Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread >

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 08:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Yoshi I still run the SP. The only thing I broke was the front shocktower and front bulkhead. I had a really bad wreck but it was kinda a freak one as I normally don't have wrecks anything like this one. It was one of the worst I have had in 6 years of touring.

I would think like most cars that a arms, caster blocks, and caster blocks would be the stuff you break the most.. You know the other things like hingepins and a spare belt. I have a bunch of stuff and probably won't ever need it but it is nice to have. I have 2 front belts, 2 rear belts, 3 rear arm sets, hinge pins, some misc screws and shock towers. I will slowly buy more stuff as time goes on as my shop has a decent supply of MR4TC parts which fit my car. Mainly the rear SP arms are different because of the mounting holes.

The car has been great for me. The SP is a very nice car. I did take out the oneways because the track I run at is very tight and brakes are needed alot. I will run the one ways on longer more open tracks.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

I know the part #s for the direct drive pulley, but what do i need to install a fron ball diff? thanks
Old 09-25-2002, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do you mean the camber-link modification, or something different?
yep..thats what u called it eh? yes, thats the one. pls hlp me, thnkz
Old 09-25-2002, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

hi, i've been away for the last 4 months in rc i'd like to ask if the camber mod masami is using right now is the same as the tosolini camber link before which has part # z-007f?
Old 09-26-2002, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Well I ordered my Mr-4tc sp yesterday, cant wait till next weekend to test race it

Wyd, I think I'll see how I like the oneways before I spend $$$$ on a diff and a direct drive pulley
Old 09-26-2002, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Guys. Can you tell me more about the one way, front one way, center one way, direct drive, etc. please. I want to know more about their abilities, and what effect would they make to the car, and their differences between each other. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

007Yoshi the diff and the center pullies you need will run you about 40 bucks total. It might be a tad less. The lockout pulley is 17.99 at SpeedTech (I have one on now and will be ordering a spare) and then you need the plastic diff halfs, diff bearings, balls, and so on.

My track is just too tight to run the one way setup but it is nice to have both but if you can hook up with the one way you can save a few bucks. It is a fairly easy kit to build. No custom work is needed to get the car together.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

The track Im runnin on will be 100 x 60 feet. Is that big enough for a oneway to seem handy? I figure if I get used to the oneways I'd be better off
Old 09-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ckh1328
Guys. Can you tell me more about the one way, front one way, center one way, direct drive, etc. please. I want to know more about their abilities, and what effect would they make to the car, and their differences between each other. Thanks.
THere are two places on most cars for a oneway: the front diff and the center pulley. I believe a oneway center pulley is less of an effect than a front oneway diff. A oneway will increase corner speed and is more efficient, and both combined is even moreof that effect, but the car is harder to drive and you get only 2 whl braking. With a front diff and a locked or direct drive center pulley you get all 4 whls of braking and a more stable car.
Old 09-26-2002, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

I have never tried using just the front, but from what I hear it has a bigger effect than both the front and center one-ways

Josh
Old 09-26-2002, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

LOL all that was only from what I understood. I'll be running the 2 oneways it comes with
Old 09-26-2002, 04:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

007Yoshi It mainly depends on how flowing the track is. If it is really tight and alot of 180's and hairpins then a diff might be better, especially if they run alot of cars in the mains. If you have one ways you will have to let off sooner to make the corners and if you leave off the throttle more than half alot of times the car will want to oversteer. You counterparts running diffs will drive in deep to the corner and hit the brakes at the last moment and then punch it. You will carry more speed thru the corners but if they get the line on you or you need to let off alot you could be in trouble.

All I can tell you is in the long run it is nice to probably have both. When I look at the tracks like the big boys run they are almost always pretty big and flow very nicely so a one way is useful, plus they do drive very well. 2 weeks ago was the first time I could have used a one way and been faster in a super long time for me. If I had more time to practice I would have tried it but since I didn't I left the diffs in since I was comfortable with them and the car was pretty fast and stable for me with those rubber tires on.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Well crap I dont have 40$ to get a diff and directdrive and since I'm saving up for the xxx4 i wont untill mid november
Old 09-27-2002, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

ive just given up nitro and bought a mr4tcsp.
raced it once sofar but i think thay seem to have an issue
with the steering as in play{way to much}
having trouble with it wandering on the strait
no its not my driving LOL.
eny little mods yous have don to stop this...
Old 09-27-2002, 05:07 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Mine has the same slop but if your servo horn fits tight and your servo don't move in the mounts that little slop shouldn't make the car wander down the straights. Try the low profile alum. mounts and make sure all your steering components more freely. Sounds more like the servo no properly centering under load.

I had a Schumacher car do what you are discribing and if I would bump a wall the servo would move in the mounts and another time the serov just didn't center right. I only use digital servos now (Futaba 9550) and never had that problem no matter how hard I hit the wall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.