R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-18-2005, 09:40 AM   #2791
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries326
Pops, that would be great if you could hook me up with a MR4TC Special carpet setup! The Team CRC Speedway in Rome, NY is carpet. If you have a setup with rubber, that would be even better. I bought a bunch of Yokomo rubber tires on close out. I have a set of soft, mediums and hard but I have no clue what kind of inserts to use with them. All I know is that the softer the insert, the more the gap. The more the gap, the better for tracks with alot of tight turns. What kind of rims should I use with them? I know I should be using aero dish wheels but what brand? Thanks!
This site would help you with tires etc as well as a begining on set-ups. http://www.schumacher.clara.net/index.htm
I will see if I have any set-ups still around for the MR4-TC and then I can e-mail them to you. PM me your reg e-mail address so I can send it. Best advice for tires, run what the fast guys are running. If those Yokomo tires don't have belts in them, they won't be too good for carpet. The sound like they me be sprints?
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:03 PM   #2792
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

These Yokomos are belted tires. I got them for less that $10 a set. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I'll PM ya with my email address. As soon as the weather gets too bad to drift my TC3 outside, its time to go to Team CRC's track and try out some grip racing! Yes!!! I can't wait!!!
Aries326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:52 PM   #2793
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any1 know the size of the turnbuckle ball cups on this car? And also the size of hole in the plastic peice that holds the ball ends for the front/rear sway bars?
aN4rK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #2794
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Bikerbob Send a message via MSN to Bikerbob Send a message via Yahoo to Bikerbob
Talking It's ALIVE!!

Bet you never thought you would see this thread again!! lol

Well I am running this car on carpet with foams... Very quiet.. very fast, but I am having trouble getting the suspension right.

If you have any suggestions for this setup - please let me know.. PM, email, post.. whatever.

If you still run this car, would love to hear from ya.

Have any parts lying around you want to find a good home for? let me know.

James
Bikerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #2795
Tech Adept

Here is mine I ran one stock and one 19t on carpet/w foams for a little while. The right compound foam tires, correct rollout for the track and stiff springs up front. you might also want to change the front and rear hinge pin location to adjust your droop, since there are no screws.

Sorry, I recently sold this car and a bunch of parts.
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #2796
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Bikerbob Send a message via MSN to Bikerbob Send a message via Yahoo to Bikerbob

Wow.. looks a lot like mine.. though I have the Sp chassis setup. with a Comp2 esc and KO radio 297 receiver.. i have just enough room.

I ordered and just got in the GT-4 spring set from Yokomo... this will give me super stiff springs.

Knowing my rollout for gearing of the pinion? Man.. i am going to have to look up how to calc that.. I cant remember.. What is the internal ratio on this car?

I did move the front inside hinge pins to the top and also moved the hub carriers to the bottom.. and that part has been good.

I am still loose in the rear. I am running purple Jaco on my track... the REAL fast guys are running double pink I think.. one compound softer.. but I need my tires to last .. cant afford a new set each race day.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:51 AM   #2797
Tech Adept

Do you use any traction compound (its a must)!
If no get some and it should greatly increase your rear traction.

The internal ratio is 2.2 for the MR4-TC Pro/SP

www.gearchart.com will help with your rollout
Old 02-11-2007, 07:32 AM   #2798
Tech Regular

The two traction compounds that are popular here are the Niftech and Jack the Gripper. Personally I think Niftech works better.

I think what I need to do is use less compound on the front and full on the rear.

I have 50wt in the front and 40wt in the rear. I run it about 6mil ride height at the front and 5mil at the rear.. was told a smige more in the front helps with transfer from back to front and takes a little steering out in the corner.

I am running the stock 87 gear with a 27t pinion at the moment on a 19t dynasty handout. I am not worried about the speed at the moment.. its more than enough to turn laps in the hi-c main.. low b main range... we have about 24+ 19t drivers on a club race day. My problem is staying smooth at the moment.. the car is squirly.

The car is running with a centre one-way.. not front. Wonder if I should go back to the direct drive adapter and see if the added braking will help me control the car better.

One major problem with still running this car is new batteries.. 3800 and 4200s dont fit well in the slots... OH well.. I have lots of good 3300s

I think there are some sites to calculate rollout.. so I will try and figure out just how far out I am on the pinion.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #2799
Tech Adept

yeah here is the site again www.gearchart.com

Im not sure if you should run a different ride height in the front. I always learned that they should be the same.

Diffs in the front and the rear are usually the setup for carpet. There are pro that have a lot of practice with one-ways, and run them up front also (you need to be pretty fast for this, as you gain alot of steering). what spring are you running in the rear in relation the front one. I ran 3700mah in my car without problems. Ask someone at the track to lend you a pack and see how they fit.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #2800
Tech Regular

Well I have up till now been running the orange spring up front with the green in back.. Harder/Hard

I will be moving the front even harder.. I have the GT4 springs now.. so I can get 30in-lb up front. and run a 22-24in lb in the read.

I have some IB3800s and they fit with some convincing and a dremel here and there for a smidge.. nothing drastic..

I still have quite a few 3300s charging to 3600+.. so I will go with that for this chassis.

A post on my local track board .. someone said roll out between 30mm and 32mm

how is that determined.. currently my car is at 23mm.. so I would assume undergeared.. which is ok for now.

but with the stock 87 spur I need to get to 35 pinion to get to 32mm. sounds like a damm big pinion.

James
Old 02-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #2801
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone have or know where I can get a center layshaft for this car? The teeth for the front belt have worn down to nothing

edit- is this it?
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=YZS630H
Old 02-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #2802
Tech Adept

ebay
Old 02-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #2803
Tech Regular

the part you listed there Smojoe.. is your center drive pulley... one will go to the front diff and one to the rear.. direct drive..

the term layshaft.. not sure... sounds like you are describing either a front diff pulley.. or part of the center drive pulley..

Hey Wayne.. the car you pictured .. I see you never did the steering mod... I don't really feel like I am missing anything yet... I guess that shows I have yet to get good enough where I feel the car is holding me back.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #2804
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the shaft that the spur gear attaches to and has the two pullies; one that goes to the front diff and one that goes to the rear? Is that the correct one though? If it is, JACKPOT
Old 02-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #2805
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerbob
the part you listed there Smojoe.. is your center drive pulley... one will go to the front diff and one to the rear.. direct drive..

the term layshaft.. not sure... sounds like you are describing either a front diff pulley.. or part of the center drive pulley..

Hey Wayne.. the car you pictured .. I see you never did the steering mod... I don't really feel like I am missing anything yet... I guess that shows I have yet to get good enough where I feel the car is holding me back.
I was not aware of the mod. to late now

Did you check out gearchart.com if so the site should give you other spurs to use so you would'nt need a 35 tooh pinion.