Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread >

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default Trips:

The information about Barry, which I stated earlier comes from a Yokomo team driver that knows what went down.
He was close to make the same decision than Baker.

It was certainly NOT about money, or at most indirectly.
To make a living in this "sport" people like Barry depend on their winning resume.
If your sponsor does not allow you to run the car you can win with and your starting to loose like Barry did, then your market value goes down the drain.

Look at Josh Cyrul.

From a couple of personal conversation that I had with Barry recently, I know that they have been arguing about this with Yokomo ever since the special came out, w/o any positive results.
Now that Barry left, it seems that somebody started listening to the drivers.
Old 09-27-2001, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Interesting topic this business of MR4 type comparisons.

I gave you my two pence worth and......guess what.....Darkside and I actually agree!!!

I've been spending most of my time recently playing with son Josh's TC3 as he has decided to race the championship again this year, so I haven't really done much with my Yoke.

I received the Yoke 139G tyres today and have put them onto a set of rims to try out this evening. Will let you all know my reaction to them.

Our championship starts this Sunday and I have been up to my eyeballs doing peoples' cars, batteries, motors - you name it. I need to find some time to go over the Yoke.

Darkside - it would be nice to see Rubens get a win on Sunday, but you know my bet is Montoya again. We'll wait and see.

Must get on.

Reghards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 09-27-2001, 09:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Johnbull: yeah many people are giving Williams the advantage because of the high speeds at INDY. I don't know, there are a whole lot of slow sections too, and we know how the Williams handles in the slow stuff.
Old 09-27-2001, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Darkside. It should certainly be interesting. Of course if last year is anything to go by, it is best to set up for speed, and keep everyone behind you in the infield, for after all the only real overtaking place is the oval. What do you say?

Of course with Williams there are so many other factors - like making sure the car is off the jacks, or that your pit stops don't go into the guiniess book of records for duration. Well we only have a few days before we know.

I got down to the track this evening. Josh was awesome, getting well under 13 second laps regularly and doing a good 23 lapper. we were trying the Yoke 139G tyres. They certainly seem to work.

I did one run with the Yoke. It was OK but I'm going to give it a good going over now in readiness for Sunday.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 09-27-2001, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Me again.

Can anybody help with Yokomo belted tyre numbers. What is the difference between the 138G and the 139G tyre. I also understand there is a 138 soft, medium or firm, and the same applies with the 139G.

The tyres I have tried are ZR-139G2. What exactly are they. I have heard so many different versions of Yokomo's tyre codes. Can anyone please give me a definative answer.

thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 09-27-2001, 02:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Johnbull: Man, for someone who is a fan of the Williams team drivers, your sure tough on the team! Are you ever going to forget that jack incident?

Your right though. The first question anyone should ask is, will either of their drivers finish.
Old 09-27-2001, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

ahhh...Just got back from cross coutry, and my leg hurts

johnull- can't your son work on his own car? As for the tires, the 138G's come in GS G and GF I think. The 139's I have seen are 139G and 139GS, perhaps G2 is the hardest? I have some 139G's coming soon.

It's raining today, and our off-road championship is in two days, so I hope it clears up!
Old 09-27-2001, 07:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey...i heard that theres a new TC or a "car" coming out from yokomo...anyone got the details?
Old 09-27-2001, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

Something I found with the MR4 TC then the PRO, was that on very low traction concrete surfaces, they were superb.

One example was indoors on painted concrete which had become a bit wet(Rain blowing in doors) and was very cold too. 4 wins from 4 starts in the A final. Many cars were sliding off and generally not working, but the TC was very docile under those conditions.

The second was a short indoor series here which ran in a car parking building. Polished concrete and low temperatures again.

I think that any time there is low grip and everyone is in the same boat(so to speak) the MR4 will do well. It's ability to be calm and docile one minute and carving up corners the next, is extremely valuable.
The only other cars I have driven recently have been NEO gas cars(OK-ish) and a Schumacher Axis. It was impressive to say the least but I'm not sold on the materials used.

Last edited by Simon K; 09-28-2001 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-27-2001, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Yokomo has the new 4WD off-road buggy chassis...Maybe they'll make that available for the MR-4. My guess is that they will have it available as a tuning option, not as the new "thing"...Because I DO NOT want to have to put my batteries in saddle config And I like molded chassis'
Old 09-27-2001, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone here know where i can grab a hold of the manual for the mr4tc? i've looking for it for a while now and can't find anything on the net. pdf or jpeg? thanks!
Old 09-28-2001, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Speedo. You commented twice about me working on Josh's cars. You are quite right of course. He is 18, and yes he can do his own, but i'm the sort of pain that wants to do it all myself, in the knowledge that I will do all the work slowly but very thoroughly. That's why our cars have such a good reliability record, perhaps!

Nor seriously, I really enjoy working on them, and then getting the satisfaction of seeing him drive the wheels off them. Actually I look after quite a few peoples' cars. Just this afternoon I have some 6 or 7 stock motors to rebuild for customers, cells to make up, and God knows what else. I enjoy it and that's the main thing.

I started out with the hobby shop about 6 years ago, and have finally found something which is a money earner and which I enjoy. there aren't many people that have a job they enjoy. My real business is tyre import and wholesale, and believe me that is a boring and thankless job, so when i do the cars I think how lucky I am to be doing this in my old age.

Darkside, my favorite team is actually the Jordan team - it has been for years. I always go for the underdog. But my favorite drivers are Montoya, Villeneuve and Irvine.

egards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 09-28-2001, 07:35 AM
Regional Moderator

sider..i dont think you could get hold of on off the net....

if you want...i could scan a copy to you...
Old 09-28-2001, 07:38 AM
Regional Moderator

speedo...hahah...i have the same feeling...i love molded chassis!!

dunno y...but i had a graphite plate chassis before and dont like the car that much! ...im using that cars graphite plates as something else!! like....a stronger battery strap for my mr4tc, and some other mod parts! but its a real pain to cut the plate, i have to use a hand saw to cut it...i which i didnt break the cut off wheels on my dremel tool....i cant get them anywere now!!
sigh!!
Old 09-28-2001, 07:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Johnbull: man now I see why you don't have much time to run your own cars! Your a busy, busy man. Don't forget to take at least a little time to drive! Are you still running the dual turnbuckle style upper deck mod on your Yokomo?

Well if your not a Williams fan, man I now know who is. espn.go.com!!! I happened by there yesterday and I'll be d***ed if the pages weren't filled with Williams and Montoya stuff, nearly top to bottom. I'm left to wonder if they are sponsered by BMW or something. And I guess they figure that Montoya is the closest thing the US has to a hometown racer in F1 since he won Indy last year or whatever. I remember that Villeneuve used to be covered the same way. In all of the 5-6 articles they did about Williams and Montoya, they failed to mention that BOTH the championships are already over, their racing for second place and that his teammate still has two more wins than him. They also felt that Ralf was some how evil because he and Montoya don't get along? When did Montoya become the freakin' golden child??? But what they did metion was the all-mighty pass from the third race of the year. I still say your small fries when your claim to fame is making one pass in a race you didn't even win. I still think Mika's pass last year, where he and Schumacher split another car going into the corner, was much more exciting and took more skill.

I love an underdog too, but man, when you have everyone cheering for you and proclaiming you the next great driver, your not exactly an underdog anymore. I prefer to cheer for someone like Raikkonen who doesn't have the motor behind him to do what Montoya has done this year. But we'll see what he can do next year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.