Community
Wiki Posts
Search

traxxas bandit cvd questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Default traxxas bandit cvd questions

OK I cannot find the fabled trx3 cvds to fit the bandit. Does anyone know if I switched the rear A arms to slash or stampede arms could I then mount their cvds? Also wld this cause any steering or performance issues? I dnt know which are shorter slash or pede but I'd like mounting short as possible arms if it's possible so I can keep the rear narrow like it is stockk or narrow as I can at the least. Why they don't make bandit cvds I'm not sure. I also thought of cutting off a lil on each end of slash cvds to try and fit them with the bandit arms without binding. Anyone don any of these things or attempted them?
Old 09-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcaddicted85
OK I cannot find the fabled trx3 cvds to fit the bandit. Does anyone know if I switched the rear A arms to slash or stampede arms could I then mount their cvds? Also wld this cause any steering or performance issues? I dnt know which are shorter slash or pede but I'd like mounting short as possible arms if it's possible so I can keep the rear narrow like it is stockk or narrow as I can at the least. Why they don't make bandit cvds I'm not sure. I also thought of cutting off a lil on each end of slash cvds to try and fit them with the bandit arms without binding. Anyone don any of these things or attempted them?
You would think the MIP X-Duty CVDs, for the Slash, should only need a small amount of cutting of the "female slider bone". Right? You are on to something with your thoughts.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old thread, but figured I'd post because I just stumbled upon it. I'm going to cut some of the fancy traxxas cvds. I think I'm stuck with having to use 5mm and not the 6mm or whatever xo-1 axles.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dave_S
Old thread, but figured I'd post because I just stumbled upon it. I'm going to cut some of the fancy traxxas cvds. I think I'm stuck with having to use 5mm and not the 6mm or whatever xo-1 axles.
Keep us informed on the outcomes