Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proline Electrons MC compound

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Proline Electrons MC compound

Hi guys, I'm from the UK and we don't have any dirt tracks so I have no idea of these tyres.

This weekend me and my friends are going to Reims indoor dirt race and these are the 'go to' tyres.

Just wondering if there are any specific break in process for these tyres. I don't know if track allows sauce but if it does what works best with these. For a 2wd.

Many thanks
Old 06-21-2017, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIME:RC
Hi guys, I'm from the UK and we don't have any dirt tracks so I have no idea of these tyres.

This weekend me and my friends are going to Reims indoor dirt race and these are the 'go to' tyres.

Just wondering if there are any specific break in process for these tyres. I don't know if track allows sauce but if it does what works best with these. For a 2wd.

Many thanks
There are lots of videos on YouTube about breaking in tires... But I prefer to just run them! If you get to the track early enough to run a few practice sessions, they should start coming in nicely. Sometimes I will take the buggy with new tires out onto my driveway and do some slow figure 8 just to start scuffing in the tires before hitting the track.

The PL Electrons and Positrons are both really good tires on clay, and that MC compound is great. I don't know what sauce you can get there, but at the tracks I visit most people use FDJ with the green dot on the lid. Some use Sticky Kicks. The most important part is cleaning the tires though.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Callaway
There are lots of videos on YouTube about breaking in tires... But I prefer to just run them! If you get to the track early enough to run a few practice sessions, they should start coming in nicely. Sometimes I will take the buggy with new tires out onto my driveway and do some slow figure 8 just to start scuffing in the tires before hitting the track.

The PL Electrons and Positrons are both really good tires on clay, and that MC compound is great. I don't know what sauce you can get there, but at the tracks I visit most people use FDJ with the green dot on the lid. Some use Sticky Kicks. The most important part is cleaning the tires though.
Thanks for the reply, Saturday is a 9am-9pm open practise day so I should get a few laps in 😂

Is it worth bedding in my race day tyres for race day during the practise too? Is the drop off massive if run to low or is it a gradual job

Sorry complete noob to dirt as all I've raced on is Astro or Carpet and our carpet/turf tyres drop off after 2 heats

Sam
Old 06-21-2017, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

I used to race in London and the surrounding areas, been racing on dirt tracks here for over 10 years now. They wont wear anywhere near as quickly as mini spikes (good ol Schumacher and Ballistic Buggy) on grass or micros or carpet!

Id run your race day tires on practice day unless your going to be running for about 4 hours non stop on practice day.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Also get ready for LOTS of jumps. Way more than in England. Practice jumping if you get a chance.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, it's not that jumpy of a track, more like a UK track but in dirt

https://youtu.be/aBSFrCanH0g

I'm glad to hear tyre wear on dirt isn't as high.

The track look super slick compared to what we race on 😂
Old 06-21-2017, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Dime, I raced several times on this track since its opening last fall. On low temps you need indoor compounds such as the MC, and the wear is almost non-existent. You don't need any break-in either (I know this is quite different to most indoor tracks as OCRC where you need a perfectly broken-in tyre).
Old 06-21-2017, 02:38 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If the tires don't wear as fast definitely get positrons over electrons. Liquid wrench blue cap will soften them. Apply 15 mins before first couple runs and as needed. Wd40 works about 20 percent as well/strong

Originally Posted by Gayosaka
Hi Dime, I raced several times on this track since its opening last fall. On low temps you need indoor compounds such as the MC, and the wear is almost non-existent. You don't need any break-in either (I know this is quite different to most indoor tracks as OCRC where you need a perfectly broken-in tyre).
Old 06-22-2017, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys gluing them up tonight, 4am wake up for the Road Trip tomorrow
Old 06-22-2017, 09:29 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If the track doesn't break tires in for long periods of time run some donuts on the pavement outside first
Originally Posted by DIME:RC
Thanks guys gluing them up tonight, 4am wake up for the Road Trip tomorrow