location. I don't know, just a thought.

Jimmy Mac
Old 11-28-2001, 07:09 PM   #883
Tech Addict

Wink

I wonder if they have any effect, other than a psychological one, wherever they are mounted?(Tower or Bulkhead)
Never did any back to back testing so I could not say conclusively, that there is a difference between mounting the arm on the Bulkhead rather than on the shock tower.
If there is a difference between mounting the upper link on the front or rear of the hub?-again, I didn't do a back to back Test.

The main reason I did it, was because I saw the factory guys try it. I had the parts around to do it easily and quickly.
I'm terrible like that. I'll try anything that is done by a factory driver as soon as I see details.
I'll order anything new that is(Interestign/unique) released on the JP Yokomo site as soon as I see it.
I think it's called "Impulse buying"
Old 11-29-2001, 01:25 AM   #884
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey, just posted Masami's setup from the Japan nats on my site.

SimonK: Masami used some new inserts, wheels and a new body so I guess you will be shopping soon! Mounting the link on the bulkhead really makes quite a noticeable change. DOn't ask me why! Front or rear of the hub I think slightly change the way the suspension flexes...would not think there's any other difference.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:13 AM   #885
Tech Addict

Wink

Kentech,
I ordered the hollow center shaft the moment I saw it, Bodies and inserts aren't quite so important

You wouldn't happen to know any other places that would have pics of Masami's car from the Japanese On RoadNats, other than RC Zone or the site where some of the other pics came from, would you?

On a different Tangent, who won the Japanese Off road Nats too?