R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2001, 05:12 AM   #736
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

KillRuf,

if NC means North Carolina, then you might b e lucky.
They just opened a brand new carpet indoor track in Mooresville, 15 miles north of Charlotte.
Oval on Tuesday and Saturday, TC and 1/12th on Friday nights.

There is a thread on the Trinity site.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 05:57 AM   #737
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Kentech- He wants to do more on road but his off road schedule is still priority. He is running the snowbird race that coming up shortly. He was suppose to run the first carpet race out this way but since it was pushed back two weeks he can't make it (I think)
Old 11-06-2001, 07:48 AM   #738
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

STLNLST: So then it's up to you to be the fastest Losi at the first carpet race!
Old 11-06-2001, 10:54 AM   #739
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but who is STNLST?
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 03:59 PM   #740
Tech Elite

Thanks Stefan, I read it on Trinity. Only problem is I can't make it on Fridays!!! I'm TC Yok on Trinity by the way (can't remember my damn password for kilruf on there). I might try and make it during the holidays if they race on those Fridays. If not, oh well. I'm screwed. I'll just have to settle with off-road (in-door) trucks in town here. Sucks, but what can I do? I could head to VA and catch a couple indoor. Hmmmmmm what to dooo......

Jimmy
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 04:29 PM   #741
Tech Champion

Kentech- It was my goal to do that even with Matt there To me there were only two times to beat Matt.....1) the first time he ever drove a sedan. 2) his first carpet race. Although the nats was his first big/small race he has practiced with a touring car before. He helped me set up my streetweapon when I first switched from off road to onroad. I may race this weekend at Speedworld to beat up on a certain Yokomo....LMAO

BigDogRacing- STLNLST is this guy in Sacramento that makes everyone laugh and have a good time....not to mention a kick a$$ announcer to boot. I am a friend of Dennis Racine. He and I knock around motor tuning secrets and BS in the pits whenever possible. If I should happen to be at a race that you are at.....just follow the laughter. I'm sure to be the guy hammin' (is that a word) it up.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:53 PM   #742
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

STLNLST is a big gimp with a bum knee who thinks he is a baller. LOL... Beat a certain Yokomo huh? Are you planning on running stock so you can maybe beat Mike Rae? LOL
Old 11-06-2001, 05:01 PM   #743

Hey mo, isn't you first carpet race this weekend? If you get a good setup, please post it! What do you think of the new sorex inserts as opposed to the echo or HPI? And last, will lowering the front camber link, or bringing it out make the car more responsive?

Josh
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 05:12 PM   #744
Tech Champion

Mo- I knew that I would get a good response out of you....LOL BTW....I have the best knee money can buy! ARe we running mod or stock this weekend? Just let me know what you want to get served with You down for some Tiger Woods friday night?
Old 11-06-2001, 05:26 PM   #745
mo
Tech Master

Speedo, carpet is not untill next weekend actually. I will definately put up a setup within a day or two after though.
The Sorex inserts have been pretty good. The firm inserts work well in medium to hot weather and the mediums work well in the cooler weather. For extemely hot temps (160 and up) I prefer the HPI Blue with 7mm cut out of the circumfrence.

Still In Last: We will have to wait until Saturday to see who shows up. Then I'll let you know what class I'll lap you in...LOL
I hope you've gotten in some Tiger Woods practice this week. You need it.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:43 PM   #746
Tech Adept

hi guys, just a few question here!

i have a yoke mr4-tc r and i'm thinking of converting it to sp? will the convertion kit carry all the necessary parts for it to make special? and can i still run ball diff in front and rear? i know there's no swaybars included in the kit so i'm choosing buying the new sp kit or just the convertion kit

also, has anyone tried the new tires of orion?
maski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 06:57 PM   #747
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

STLNLST- I'm pretty tight with Dennis myself.... I paint bodies for him. Hehe. Sometimes he helps me with some motor tuning tips cause I don't have a dyno yet. So far the MVP with the trinity (you know which ones... ) brushes works the best. I placed 2nd in stock sedan last Sunday and there were some guys running MVPs that were faster than me at the beginning of the heats, but by the end, they were hurting...LMAO. I guess nobody has told them how to gear the MVP. Actually, I HAVE told them, but they just won't listen. Anyway, I want to come to Cali and meet Dennis and Billy and all you guys in person next year, but it's so darn expensive for a trip to Cali.

Quick question for you guys- assuming everything is the same other than the pistons, what effect would replacing the Yok #2 shock piston for an AE #2 piston have? I know it's a tighter fit, but I haven't measured the holes. I've seen where people put the AE pistons in instead of the Yoks- do any of you guys preffer them? Thanks
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 09:20 PM   #748
Tech Champion

Mo- I still keep hitting the ball to the right sometimes. It looks like rain this weekend so I may just practice the game since we won't be racing I should be ready by the weekend.....hopefully.

BigDogRacing- Come on up. I just hope that you have a strap around your radio when you race.......my jokes have been known to make people laugh so hard they drop their radio's.....and I'm not LOL Seriously, if you're coming up next year try to come up for the 3rd annual Speedworld cup. You'll have a blast.
Old 11-06-2001, 10:17 PM   #749
mo
Tech Master

maski: if you want to run diffs with the special conv. you will also need to get the "special" direct drive center gear. The conv comes with the center oneway gear but not the 15t center gear or a front oneway.

Bigdog: Generally the associated piston make the car react faster than the yok pistons but make the car a little harder to drive because of it. We usually run them on fast, high bite tracks.

stlnlst: It does look like a good chance for rain this weekend. Probably won't be racing.... FOUR!!!!

P.S. there is usually a lot of laughing when stlnlst is on the track too....LOL
Old 11-07-2001, 01:13 AM   #750
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Happy birthday Kentech.

Great to see Masami and Yoke still on top.

You know Hara has beaten Masami twice in succession before moving to HPI, making him the undisputed World No 1.

Yet since he has been with HPI he has never managed to beat Masami San, despite the HPI cars being nothing like the car sold to the public.

Clearly Yoke still rules! And yet here in Malta we have guys swapping their Yoke Specials for the production Pro 3.

Kentech, I'm afraid I disagree that HPI have only started taking Touring cars seriously since the Pro 3. At the World Championships in 1998 they entered not one works team like the other manufacturers, but two, in their efforts to win. If I remember rightly, despite their efforts they didn't even manage to get a car in the top ten. Sorry to disagree on your birthday, of all days!

Had a good day's racing Sunday - the Yoke was really dialled and i made some fairly fast laps. Pity I just can't keep my concentration for 5 minutes. Results 4th overall - twice.

Interestingly the Corally motors and cells on my car, Josh's car and another car I support, driven by a young lad called Julian, were easily fastest in straight line speed and acceleration, yet all three of us ran 12 turn motors whilst other guys were running 10s and 11s.

We race again in a couple of weeks.

Received the first new Losi yesterday. Hope to build it up this week.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote