R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-17-2001, 08:07 AM   #571

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Yeah HPI's idea didn't work so well! I think the Pro 3 has too much chassis flex, whereas with the special, it is just about right. BUT, look at the XXX-S. Even with the stock chassis it is extremely rigid, but still looks very easy to drive...Go firgure

As for a new car from yokomo, all I know is that yokomo USA is doing a new website, hence the cause of the lack of updates lately. Maybe they will let us in on something then...

Until then, looking forward to racing the special again this weekend. johnbull- do you know anything about roll centers on the MR-4?

Josh
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 09:47 AM   #572
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Droopy chassis

What is the difference between the terms, "Droop", and "ride highth"? I thought they were the same thing, the distance between the chassis and surface.
My friend's TC3 has droop screws on his a-arms, but he tells me it has nothing to do with ride highth. I dont see what he is talking about since tightening, or loosening the set screws raises or lowers the chassis.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 10:35 AM   #573
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Caddzilla Send a message via AIM to Caddzilla Send a message via Yahoo to Caddzilla

Hobbipro, you are right, the droop screws are one way to set the ride height on the car. You can also change it by the springs and spacers that you use on the shocks.
Caddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 12:05 PM   #574
Regional Moderator

new yokomo???.... where can i find info on this??
thanks
mr4-malta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 02:52 PM   #575
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody have a good starting setup for a MR4 Special, with foams, on ozite? I can only find Jaco Purples and Pinks right now, in 28mm. Not sure about the other brands... Also, if it's much different, a foam setup with same tires on ozite, for a MR4 Worlds. I'm running the OktoberFast US Triple Crown race this weekend in Minnesota, both Stock foam and Stock rubber. I own a Special, but I'm borrowing a friend's Worlds. I tried the foams on my SP, and had MAJOR traction roll problems. I was using GT4 springs, Green front, Yellow rear. I was told to try TC3 springs, Yellow and Purple, and I still had problems. I'm not sure what to adjust with roll centers, so that's why I'm asking.

I want to try the foams on my friend's car too, because I've got a rubber tire setup for my SP that I'm pretty comfortable with. It needs some fine tuning still, but it'd be easier to work on 1 new setup, instead of 2.

Thanks for any help!
JeffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 03:12 PM   #576
Tech Adept

hobbypro,
Ride height and droop are two independant adjustments. Follow this link and read away. http://gallery.uunet.be/heremanss/
racerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 04:38 PM   #577

Cool

Yeah, droop and hide height are different. Ride hight is exactly what is sounds like, and droop is different. Droop is how far the shock can extend.

Jeff-Try using the upper hole for the arm in the bulkhead, this will raise the roll center.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:57 PM   #578

New pink spring coming out, between green and yellow...

Old 10-17-2001, 08:01 PM   #579

And this...

* R cMr -4 tubular center shaft for series The MR -4 the chrome molybdenum make for the series, it is sale of the tubular (air) center shaft. In comparison with the kit standard item, weight reduction, durability the UP!

Old 10-17-2001, 09:33 PM   #580
Tech Addict

Wink

I've been waiting for a hollow center shaft thingy for ages, typical that my fixed drive SP adapter/transponder mount has just left Japan(last week) and now this is out. Good that the "Durability is UP"-Go Babelfish!

DA4head,
I run a torque rod. Basically I tighten all the screws on the top deck so that they just snug down-not too tight. I have all the screws on it as per standard car.

Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 02:23 PM   #581
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys. Quick question, what is the easiest way to lower the ride height on the MR4? I was working on the car this afternoon, and it's sitting too high. I have the shock collars as high as they will go, the shock is mounted in the #1 hole on the rear tower and the outer hole on the lower arm. The front of the car sits fine, only the rear i have probs with. Also, what effect would changing the mounting position of the hinge pins have on the handling of the car? thanx
TC3Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 04:48 PM   #582
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You should be running the lower mounting holes in both the rear bulkhead and rear hub carriers. If you already have it mounted like this, you probably have the long shock ends on the rear shocks. You should be running the short ends all the way around.
mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 06:47 PM   #583

yeah, balefish is rocks

The stock center shaft is rather heavy, don't you think...Might get this hollow one when the center one-way wears out and I have to buy the hardened one.

You prolly have the long shock ends on the rear.
Old 10-18-2001, 07:39 PM   #584
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I tried Masoumi's set up today on my SP, Car hooks up very, very well, Its like a whole different car. Its very precise, and predictable. The only adjustments I will need to make is to unscrew the ball end of the shocks 1-2 turns to get more ground clearance due to the dirty asphault I drive on, Masoumi's ride highth of 4.5mm is a tad to low for me.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 07:54 PM   #585

Do you mean masami?