R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-16-2017, 06:26 PM   #16
Tech Rookie

Default Stay Away

Just a heads up to stay away from this truck unless you want to wait for losi to make aftermarket shocks. I bought one last week and had it for three hours, 2 of which were me sitting there trying to rebind the truck to the transmitter, when i finally got onto my local track i had a mishap of going end over end which i thought no biggie they do that all the time. continued to drive the rest of the track and then i heard i grinding sound. The passenger front shock top blew off. the next day after changing the front shocks out with an Integy set my shop had i made it about 20% around my track and blew out both rears. since Losi has not come out with aluminum replacement shocks or shock tops i now have a new 600$ wall ornament. If someone has any tips or tricks to help me get this thing moving and jumping again I would greatly appreciate.

But until then...... everyone STAY AWAY FROM THIS WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!
leadfootlenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfootlenny View Post
Just a heads up to stay away from this truck unless you want to wait for losi to make aftermarket shocks. I bought one last week and had it for three hours, 2 of which were me sitting there trying to rebind the truck to the transmitter, when i finally got onto my local track i had a mishap of going end over end which i thought no biggie they do that all the time. continued to drive the rest of the track and then i heard i grinding sound. The passenger front shock top blew off. the next day after changing the front shocks out with an Integy set my shop had i made it about 20% around my track and blew out both rears. since Losi has not come out with aluminum replacement shocks or shock tops i now have a new 600$ wall ornament. If someone has any tips or tricks to help me get this thing moving and jumping again I would greatly appreciate.

Did you contact Horizon about the issue? I had a rare part break on my Losi ACT a while back and contacted them. They sent a replacement immediately. They stand behind their products.
LittleTreeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:

But it's a short course truck. I can think of at least two different sets of shocks you can use for it. And both of them start with "Proline"
Old 08-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

I am sorry this happened. We have already looked into this and have an updated shock cap coming. If you contact customer service, they will gladly get you some shock caps that will get you going for sure.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Last night one of the top drivers at my local RC track drove a Tenacity in the Pro4 Amain race. This is just a local race but we have a few consistently fast drivers. The Tenacity was in first place within the second lap and it stayed there all race. It was box stock and running 2s. I don't think he crashed and he didn't take the 30 foot triple but the truck looked pretty good. The shocks looked like they needed some thicker oil.

Good run for the Tenacity. I would certainly put it ahead of the Slash 4x4.
Backyard RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Based on lack of YouTube vids. and forum chatter, it seems this new offering isn't generating a lot of interest. Kinda surprising as this model is priced competitively in the market for backyard track racers and average RCers???

Maybe it just hasn't been available long enough yet???
RGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:27 AM   #22
Tech Rookie

Default The shocks are junk!

I've had this sct for almost a week now and finally got the chance to take it to the local track. Every two laps or so I was reinstalling one of the shock caps. It was really aggravating. I even went as far as to super glue one of the caps on, just so I could stay and run it.I have emailed horizon and waiting on a reply, I will update when they email me back. I'm just wondering who else is having this issue? It has the potential to be a great bashing truck, almost all the components are plastic, but they seem tough, and the parts are cheap if they break. Again, my only issue is the shocks, I really want to love this truck, and I'm sure I will once they upgrade the shocks.
Thisdirtsforyou is offline   Reply With Quote