R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree3Likes

Old 07-15-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default RC8B3.1e Kit Build question. Do I have the wrong parts for am I missing something?

My question is on page 10, bag 3.1, step 5. At the top left of step 5, the instructions show the kit setup for the arm insert as the hole to one side and centered. As you can see in mt picture, my kit only has a dead center insert and a kind of in the corner insert. I have no inserts that are shown in the instructions that are to the side and centered. Anyone have any input on that?

Also, on the top right of step 5, it shows a center arm insert going into the shock tower. Then in the bottom right, it shows a 3x3 grid of holes with the bottom left being highlighted. What is that supposed to tell me if I am inserting a centered arm insert anyway?
w00derson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

Pics:
Attached Thumbnails
RC8B3.1e Kit Build question. Do I have the wrong parts for am I missing something?-img_20170715_120622.jpg   RC8B3.1e Kit Build question. Do I have the wrong parts for am I missing something?-img_20170715_120729.jpg  
Old 07-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Your kit should include a full set of inserts. The rear mount for the front upper arm should have the hole centered vertically and offset to the outside edge horizontally. The shock tower should have the "corner hole insert" oriented to the lowest outside corner when viewed from the front. Go by the kit setup sheet. Sometimes AE instruction manuals contradict themselves a bit. https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...Setup-2017.pdf
MX304 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. Hopefully there are no more confusing contradictions like that. Although, I still don't think I have the correct inserts for the rear mount for the upper arm. See the attached picture. All of my inserts appear to be centered or in the corner. Looks like I have 2 sticks of centered ones and 1 stick of corner ones. Is this an AE packaging error or am I still missing something here?
Attached Thumbnails
RC8B3.1e Kit Build question. Do I have the wrong parts for am I missing something?-img_20170715_124820.jpg  
Old 07-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No your missing a few pills.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:43 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00derson View Post
Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. Hopefully there are no more confusing contradictions like that. Although, I still don't think I have the correct inserts for the rear mount for the upper arm. See the attached picture. All of my inserts appear to be centered or in the corner. Looks like I have 2 sticks of centered ones and 1 stick of corner ones. Is this an AE packaging error or am I still missing something here?
You are missing some for sure.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:51 PM   #7
Tech Rookie
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I am stuck on this page with a very similar question.

I have all of the pills, but can somebody please clarify which pill I should be using for the shock tower and the upper link mount. As well as which way the pill should be positioned?!!?

Thanks in advance!!!
PrezidentChump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrezidentChump View Post
I am stuck on this page with a very similar question.

I have all of the pills, but can somebody please clarify which pill I should be using for the shock tower and the upper link mount. As well as which way the pill should be positioned?!!?

Thanks in advance!!!
On the tower, when viewed from the front, the hole in the pill should be all the way down and to the outside. On the upper rear mount for the front arm the hole should be centered vertically and all the way to the outside edge.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
On the tower, when viewed from the front, the hole in the pill should be all the way down and to the outside. On the upper rear mount for the front arm the hole should be centered vertically and all the way to the outside edge.
Is the same pill used for both?
Old 10-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Like this (see photos)

Last edited by PrezidentChump; 10-06-2017 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:30 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Is the same pill used for both?
No.
PrezidentChump likes this.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:30 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Like this (see photos)
?? Which pics?
Old 10-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #13
Tech Rookie

Quote:
?? Which pics?
Sorry, I took the pics down as they were no longer relevant.

I think Ive figured it out. Correct me if im wrong.

On the Upper Link Mount I used the pills that have the hole centered and offset to the side/edge. I put it in so that the hole is on the outer edge.

On the Front Shock Tower I used the pills that have the hole on the corner. I put the pill in so that the hole is on the bottom outer edge.

My confusion with this step had to do with the fact that I didnt know that two different kinds of pills had to be used, and also the orientation they needed to be when putting them in. Does the way that I put them in sound right to you?

Thanks for responding about this. If you could post pics of your car and show the pills on the shock tower and upper link mount that would probably help clear out any confusion... Thanks!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Sorry, I took the pics down as they were no longer relevant.

I think Ive figured it out. Correct me if im wrong.

On the Upper Link Mount I used the pills that have the hole centered and offset to the side/edge. I put it in so that the hole is on the outer edge.

On the Front Shock Tower I used the pills that have the hole on the corner. I put the pill in so that the hole is on the bottom outer edge.

My confusion with this step had to do with the fact that I didnt know that two different kinds of pills had to be used, and also the orientation they needed to be when putting them in. Does the way that I put them in sound right to you?

Thanks for responding about this. If you could post pics of your car and show the pills on the shock tower and upper link mount that would probably help clear out any confusion... Thanks!!!
You have it right. I am not running the kit setup so my pills are going to be different anyway.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #15
Tech Rookie

Quote:
You have it right. I am not running the kit setup so my pills are going to be different anyway.
Thanks so much for your support!

Im faced with a new problem today. Im trying to get the front steering turnbuckle installed and cant seem to figure out how to get the rod ends mounted on to the turnbuckle ball. Not only is it difficult because the turnbuckle ball is already screwed into place and thread locked, but the lack of space in that area and the angle is making it difficult. Any tips/advice on how to get this done?

See pic...
Attached Thumbnails
RC8B3.1e Kit Build question. Do I have the wrong parts for am I missing something?-img_1665.jpg   RC8B3.1e Kit Build question. Do I have the wrong parts for am I missing something?-img_1664.jpg   RC8B3.1e Kit Build question. Do I have the wrong parts for am I missing something?-img_1666.jpg