Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Here is a link too see the new Special Ver 2.

http://www.teamyokomo.com/japan/pres.../mrtc-spf2.jpg
Old 12-01-2002, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What spur are you guys runnig for stock 27 turn..I know they say the 83 will fit with some mods..
Old 12-01-2002, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dumor 81 tooth 48 pitch
Old 12-02-2002, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

I can't see much that's different apart from the roll bars!
Old 12-02-2002, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I am very interested in getting the new silver carbon chassis from Yokomo, I asked Rainbowten if they could get one and they told me that YMP doesn't work with retailer but directly to the final customer,
I e-mailed YMP and unfortunately they cannot sell oversea...

Any tips to get this chassis ?

Thx
Old 12-02-2002, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Check on the Yokomo USA forum, there was a guy who wanted to sell YMP parts from Japan.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pops,

Thank you, I tried to read all the posts of the MR4TC forum but didn't find anything on a guy who wants to sell YMP parts.
Can you send the url address ?

many thx
Old 12-03-2002, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Sorry, I looked too, but could not find it. I am sure it is located somewhere in one of the treads. My suggestion is you log on to Yokomo USA and ask if anybody can order for you?
Old 12-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by johnbull
Cole Trickle. Greetings from Malta.

Springs, Spurs, wheels etc are universal on most modern cars.

HPI and Yoke are no exception.

I run a Yoke Special myself though I sell virtually everything in my shop. I've run it for 3 years and love it.

Good luck.

Joe from sunny Malta.
Hmm. I just was at my LHS. He says that HPI spurs dont fit on Yokes. I checked the Yokomo springs, they are shorter than my HPI ones. So if I use my HPI springs on a Yoke car, then there aint any droop left. Which is very, very bad.

By the way, I think is quite difficult - or at least pretty time consumpting - to adjust droop, by adjusting shock length. Right?
Old 12-04-2002, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Cole Trickle.

I use, and sell mainly RW spurs. Now I have sold them to guys to use on Yokes, Losis, Tamiyas, TC3s, Corallys, X Rays, and HPIs. They are all pretty much the same though you need to take the pitch into consideration. Perhaps that's what your LHS was referring to. Naturally if you run 48dp pinions you will need 48dp spurs. Likewise 64dp. But they all fit.

As for springs. that's the nice thing about it. so long as the diameter is about right you can play with different lengths from different manufacturers. I have Yoke springs on my son's TC3, and Fastrax springs on my Yoke. Agreed the spring length is different but they still all fit. Well nearly all.

It all gives much more scope for tuning. I have a box with 50 compartments and each compartment carries different springs, starting with the softest in compartment 1 and ending with the hardest (Predator if I'm not mistaken) in compartment 50.

CML recently published a very good spring comparison chart which details spring length, diameter and tension. It's very good!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta. Actually it's pissing down at the moment!
Old 12-04-2002, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Cole Trickle :
Man u said it, if there's anything that really pisses me off abt the MR4, it's this : P
Arggghhh, why don't they make droop screws like everyone else??? I mean, I love the way my MR4SP handles and all, but set up and maintainance is more of a chore than on other cars such as the X-Ray and 414. I wouldn't buy a new Yok till they put some damm droop screws on the new car : P
Meanwhile, I'm just going to keep my MR4SP and wait for the front camber kingpin links to arrive. Yes, it seems it takes that long for the boat to reach Singapore from Japan : (
Old 12-04-2002, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

NightKidZ

Yep, droop screws are nice - easier and better handling. And they cant cost much in a kit.... Maybe in next generation?

Is working on the car in general harder or is it just the droop screws you're talking about?
Old 12-04-2002, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I'm afraid I have to agree about Yokomo falling back with developement.

I have sold and raced Yokomos successfully for some years, and think they are great cars. But what is happening.

Yokomo were leaders in design of off road cars. How many World Championships did Masami win for Yokomo. If you wanted a winner it had to be a Yoke.

They were the first to produce a real 1/10 touring car as a racer, as opposed to producing a toy. The YR4 was a winner for many years. It was bullittproof. It was easy to work on. It handled, and it was quick.

It was followed by the equally successful MR4 series, cars that were never really destined for the race tracks of the World but proved so good that that's where they ended up. But that's where it all seems to have stopped. Developement has not continued at the same pace of other manufacturers so that Yoke have been overtaken by absolutely everybody. Yokomo had a really strong base in the US with drivers like Barry Baker and Chris Tosolini doing lots of winning. But nowadays you just don't hear or read anything else about them - as though they are a dying breed. And those drivers have gone to other teams. Who can blame them.

Are they a dying breed? Will somebody from Yokomo please do a bit of explaining to the few faithful Yokomo enthusiasts that are left, or is the once allmighty Yokomo really on the way to oblivion.

Regards

JJoe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Cole Trickle : I find working on the MR4 harder than it should be. As in differential access, differential adjustment. The spur is buried so deep in the car I hate changing it on race day : P
Same as for center one-way access. I mean, they got a car that drives real nice and all but its a nightmare to maintain IMHO : P
I would also seems to me that Yokomo is neglecting that racers do want to have the OPTION of running perhaps anti-squat, anti-dive etc and generally the other tuning options which teh newer breed of cars have.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are working so hard on the new car they are neglecting the MR4... or I may just reconfigure the MR4 for drifter duty and get another raceacr hahahaha
PS Does your nick by chance have anything to do with Days Of Thunder??
Old 12-04-2002, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NightKidZ
PS Does your nick by chance have anything to do with Days Of Thunder??
No, it's my real name Nahhh, it have pretty much to do with Days of Thunder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.