Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread >

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 07:08 AM
Regional Moderator

no, im still using the stock ones in mod.......but i would like to keep the same diff or similar cause the yoke diffs are very lite.......altough ill look into the yok steel out drives...thanks for the tiP!
Old 08-28-2001, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Smile Hide and Seek???

Wow, I take a week of vacation only to return and NOT find rctouring.com!!! Fortunately, someone posted the information about the new site, so I was able to find you guys.

Raced my Special the Saturday before I went on vacation, and the car ran rather well (although), it seemed to have a slight push. I ran the dual one ways with green springs in the front and yellow in the rear.

HELP!!!

I'm still seeing a particular problem... If I run my car in a circle (both directions) at a slow speed, the inside wheel shakes like crazy. I can't tell if this is happening during a race, but I'm concerned because I can't pinpoint the problem. Any suggestions??? I'm considering removing the front one way to see if the problem persists???

Casey: You're selling the Special already??? You've only raced the car about 3 times, right???
Old 08-28-2001, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Gepetto-as for the push, you may even try yellow in front, that is the way I have it and it works nicely.

As for the inside wheel problem I would check your driveshaft. It is possible that when you turn you push it beyond it's range of motion, so it has to snap back...
Old 08-28-2001, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Larry, I ran the car today on carpet, very nice, only the one way diff, standard center shaft, car carried pretty good speed in the corners, orange springs all 4, endied up taking off the front sway bar, and WOW, the baby steered in and out of the corner.

You are correct, this was the 3 rd time I ran the car, The car is good, I have a few drawbacks though. no tweak screws, motor gets a little to warm in there, too much work to get to diffs and center shaft, bla bla..... The car is good and can be set up very fast, But it does need a little more attention than others,

Good to see you back on here
Old 08-28-2001, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Casey, so even though you think's it's fast, you're selling?
Old 08-29-2001, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Smile

Speedo: I'll take your suggestion and try the yellow springs up front also. The setup I'm currently running I got from the rcracing.com web site. Some guy (don't remember his name) won several major Stock class races, so I decided to try his setup since I run stock also.

I'll also look at the drive shafts and steering throw.

Casey: Coming from a TC3, I guess accessing the diffs in the Yoke does seem difficult. Seems that the Losi XXX-S, has the record for the easiest diff access.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

well I don't kow, thought about it after running it, it does rotate through the cornors well,
are there any other caster blocks for this car out there??
Old 08-29-2001, 06:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Aug. 29, 8:03am cdt.

Well hello guys, I finally made my way here to the new location.

Mr4-malta: I was going to ask had Johnbull made his way here, but luckily I read the post down the board a little, and see that he has made it.

Johnbull: Yes I was quite excited to see him win and wrap up the championship. If for no other reason, so we can stop listening to the commentators trying to work out mathematical ways that Coultard could still win!

It will probably please you guys to know that I and my Corally C4.1 got our butts kicked this past weekend by someone running a original Mr4tc. I mean the really original one, with the closed in drivetrain and everything. He is really fast, always at the top of the timesheets and a great guy, so losing to him wasn't as bad. But, the fact that he won with the car should silence all those people who say that you "HAVE" to buy all the upgrades Yokomo makes.

On a less uplifting note for Yokomo fans, I see they still haven't updated YokomoUSA. Like I said before, why even have a site if your not going to maintain it.

In any case, its good to be back yacking it up with the R/C community.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:36 PM
Regional Moderator

darkside, johnbull has been havin problems logging on tho rctech.net ......that reminds me i have to contact futureal about that!
----------
after looking st my mr4 sp i noticed that my battrey plugs (bullet type) are touching the chasis ........and im thinking that this could efect my batt. life.........any of you guys noticed this....i should file out that bit of the chasis tonight
Old 08-29-2001, 01:03 PM
Regional Moderator

I don't know about the battery plugs, but I accidentally let both my positive and negative wires going to my motor contact the bulkhead on my C4 AGLE when I finished mounting the motor. That caused very rapid battery dumping and near thermal meltdown of the motor. My GMV12 stayed normal temp though. Everything else though was hot enough to feel the heat radiating a good couple of feat away!

Even if it doesn't hurt the battery life, it can't help! A piece of electrical tape at each spot will take care of your problem.

Well don't forget to talk to futureal about it so Johnbull can log in! I miss my diagreements with him.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:07 PM
Regional Moderator

i just did...his browser is the problem (too old) lol
i went too the track tonight the car was good..all i did was take of some weight i put on the bumper ........i could really tell how weight distribution effects these cars!
Old 08-29-2001, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Hey darkside, welcome back!
Old 08-30-2001, 01:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

guys, i have a question? what is the difference between the mr4tc pro and the mr4tc rr? from what i've seen, the pro is the us spec version while the rr is the japanese spec version. am i right on this or not?
Old 08-30-2001, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Just saw that the xxxs thread is even with us now

any one using different castor blocks on the SP ? and were did you get them
Old 08-30-2001, 06:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Thanks Speedo! Its good to be back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.