Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
How is Jammin's Durability Compared to Mugen, Kyosho, Other Ofnas? >

How is Jammin's Durability Compared to Mugen, Kyosho, Other Ofnas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is Jammin's Durability Compared to Mugen, Kyosho, Other Ofnas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default How is Jammin's Durability Compared to Mugen, Kyosho, Other Ofnas?

How does the Jammin Pro kit compare in durability to the MBX-5 and the 777 SP2? What about other Ofnas, such as the 9.5 Pro, etc.?

Does it wear parts as fast as the Jammin truggy? Is the breakage like the Jammin truggy?

Thanks. Chaser
Old 01-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mine is as smooth and tight as the day I finished assembly!!! and I haven't even came close to breaking a part..... of course I just bought the engine for my buggy yesterday!!!LOL
Old 01-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Suspended

I asked a local racer who has been in the hobby since the mid 80's how he likes his jammin x1-cr about a week or so ago, he has had mugens kyosho's and ofna's probly more i do not know of..and he likes the jammin car the best says the durability is awesome and that he has not broken any parts yet..but he drives his cars not bashes them..I took his word and got a x1-crt hoping its as good as his buggy, and loved the build..its soooo nice, just make sure to get the factory team kit if you get the car so your done out of the box..just add motor, pipe and radio gear is all..really a nice car.I just might have to scoop one myself!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Jammin Buggy-Nice overall car but sorry to say that it has OFNA written all over it.
Nylon is still junk and wears fast.Replace anything with aluminum and it messes with the performance of the car.
Universals are still BLAH at best.
Outdrives are PURE JUNK compared to Xray,Mugen,and Kyosho.Wear really fast and form alot of slop.
Shocks Im still not a fan of.
I have heard these same problems from alot of fellow racer's.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TexRacer
Jammin Buggy-Nice overall car but sorry to say that it has OFNA written all over it.
Nylon is still junk and wears fast.Replace anything with aluminum and it messes with the performance of the car.
Universals are still BLAH at best.
Outdrives are PURE JUNK compared to Xray,Mugen,and Kyosho.Wear really fast and form alot of slop.
Shocks Im still not a fan of.
I have heard these same problems from alot of fellow racer's.

Is the Ofna 9.5 Pro durable? I think the Jammin is based on that design. Are the parts poor quality on it, as well?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Get a mugen and you wont go wrong..I own 2 and love them to death. I turned my prospec into the MSR truggy and that things rocks with the OS Vspec and JP1 pipe. Just my thoughts of the car. I dont know to many people that run jammin's but it is nothing but a ofna and im not a fan of Ofna because no one in my area carrys parts. You have to remember, parts break and wear down, so when a rc racer tells you he has not broken a part, his time is coming. These Toys(hoBBY) are ment to be driven, and raced hard. (i drive like a freakin monkey)...lol and i have broken parts such as arms and shock shafts, but i can blame no one b ut my self..I have read alot of good things about the Jammin, and im not knocking it at all. It does come in a RTR kit, and a pro kit, so if money is a issue, i would get it. Mugen, Kyosho's are expensive to buy, but are well worth the money.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Chase-Unless your just getting a smoking deal on the 9.5 Pro I wouldnt mess with it.I expecially wouldnt buy one new.
Alot of guys a year or 2 ago would buy Hyper 7 Pro's or Hyper 9.5 Pro's because they were $100.00-150.00 cheaper than the competition.
Well after learning all the aluminum they had to install on the car,upgrade OTHER parts to make it perform like the cars that were higher priced they then learned they had MORE in their car money wise than if they would have bought a Kyosho,Xray,Mugen or others.
I like Hotbodies Lighting Pro 2 better than any ofna's out there.
I have even heard nice things about the CEN Matrix.

I dont mean to knock your 9.5Pro if you already have it.If you do it sounds like your new anyway so run the car and learn.I just wouldnt invest alot of money in the car.Use it as a learning car and then save up later for when you think the CAR is holding you back.
Goodluck with your choice and hope any of this info helps.