R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Transmitter and reciver help

Help me to understand, can i buy a separate transmitter and a separate reciver with gyro and sync them, all i know is that the transmitter needs to be 3 channel but can i buy any gyro-reciver and any transmitter?
Turboboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:32 AM   #2
Tech Adept

No, they must be designed to work together. the Tx/Rx must use the same protocol. Generally, this means using a Rx that is made by the same mfgr as the TX. There are some offbrand Rx's - like orange and lemon - that are designed to work with name brand TX, but make sure you are buying one that is spec'ed to work with your TX.

Best bet is, if you do not have a radio system yet, to buy one that has an intergrated gyro.

If you already have a radio system you want to use, there are external gyros that can be used with any radio system. You plug them into the steering channel (not channel 3) and plug your servo into the gyro module. I have a Futaba one for my 2wd SCT, and it works great.
JerryRigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:32 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

generally, you need to stick with the same OEM, however many OEM's will produce upgraded versions of Rx's that may not be backward compatible with older Tx's so be careful when selecting an OEM that your Rx is listed as compatible on the product details page. In almost all cases, you can't swap equipment with different OEM's however there are many rebrands out there that are compatible because they come from the same OEM.. i.e. Sanwa->Airtronics and you also have to be careful with the budget rebrands from HobbyKing(etc) where they rebrand most of their systems under the Turnigy label but Turnigy simply re-distributes from many different OEM's like Radiolink, FlySky etc.

For a decent integrated gryo-Rx with a reasonable price, I would take a look at the Radiolink RC4GS:
https://www.banggood.com/RadioLink-R...p-1169456.html

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

If budget is not a concern, then I would look at KO-Propo, they have a really good integrated gyro system that I've used in the past.
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote