R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-12-2001, 08:08 PM   #781
Regional Moderator

New stuff from Yokomo : (What is this?? )

Last edited by daniz24; 11-12-2001 at 08:13 PM.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 08:17 PM   #782
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
New stuff from Yokomo : (What is this?? )
6mm front oneway !! the old one has only 4mm one way bearing in it.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 08:26 PM   #783
Regional Moderator

thanks Manticore
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 09:57 PM   #784

Manticore, do you run a yoke? If so, you should post on here more often!

I imagine the new bearings are to reduce wear and breakage on them? Would that be correct?
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 10:04 PM   #785

Translated it, and looks like the wider bearings are for increased durability, and it also might have hardened out-drvies.

Also (finally) have 3 and 7 degree castor blocks available!

Old 11-13-2001, 03:57 AM   #786
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Updated my site with the new parts, a new carpet setup and the racenews with the All Japan win. Will have Masami's setup up in a few days.

First time on carpet with the Sp on Saturday...got it working really well but it was under 10 packs of testing so I'm sure there's lots more to find. The setup is on the site...
Old 11-13-2001, 06:28 AM   #787
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

KENTECH, I hear you did pretty well in the Finnish championship recently. A friend told me he saw it somewhere. I'll check it out. Well done anyway. I want to have a look at your site too, for I haven't been in for a while.

NEW ONE WAY. Glad to see Yoke admit their mistakes. I have a stack of the old 4mm customer front one ways which failed prematurely. I ended up making one myself with 6mm bearings and that never gave any trouble.

Since the advent of the Pro, anotrher old problem has arrisen - that of stones in the rear diff. In case any of you have any such problems the solution is simple. Dremel an oval hole about 2cm long by 1cm wide on the chassis, just below the rear diff. Whatever stones do get in, soon find their way out. In the last week I've done it on my own and also on some 3 or 4 customer cars too.

Great to see Yokes still winning all over the World.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 06:33 AM   #788
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedo
Manticore, do you run a yoke? If so, you should post on here more often!

I imagine the new bearings are to reduce wear and breakage on them? Would that be correct?
hey speedo, I am Moon here

The new front oneway diff has dual 10x6mm one-way bearings in it. and they are supposed to be much durable then the 4mm front one-way. I used to run a MR4TC and I used TECH 6mm front one-way already at that time. the stock 4mm broke very soon.
Old 11-13-2001, 06:34 AM   #789
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedo
Translated it, and looks like the wider bearings are for increased durability, and it also might have hardened out-drvies.

Also (finally) have 3 and 7 degree castor blocks available!

i fact, the team drivers have been running those caster blocks a few months ago. And I am so shock that they only launch this thing now.
Old 11-13-2001, 06:56 AM   #790
Tech Master

Hi Kentech.

Just had a look through your site. Well done.

We have the same likes. I think Montoya is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Villeneuve is one of my hot favorites too. On the bike side I prefer Rossi to Biaggi - perhaps because he comes over as more natural.

I like Yokes!!!! And I like Finland and most things Finn. Jan Sibelius, Jarno Saarinen, Keke Rorberg, Mika Haakinen, all the rallying flying Finns. The list is never ending. I'll visit one day!

I've been putting lots of hours into my real race car recently and have totally revised the springing and damping, using what I have learnt from RC. But it's RC this weekend again.

Must quite because I have a host of customer stock motors to service this afternoon.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:05 AM   #791
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MIKA
Need some helps for setting up my Yok-SP for a hot day race in a rough and bumpy carpark with alots of dust and fine rocks.
I'm thinking of using #1 piston with #40 shock oil with yellow (may be blue) spring for F/R. What do you guys think? What about the links and shock position?

Mo: Can you help?
MIKA: The experience I've had with that little damping has made the car very unpredictable. I would stick with Yok #3 pistons with 40 wt, with yellow springs or maybe green springs in front. Also lengthen your shock a bit. Probably around 60.5 - 61mm and run the upper shock mounting positions in the middle holes. You might also want to try going to a thicker oil in front, like 50.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-13-2001, 12:47 PM   #792
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

johnbull: Well the finnish champs were at my home track so i had to do better than usual! I qualified 6th and finished 8th. I was happy with my qual. position as I was the best privateer...but I was a bit unlucky in the finals when I had a mechanical problem in one and a car crashed in front of me and broke my car in another final. The race was in august so long time ago already.

About the oneway...here's the story: We have had quite a few break here so I asked Masami if they had any problems with them breaking over there. He told me they had no problems but he had heard about the same problems from England. He asked us to send some broken ones and we did. This was 4-6 weeks ago and now the new ones are out...great job by Yokomo I would say!

Yeah Montoya and Villeneuve are the only ones in F1 I think Schuey are afraid of fighting for the World Championship with. I read in Autosport that Schuey has not passed JV since that incident at Jerez in '97. Of course he has lapped him but not passed in a racing situation....and there has been a few. Rossi seems more natural than Max and I like Valentino but Max has been my favourite since when I started watching motogp. That was when he was running Aprilia in 250 and was untouchable...93-94 maybe. Max is very complex...kind of like JV...and I like that. If you ever come here remember to tell me!
Old 11-13-2001, 05:37 PM   #793
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by kentech
johnbull: Well the finnish champs were at my home track so i had to do better than usual! I qualified 6th and finished 8th. I was happy with my qual. position as I was the best privateer...but I was a bit unlucky in the finals when I had a mechanical problem in one and a car crashed in front of me and broke my car in another final. The race was in august so long time ago already.

About the oneway...here's the story: We have had quite a few break here so I asked Masami if they had any problems with them breaking over there. He told me they had no problems but he had heard about the same problems from England. He asked us to send some broken ones and we did. This was 4-6 weeks ago and now the new ones are out...great job by Yokomo I would say!

Yeah Montoya and Villeneuve are the only ones in F1 I think Schuey are afraid of fighting for the World Championship with. I read in Autosport that Schuey has not passed JV since that incident at Jerez in '97. Of course he has lapped him but not passed in a racing situation....and there has been a few. Rossi seems more natural than Max and I like Valentino but Max has been my favourite since when I started watching motogp. That was when he was running Aprilia in 250 and was untouchable...93-94 maybe. Max is very complex...kind of like JV...and I like that. If you ever come here remember to tell me!
the reason why masami has had no problem with the 4mm front oneway is that he uses new car and all new parts for every race.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:29 PM   #794

Manticore-what car do you run now? Yeah, I agree, they should have had these things out a long time ago! I wanted them for the pro too

Anyway, about the blocks, yokomo claims that the 3 degree blocks make the car more agressive, while the 7 degree ones do the opposite. I have heard differently, but this makes sense. Less castor means the front of the car doesn't raise as much when the wheels are turned; the more castor the more the front is rasied during cornering. Of course the shocks compress, so the the chassis still lowers, but not as much as with less castor. less castor means the front can lower more, transfering more weight onto the front tires, and therefore making the car more aggressive. Any thoughts?

kentech- congratulations on the win, even though it was a while ago. We are having our Northwest carpet champs here the first weekend of December, and I am looking forward to that. What kind of layout and surface is your carpet track? I am interested, because I am playing around with setups, and trying a few things. I notice that your shocks are very short, and the same length all round. What do you think about running it this way? Also, what do you find different about the worlds and special swayabrs.

Anyone who runs carpet, could you please shar a bit about your setup? I am interested, to see what other ppl are running. I started the special out with 40 and 3's, and am pleased to see that is what most people run, so I must have gotten that right. Other than that, what have you done to your car?

Speedo
Old 11-14-2001, 01:27 AM   #795
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Kentech, glad to see other people in other lands have suffered with the original front one ways. I don't mean this unkindly, but it's some sort of consolation that it's not just us.

I suppose Mantricore has a good point about works drivers not experiencing certain problems, since their equipment is all "lifed" by the manufacturers. For example I know that most works supported LRP runners replace their speedos with monotonous regularity, for fears of breakdowns. I'm sure this happens with plenty of other companies.

I have always adopted this system, even in real car racing - the engine gets rebuilt with quite a few new parts after very few hours work, as do lots of other parts, such as brake pipes and rubbers, electronic equipment, etc.

I agree with your comments on Montoya and Villeneuve being well among the best. What a shame Jacques isn't in a competitive car - we would certainly see some three way battles and plenty of sparks!

I wonder if Yokomo would take my stock of old one ways back, and replace them with the newer one?

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.