Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Track design help needed! Post your pics! >

Track design help needed! Post your pics!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Track design help needed! Post your pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Track design help needed! Post your pics!

Hey everyone,

I am considering building a track for me and my buddies to mess around with, what do you recommend as a minimum width for 2 1/10th scale trucks to race on? I believe it was something like 6-8ft if I remember correctly.

Any other recommendations for the track? It isn't going to be a perfect looking track, probably just on grass/mud and build some jumps and put some french drain around the edges. I realize that this is not the best way to make it but it will do.

Any idea for building the jumps up? I have tried everything at my old house when I built my first track but it seems like after 2-3 months the rain kinda takes the 'edge' off the jumps and its more like a speed hump than a table top.

Any ideas? I used logs under dirt and then put boards on both sides and jumped up and down on them. Keep in mind I weight ~200lbs so I thought that would've been good enough. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Post pictures of your track(s) and jump configurations. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Lots of work to keep it good. I have a motocross track, as well as bmx jumps. i work both of them everytime I ride. Good dirt is your best friend, clay or blue groove. sandy or rocky dirt doesnt pack well.

You can also add lime [available at home depot or lowes] to your dirt to harden it up. You mix it in with water and make a mud mixture, then build jump faces with that. Dont make the mixture too muddy though, cant build with soup.