Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys,
Just an update for anyone who may be interested
I tried on a set of Yokomo 26mm foams a couple of days ago, on the same track where I experienced tire overheating problems just a couple of days prior to the test. I was using the ST-A261M front (35 shore, pink) and ST-L261M (35 shore, green). Roll-out anf ride height were compansated to be similar to the setup used for rubber. The Yok USA website stated my front foams were "low wear compound".
Anyway, I was testing with another guy on rubbers ( he was the TQ in that race driving a MR4 TC Pro, I'm on a MR4TCSP)....... suffice to say the foams worked very very very well
For all its worth..... given the traction foams gave on that track, plus fade free performance.... they will make for damm good racing but it takes a huge chuck of skill out of the equation, coz as far as I can see.... trottle control becomes redundent with foams...... they grip too well..... period.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Just remember your car will be a lot lighter, up to 40gms if not more. The foam tyre car is lighter than one running rubber tyres/inserts. The weight will also reduce after each run, so keep a close eye on tyre wear and become friends with someone at a tyre shop(stick on lead wheelweights).

You'll be able to turn inside any cars running rubber tyres and will have plenty of grip from the start.
If you're happy with the tyres as they are-cool
If not, try a "30 shore rear compound" on the back.
Old 07-19-2002, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Simon K : Thanks for the reminder abt car weight : )
Hahahaha 30 shore rears you say???? Hmmmm never traction-rolled my car on tarmac before.....heheheh
Old 07-19-2002, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

You'll also want to keep a close eye on Camber, we tend to run around 2 degrees negative.
Ideally, the tyre should wear "Uniformly" but if there are a lot of high speed corners one edge will go first(outer edge).
Trial and error will help with setup, you can see where the wear is occuring and adjust camber to compensate.
Old 07-20-2002, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Keep Practicing and learn what your car like to do. Yes keep an eye on tire wear. I run 1.5 degree of camber.
Old 07-20-2002, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

I heard of kentech that Yokomo are making hop ups for the SP not brining out a new chassis yet. I also heard that masami was driving other cars before the on road worlds! - maybe this is old news but i'm the last to hear anything, the yok forum on the yok site is dead!

have a ncie day

sv
www.schumacher.clara.net - NEW TOP DECK!
Old 07-23-2002, 12:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default servo sideway?

could anyone show me or got a picture for this mod? i heard it makes yoru steering sensitive? i want that.

im a beginner on yok. just bought a week ago. MR4TC custom kit.
pls hlp.
Old 07-23-2002, 12:19 AM
Tech Champion

Default servo sideway?

could anyone show me or got a picture for this mod? i heard it makes yoru steering sensitive? i want that.

im a beginner on yok. just bought a week ago. MR4TC custom kit.
pls hlp.
Old 07-23-2002, 04:04 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Setups

Hey guys. I just added a new setup to my web page. It is probably mainly for low to medium grip asphalt like when it's really hot. In Northern California (Speedworld and Ripon), the tracks get up in the 140 to 160 range pretty easily. This generally causes the rear to get pretty loose. The setup I am running now seems to keep that to a minimum. www.mo-net.ws
Old 07-25-2002, 02:04 AM
Tech Champion

can anyone help me on this matter? don't tell me, no one knows about this mod by masami??? pls...
Old 07-25-2002, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

JFC- I don't have a picture here at work, but basically you cut the ears off of the servo, and mount it horizontally. To do this, you must change the servo saver peices to the other ones that came with the kit. It moves the arm to the passenger side of the servo saver posts. I'm not sure about what other did, but I had to dremel a small cut out for the servo arm. When you go to test fit the servo you'll see what I mean. Anyway, to mount the servo I used Zap Goo. It's sorta like shoogoo, but a lot stronger. If you don't have the optional servo saver mounts you can order them and even get them in gfaphite, but I don't have the part number.

If I get a chance after our big race next month, I'll take some pics and do a small tech article to add to the other tech articles on our club's website. www.msra-racing.com

Hope this helps!!
Old 07-25-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Default Servo Modification for Yok MR4 series

Here's some more information about that mod jfc_tech. This mod will put more overall weight towards the front of the car which will give the car more steering when exiting corners.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread-yokservomod1.jpg  
Old 07-27-2002, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

I CAN'T SEE THE PICTURE!!!???

Sorry proudwinner, but the attached graphic file is only text description of the mod and no picture to show it.

but anyway, thank you for all yer concern and help nevertheless. AND yes, you too BigDogRacing. give me more picture!!???
Old 07-27-2002, 03:06 AM
Tech Champion

Exclamation GEARING QUESTION

I'm using 11T motor and it seems the standard 78Tspur 22Tpinion do not seem to work well. i mean at the end of race, the motor and my sanyo 3000 battery very hot. it must be overgeared, right? our track is very tight with lots of corner and hairpin and one long straight. pls advice me.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:13 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The motor and batteries are just going to get hot. If at the end of the race you still have good power, you are probably fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.