Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Need a good electric basher, suggestions? >

Need a good electric basher, suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need a good electric basher, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Need a good electric basher, suggestions?

Im thinking of selling all of my racing stuff and just getting a good electric truck to bash around the back yard with. Needs to be a stadium truck or possibly monster truck. Anyone got a good suggestion? Needs to be pretty sturdy because the truck wont have an easy life.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What do you have right now?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Right now Ive got a mint condition Losi XX-T CR thats only been run 3 times since new and a fairly nice T4.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If your bashing you've got to go with a monster truck. The E-maxx would be obvious choice, although the Hot bodies Ezilla is pretty cool too, if you can get parts for it that is.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

IMO- your best bet would be to get a Traxxas Stampede (the best electric basher!!!) or for alot less buying and selling you could build a basher out of your favorite truck, just get a set of new rims and masher 2.2's!!! then if you wanna go back to racing just put your race tires back on and turn laps.........
Old 01-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I had an E-Maxx as a basher and sold it. It just wasn't worth charging batteries for 2 hours (since it takes 2 battery packs) for 10 minutes of runtime. For that reason, for bashing, I'd get a Stampede. More time bashing, less time charging batteries.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Ive heard that stampedes break a lot. How true is that? Like I said before, whatever I use to bash around with will NOT have an easy life.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The tranny on the stampede is very easy to break if you don't set the slippr clutch right, plus the drive shafts are kinda weak, as is the diff, idler gear, spur, and the motor mounting plate is plastic so the motor can slip and move out of mesh fairly easily. The front caster blocks are really weak, the wheel hubs most be upgraded to 5x11mm bearings, or you'll be breaking bearings all day (although bushings are in the box). There is a reason the Stampede is so cheap, it really needs alot of hop-ups to perform to a level acceptable by an exprienced hobbyist. If you've got a charger that will do 2 batteries at once the Emaxx is a much better choice. Or there is of course the Kyosho twin force, or the Tamiya TXT-1 if your into a more scale looking truck. Or a XXXT with aluminum arms and front bulkhead would be really tough, and you know the tranny is super tough, plus the quality is very good.