Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What is Ofna's Strongest Built Buggy for Bashing? >

What is Ofna's Strongest Built Buggy for Bashing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is Ofna's Strongest Built Buggy for Bashing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default What is Ofna's Strongest Built Buggy for Bashing?

I'm looking for strictly a basher. Hard bashing and jumping. Which of Ofna's buggies are the strongest built and most durable?

Ultra LX Comp II?
Ultra MBX comp?
Ravager?
9.5 MBX?
Hyper7?
Jammin X1 RTR?
9.5 Violator?
Any others?

(Good grief - they have a confusing linup. So many buggies...)

I don't know anything about Ofna's line, so I don't know the differences in their buggy models.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

all ofna buggies are durable, so I would say the Ravager because it has the biggest engine.....
Old 01-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Talking no way

do not get the ravager...that motor is garbage....the hyper 7 is way tougher and the hyper7 8 port motor is 100% better...i ran one for 3 years and beat the hell out of it and only broke 1 shock shaft...i jumped that buggy off the jumps at our local supercross track...i can say that was the toughest buggy i have ever owned...i put about 10 gallons of fuel through the motor and never once gave me a problem...but you better run o'donnel fuel i tried other fuel and the motor runs best on it....

just my 2 cents!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default ofna 9.5 pro

I would say the 9.5 Pro would be the most durable...although it is heavy.

I happen to have one for sale...i havent posted it anywhere but it is a true Pro with aluminum c-hubs and aluminum knuckles....also carbon fiber everything.

It is very strong and a good jumper.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Talking its great too

the 9.5 pro is great too ...but you need to buy allthe radio gear ...and a motor and a few other odd and end stuff...but you can get the hyper 7 rtr with everything except fuel.....and i mean everything....

charles
Old 01-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

NONE ˇˇˇˇ
Get a kanai or a Mugen they a are great to race or bash ˇˇˇˇ
You can a find great prices on ebay or sale trade forum ...
I have a kani II and teh only thing broken was the lower front arm after a 6 mts jump ...
Old 01-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah and spend $1200. The 9.5 PBS would be the strongest on that list, the ravanger is strong as well, but the cast steering knuckles can break on really hard crashes. The Hyper 7 PBS would indeed also be a very strong buggy, I don't really agree with the hyper engines being that much better than the Force engines that come in the X1/9.5/Ultra buggies, all the force engines I've owned have been very good. The one way bearings are they're only real weak spot.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3
I would say the 9.5 Pro would be the most durable...although it is heavy.

I happen to have one for sale...i havent posted it anywhere but it is a true Pro with aluminum c-hubs and aluminum knuckles....also carbon fiber everything.

It is very strong and a good jumper.

I have to agree with you there... The 9.5 pro is the heaviest buggy ive ever owned... the thing is built like a tank...
Old 01-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

i had one of these

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGPN8&P=7

and it was super tough. I hit a myhem head on at full speed while he was going about half of that so about the same as the two hitting at about 60 mph and it totalled his buggy and mine didn't have a scrach on it. He broke 3 arms, a bulkhead, a diff cup, bent the chassis, bent both front dogbones, bent the center dogbone to the front diff, broke his body, and 3 hingepins. He picked up his car and tossed it in the trash and bought a thundertiger within 20 minutes. after a year and a half of running the car the only thing that went wrong was I slightly bent the front shock tower from landing a jump upside down. but this was easy replaced with the team pcr one that was increadably thick and made the front end look awesome.

also aside from durability the engine that it comes with rocks. there is no way the force engines could keep up with it and also it comes with pull start or bump start so you have your choice of starting. yes it comes with a good starter box. and it is capable of racing and being competitive. one last thing parts are inexpensive and fairly easy to get a hold of in case you do have any problems.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

What are the different design approaches to Ofna's various buggies? It's pretty confusing. Why so many different models?

Also, which buggies are made by Hobao and which by Hong Nor?

Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Yeah and spend $1200. The 9.5 PBS would be the strongest on that list, the ravanger is strong as well, but the cast steering knuckles can break on really hard crashes. The Hyper 7 PBS would indeed also be a very strong buggy, I don't really agree with the hyper engines being that much better than the Force engines that come in the X1/9.5/Ultra buggies, all the force engines I've owned have been very good. The one way bearings are they're only real weak spot.
No ..
You don´thave to spend 1200.00 i bought mine on Ebay for 550.00 shipping included ..
Kanai II
racers edge front and rear shock towers
racer edge hubs
94357 94358 servos
os .21 vz
5 sets of new tires
starter box
and box full of screws and spare parts..
if you wait you can find a good deal ..
This car was 2 times main b first place and two times main a 2ndo place, i need more practice
A few friends went with the ofna buggys and they have a lot of trouble including the hyper 7 pro ..
Old 01-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase
What are the different design approaches to Ofna's various buggies? It's pretty confusing. Why so many different models?

Also, which buggies are made by Hobao and which by Hong Nor?

Thanks again.
In short anything Hyper is a Hobao.

The 9.5s, MBX, LX and Ultras are Hong Nor. I may not have named them all and others can fill in the missing ones.