Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Avantage of going to Jammin from Mayhem? >

Avantage of going to Jammin from Mayhem?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avantage of going to Jammin from Mayhem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Jared I think we have met racing in the IL area. I raced a Mayhem for the entire 2005 season. The Mayhem is a very capable car to a point, especially at the club level. What I mean by that is this. When you as a driver reach the point where you can drive the Mayhem as fast as it will go and make very few mistakes, 1 or 2 per heat and you can continually put the car in the A-main at the local tracks then maybe its time to move on. I reached this point with about 3 months left in the 2005 season. I felt I had reached the point where I could not make the Mayhem go any faster no matter what I did. I was very consistent with it and made very few mistakes if any and was in the show at most all of the races I attended towards the end of the season. When I went back and looked at the lap times of the races I was in most often the racers with the Kyosho's, Mugen's and Jammins were turning faster lap times than me but I was just more consistent. Do I think the other buggies are better performers? Absolutely! Do I think you have to have one of the better buggies to win races at the club level absolutely not. Stick with the Mayhem for the start of the 2006 season and get in some serious track time. I am sure I will be at Glitchers for the opener. My name is Scott AKA Bump. Look me up when I am there and I will help ya any way I can.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thankyou all for your comments. I think there is some very good information here that will help many other people that are in a similar situation to me. Maybey not the specific brands I am talking about but the same situation. Many of us start out with a "beginner" buggy and get to a point where we're not sure if it's time to step up or if it's even worth it. Believe it or not it's sometimes hard to get a straight answer with so many people being so brand loyal and with all the pros for the most part using the same 3 or 4 models. I don't think I am getting all there is to get out of my Mayhem yet, so at Bumps suggestion I think I will stick with it for the begining of '06, get some more races under my belt and then re-evaluate my position.......unless cabin fever gets the better of me I sure do want one of those X1 pros Thanks again to everyone for your contributions, Jared

Last edited by Jared Fournier; 01-21-2006 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

thank you for the clarification on the mod!
Old 01-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cain: there's another mod that some guys were doing to the front upper arms. they were trimming a little bit of material from the sock tower side of the arm to decrease the caster more and increase turn in. i think they were taking the same amount off as a small caster shim, might want to check in the mayhem thread to be sure though.

adam