Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread >

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Here are the photos for those two things that I am talking about.

Old 11-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you!
Old 11-18-2002, 07:11 PM
R/C Tech Founder

TRF414M: Are those release dates for Japan, for the US, or international?

I did not see anything on Yokomo USA's site so I am assuming the dates are for Japan.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:39 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Man you are making me drool for those killer silver graphite parts.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Those are released in Japan at early December.

You can probably get them through your hobby shop in Japan since they did not say anything about being limited. Especially the chassis, the chassis tends to warps a lot easier than comparing with other Tub chassis car. The SSG graphite helps stiffen up the car a lot and at the same time provide enough flex to handle well.

According to RC world, the Japan National Championship kit should also have some extra stuffs that you see Masami used on his win, like the Rear Upright with the extra graphite pieces. So, I don't really know which one is the correct and I am assuming the picture that I posted is the kit.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Am I too believe that all these years of running tub chassis, that Yokomo was the first to come out with, and now were all going back too graphite chassis? I like the idea about keeping things simple and not making too many changes. But we keep changing everything every 6 months. What do you guys think?
Old 11-19-2002, 02:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

The Yoke has not really undergone any major changes over the last 2 years or so. It has had some refinements from time to time but that is about it.

I would think that the graphite is nice looking and probably won't tweak as easy as a tub. On the other hand the tub is more than likely more cost effective to make as once they have a mold then it is easy to punch them out. Graphite cutting takes specially designed machines to put up with the destructive nature of graphite dust.

When Composite Chassis was in business he said that graphite was very destructive to equipment and they needed to do alot of things to keep the machinery in good working order.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hi ppl. I am looking to buy a servo for my Pro, but I don't know what I have to look for. Servo with high speed and high touqe, or just high touqe is enough? Around $60-70, what servo can I get? and are they good enough? Thanks.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Kurly
Am I too believe that all these years of running tub chassis, that Yokomo was the first to come out with, and now were all going back too graphite chassis? I like the idea about keeping things simple and not making too many changes. But we keep changing everything every 6 months. What do you guys think?
As far as "Serious competition" Touring cars go, I think the Losi Street weapon was the first composite tub chassis.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ckh1328
Hi ppl. I am looking to buy a servo for my Pro, but I don't know what I have to look for. Servo with high speed and high touqe, or just high touqe is enough? Around $60-70, what servo can I get? and are they good enough? Thanks.
You want to look for speed above torque, anything with torque above 70oz/in will do fine.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I would try to get a digital servo at all possible. The are smoother and center better than non digital servos. At your price range I would look into a Hitec Digital servo. If you get the $100 range I would like at JR, Futaba, or Airtronics digital servos. I use the Futaba 9550 Digital servo. It is small and fits perfect in the Yoke. IT has good speed at .10 and torque is above 70oz. IT is also very light.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:10 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Back on the topic of those new pieces for the Special, does anybody know of any shops overseas that will be carrying them, that might ship to the US, and any info on the cost?

Will there be an "upgrade" kit offered? Or just individual parts, and a complete kit?

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

FUTUREAL. I get all my Yokomo stuff from CML in England. They are usually very well stocked.

Next time I'm on the phone to Mark or Jason i'll ask about these new bits.

I tend to prefer a tub chassis. It has got to be stronger and tweeks less, and the biggest advantage is that it keeps things inside it. Remember the cells flying out of YR4s every time they have a bump. Even more expensive, if someone gets you broadside it's your expensive speedo that gets it first.

I like the special chassis. It's slim, light and more than strong enough. I wonder what the advantage of the new one is, apart from looks - if you like that sort of thing!

For the gentleman asking about servos I use KO 2143 Digital. As I have mine across the chassis it fits perfectly between the ribs so there's no chance of it moving about - remember it's only taped on.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Yokomo mail order

hi futureal,

Try rainbowten in Japan. Their web site is www.rainbowten.co.jp. They're very friendly.

tifosi
Old 11-20-2002, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default carpet setup with foam tires??

Does any one have a baseline setup for mr4tc for carpet with foams tires??? Everything I have come up with is for rubber tires!

Jamie

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.